In Defense of Joe

claimjumper steve

I might be off base her with you regulars but I want to tip my hat to Joe Milton. Definitely a VFL that gave us some good moments. Actually the only game I kinda hold against him is Florida. Joe was a good loyal quarterback that produced 8 solid wins. I wish him well in the NFL (like Dobbs) and thank him for his service to the vols!

He’s taken a lot of crap from the fan base even after being loyal to the program.

Could have easily transferred somewhere else but he stuck it out.

He’s a VFL in my book.
Transferred and did what exactly?
Where? Who was going to coach him better than Heupel?? He stayed for himself too. Don get it twisted.

If he had left, oh gosh, I guess that means Nico would have had to play!
That would have been just terrible!!

Why hold Florida against him? Oline didn’t do its job. They absolutely sucked that game. Find a QB that succeeds with that Oline performance in the swamp. Plenty to blame on Joe although I thought he had a good season, Florida ain’t really near the top of the list for me.

Where? Who was going to coach him better than Heupel?? He stayed for himself too. Don get it twisted.

Didn’t take you long to kill this thread.

Give the kid credit.

Good grief.

I see no reason for anyone to have an issue with Joe. He tried and did his best and it’s not his fault if there were issues and he was not pin point accurate.

It’s just like JG as he did his best and Butch kept playing him.

Joe deserves nothing but respect from anyone here.

Why hold Florida against him? Oline didn’t do its job. They absolutely sucked that game. Find a QB that succeeds with that Oline performance in the swamp. Plenty to blame on Joe although I thought he had a good season, Florida ain’t really near the top of the list for me.
Agree, and the defense sucked at Florida

All I will say is it was night and day watching Nico at qb vs Joe. Mind you Nico is a true freshman. Joe was like a 6th year senior or something like that. Part of me wonders if the reason we didn’t see more Nico this year was Huepel protecting Joe and the program from seeing how much better Nico was than Joe. Huepel was determined to play Joe just like Pruitt was hell bent on playing JG. Nico has some things to work on but I am glad to see Joe finally gone just like I was JG! The Vols future is looking bright with Nico, Jake and the other QBs Huepel is targeting!

Reactions: VolMarine1371

Dude slow your roll ..He was just giving Joe props..And it doesnt matter where he couldve transfered and What he couldve done..The fact he stayed and put up with fans like you means alot to true vol fans .Joe stayed and showed he enjoyed his time here.We dont need people like you killing this young mans high .

I might be off base her with you regulars but I want to tip my hat to Joe Milton. Definitely a VFL that gave us some good moments. Actually the only game I kinda hold against him is Florida. Joe was a good loyal quarterback that produced 8 solid wins. I wish him well in the NFL (like Dobbs) and thank him for his service to the vols!
Hopefully not the whole game 😬 the defense didn't wanna tackle in the first half. Also the offensive line got no push and got pushed around. Copper Mays sat out 1 game to many.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnWardForever
I feel like most have expressed appreciation and I’m not sure why we gotta keep talking about it. We’ve beaten the topic to death for months. It’s a new day/era.
He was a great teammate
He didn’t perform up to expectations!standards
He also got some blame unfairly
Most fans do and hve wished him well and expressed appreciation.
All these are true and have been clearly communicated on here.

VN Store

Back