In B4 LG starts the DOJ brings suit VS Georgia thread.

“Already in the statute” meaning it’s higher up in the paragraph, not previously existing. My bad. I have no idea if it was already illegal. If it was, how is making it illegal for a different reason going to fix the problem*?

Also, are you saying that there’s no need to pass laws that are narrowly tailored to their purpose; any law is prudent as long as it addresses a perceived problem? If the state legislature says “well, we’re having a lot of DUI and that is a problem, so we are going to make all forms of driving illegal,” would you be good with that? If so, I don’t agree. If not, how is that different?

Finally, was it really a problem? That determination seems to be fully a derivative of the “stolen election” narrative and the Georgia legislature’s need to pass something to reassure all the people disaffected by Trump Co claiming they had evidence that the election was stolen from them.
likely the reason it is getting spelt out again is lawyers. Language was vague enough lawyers were able to argue that water/food didnt count as campaigning before.

The government, all government, is incapable of simple fixes of what is already there so instead we get a new law, blown way out of proportion.

I'm curious to what kind of person would be so undecided on who to vote for while standing on line at the poll that a bottle of water would be the deciding factor. I'm, sure that the "Warnock water" was the deciding factor in Rev. Warnocks victory.
What about people holding signs outside the building?

likely the reason it is getting spelt out again is lawyers. Language was vague enough lawyers were able to argue that water/food didnt count as campaigning before.

The government, all government, is incapable of simple fixes of what is already there so instead we get a new law, blown way out of proportion.
How many people got arrested for handing out food and water, before?

To prevent private groups from counteracting legislative and administrative efforts to make voting as miserable as possible for members of the other political party.
And yet the law specifies that those same efforts can still continue. It just has to be done in a way that follows the law(s). As with pretty much everything under the sun.

The only reason this is an issue is because it was made partisan, by both sides. When in reality it was a decent law, that was addressing existing issues both sides had complained about for years.

Reactions: hog88
And yet the law specifies that those same efforts can still continue.
No, it doesn’t.

It just has to be done in a way that follows the law(s). As with pretty much everything under the sun.

How do you give an elector a food or water while remaining 25 feet from the elector? Catapults of sliders?

How many people got arrested for handing out food and water, before?
No idea. I know a group of Rs got fined down in south Georgia for handing out fans in line.

Probably as many as are going to get arrested now. Good thing the DoJ is there to fix this non issue.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
No, it doesn’t.

How do you give an elector a food or water while remaining 25 feet from the elector? Catapults of sliders?
Give it to a volunteer poll worker.

Woh, mind blown. No way that's EVER going to happen now.

Complete non issue made an issue because idiots on both sides opened their mouths.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
No idea. I know a group of Rs got fined down in south Georgia for handing out fans in line.

Probably as many as are going to get arrested now. Good thing the DoJ is there to fix this non issue.

Doesn’t sound too vague if they were able to successfully enforce it in 1 out of 1 cases.

Give it to a volunteer poll worker.

Woh, mind blown. No way that's EVER going to happen now.

Complete non issue made an issue because idiots on both sides opened their mouths.
You think there are going to be volunteer poll workers standing around waiting to hand out your water at polling places that are so oversaturated that people are waiting for hours to vote?

Seems legit.

You think there are going to be volunteer poll workers standing around waiting to hand out your water at polling places that are so oversaturated that people are waiting for hours to vote?

Seems legit.
Uh pretty sure Georgia uses machines to do the voting. Not poll workers. Non issue.

The same groups worried about people dehydrating in Novemeber after 2/3 hours can have their same people handing out waters go through the rigorous process of being a poll worker, and then hand out the water.

Uh pretty sure Georgia uses machines to do the voting. Not poll workers. Non issue.

The same groups worried about people dehydrating in Novemeber after 2/3 hours can have their same people handing out waters go through the rigorous process of being a poll worker, and then hand out the water.

Yeah, voting machines don’t mean there’s nothing for poll workers to do. Have you never voted?

This battle that is going on over handing out water in Georgia poll lines is amazing. I've voted dozens of times and not once, even in August did I take water and snacks with me because I was in and out in less than 30 minutes. If Georgia has early voting for over a week and mail-in voting before election day there is no reason someone would need to wait until the last minute to vote and have to endure a line much less one long enough they would endure thirst and hunger pains.

Also, if the water is good enough to be handed out by poll workers, why can’t it be handed out by other people so long as it doesn’t conflict with the first clause in the sentence?

This battle that is going on over handing out water in Georgia poll lines is amazing. I've voted dozens of times and not once, even in August did I take water and snacks with me because I was in and out in less than 30 minutes. If Georgia has early voting for over a week and mail-in voting before election day there is no reason someone would need to wait until the last minute to vote and have to endure a line much less one long enough they would endure thirst and hunger pains.

Amazing. It’s almost like the anecdotal experiences of people that the Republican legislature wants to vote aren’t relevant to this discussion.

Yeah, voting machines don’t mean there’s nothing for poll workers to do. Have you never voted?
Nope. I dont believe my choice is more important than others.

And you are side stepping the point I raised. The same groups wanting to hand out water can go volunteer themselves to help with the issue. State didnt say it cpuldnt be done, just says how it can be done.

And the reason the state RNC fined the local RNC was because the vague language didnt allow anything from the state. Not sure how you want me to prove a case that was never a case because there wasnt a law that covered it before.

Also, if the water is good enough to be handed out by poll workers, why can’t it be handed out by other people so long as it doesn’t conflict with the first clause in the sentence?
Because people were going around the first clause. As I, and others have pointed out.

Someone even gave the example of the Warnock Water.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
For the actual polling place issues, I rather like my experiences in Tennessee and believe they would work well elsewhere. Clear, easily visible signs and a tape line that prohibits pins, buttons, hats, or any other item bearing the name or likeness of a party or candidate beyond this point. There was always someone in the school parking lot serving pizza or snacks on behalf of a candidate, but well behind the tape line.

Amazing. It’s almost like the anecdotal experiences of people that the Republican legislature wants to vote aren’t relevant to this discussion.
Amazing. It's almost like the same situation played put over a multitude of conditions has different results. All without there being any foul play.

For the actual polling place issues, I rather like my experiences in Tennessee and believe they would work well elsewhere. Clear, easily visible signs and a tape line that prohibits pins, buttons, hats, or any other item bearing the name or likeness of a party or candidate beyond this point. There was always someone in the school parking lot serving pizza or snacks on behalf of a candidate, but well behind the tape line.
And that's legal in GA. Even without the poll workers. Just cant do it with people in line.

VN Store

Back