I'm disgusted. Something has to change.

BTW, Kiffin wants it changed too, but is clear that he will expose it while it’s allowed. I also hate when we do it after PAT’s.

Attachments

• IMG_8424.jpeg
    IMG_8424.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: MemphisVol77
We're we faking injuries after xp attempts in 2001?

Aside from the xp attempts, I can only think of 1 instance where we've done it during a drive. In the 2022 FL game, Omari Thomas faked an injury after FL picked up a chunk play and got into our redzone. I distinctly remember it because I was worried until he got to the sideline, quit limping, and started laughing.

We can't claim to be angels, but I'll say there's a distinct difference in the gamesmanship between faking an injury to extend the dead clock period between kickoffs, and faking an injury to disrupt the play clock during a drive. I'd be content to quit exploiting the loophole after xp attempts if other teams had to quit exploiting it against us during our drives.

Reactions: DixieVol
No he does it because we score so fast and he wants a few more minutes of rest for the D.
I understand that. I’m just saying that he may abuse the non rule in the situation in an attempt to draw attention. I also understand that we score so fast that the d needs a few more moments of rest. It’s a win-win.

Health and safety of the injured player should always be the number 1 priority.

My solution: The player must go through full physical evaluation and is ineligible to return to the field of play for 30 minutes.

VN Store

Back