I'll have to hand it to CBJ - he knows how to handle a loss

Stevorino

First time in 10+ years I've heard some sense of urgency after a loss.

This is his first loss.

I'm sure many more will come, but it is nice to know that we aren't just taking the loss in stride because 'it's year zero' or that we don't have the talent.

I dig it - I'm cautiously optimistic they bounce back in a respectable way vs. Florida.

Reactions: 42 people

This is his first loss.

I'm sure many more will come, but it is nice to know that we aren't just taking the loss in stride because 'it's year zero' or that we don't have the talent.

I dig it - I'm cautiously optimistic they bounce back in a respectable way vs. Florida.

I heard that! If possibly burning QB redshirts (I believe he had rather not) doesn't convince you Butch is serious, nothing will.
GO VOLS!

Reactions: 6 people
We, our team, is in very good hands with CBJ. You are blind if you can't see the change taking place with team 117. The discipline, the energy, and willingness to compete is better than it has been in years. I hate a loss, any loss, but lets get the attitude that we don't back down from anybody, anytime. The rebuilding starts with the minds of the players. Coach is doing just that.

Reactions: 15 people
Couldn't agree more. The way he said, "This had better hurt" and "this is simply not acceptable." Then he just manned up and agreed to the fact that we got our butts kicked and that we're gonna work even harder this week. I like it a lot. Dooley made excuses. Butch makes plans.

Reactions: 13 people
We should be getting good at it by now.

We are.

The "UT has horrible fans" line is the hot new fad around here. If a Bama fan with a UT handle/flair creates a thread it'll garner "UT fans suck" or "I hate this fanbase" or "Tennessee fans are stupid" comments from VN's stalwart heroes.

From where I stand, Florida/LSU/Georgia/Bama couldn't have had UT's last 5 years and still be able to put almost 90,000 in the stands for a game to see their 4-5 team play a non-rival 4-5 team play... much less 102,455 to see their 3-3 (0-3 SEC) team play the reigning National Champion that is heavily favored.

Reactions: 17 people
We are.

The "UT has horrible fans" line is the hot new fad around here. If a Bama fan with a UT handle/flair creates a thread it'll garner "UT fans suck" or "I hate this fanbase" or "Tennessee fans are stupid" comments from VN's stalwart heroes.

From where I stand, Florida/LSU/Georgia/Bama couldn't have had UT's last 5 years and still be able to put almost 90,000 in the stands for a game to see their 4-5 team play a non-rival 4-5 team play... much less 102,455 to see their 3-3 (0-3 SEC) team play the reigning National Champion that is heavily favored.

This brings up an interesting thought....has there ever been a team that's had as dramatic of a fall from grace as UT has had?

Reactions: 2 people

This is his first loss.

Agreed. I think we show a better team week in and week out, he's doing his job. I think the opposite happened in the last administration.

We are.

Spot on DC. However, would add that a lot of tickets have gone to the opposing team for key rivalry games. I remember the LSU game in 2011, it seemed like the whole upper deck was purple.

This brings up an interesting thought....has there ever been a team that's had as dramatic of a fall from grace as UT has had?

Michigan fell pretty hard in the post-Carr years. AFAIK they were still able to put 100k+ in the stands for most games.

Also, Texas is giving it the old college try right now.

Michigan fell pretty hard in the post-Carr years. AFAIK they were still able to put 100k+ in the stands for most games.

Also, Texas is giving it the old college try right now.

USC isn't doin too shaby either

Some of those freak notes reminded me of the last ones after the 2009 oregon blowout, perhaps I remember incorrectly. Mostly coach speak stuff, I mean, what is he supposed to say.

Some of those freak notes reminded me of the last ones after the 2009 oregon blowout, perhaps I remember incorrectly. Mostly coach speak stuff, I mean, what is he supposed to say.

He's supposed to say exactly what he said today and on Saturday.

Reactions: 2 people
We are.

Amen.

The "I told you so" crowd about Oregon coupled with the "know how to lose" chant to the fans has made this a couple of the most obnoxious days on VN in awhile.

VN Store

Back