In Defense of Joe

You can say you are honest about your opinion. You are not being "truthful". Your antagonistic bias against Milton is pretty obvious.
whatever you say boss, still haven’t given your “honest” opinion. Is Michigan in nc game with Milton

Transferred and did what exactly?
Where? Who was going to coach him better than Heupel?? He stayed for himself too. Don get it twisted.

If he had left, oh gosh, I guess that means Nico would have had to play!
That would have been just terrible!!
Not to jump in the middle of your pee-pee match over Milton... but yeah it would. Nico needed the time that Milton bought him. Nico was neither physically nor mentally ready to play right away. He needed to learn the system. He needed every ounce of that 20 lbs of muscle he's added. He took some shots from Iowa... imagine how that would have been if he had played through the whole SEC schedule.

Reactions: ib4ut1
Joe Milton doesn't need defending. He was a good quarterback, and he gave his all for Tennessee every time he stepped on the field. He also played a big part in establishing the culture that so many recruits talk about after visiting UT. He's a VFL.

Last edited:
I'm sorry for beating a dead horse. I was off the board for a month and didn't realize Joe had been fully discussed. My point of view is that there are intangibles about college football other than stacking up wins. I will always think Joe was a good quarterback and a better person. The way he stood by Hendon after Hendon took the starting job is commendable. A lot of this world functions because of people like Joe. I do wish him well in whatever he does.

Reactions: ib4ut1
Don’t care what the stats say. Do you think Michigan would be playing for nc if Joe was their qb, besides there are lies,damn lies,and statistics
You don’t like stats because they defeat your narrative. I get it. I have no idea if UM would be in the NC with Milton and neither do you.

Your truth. Not actual truth. But continue.
You people and your revisionist history. Keep saying how good he was. Tell a lie long enough and loud enough, soon it becomes fact. I’m not happy to say he wasn’t good but he wasn’t. Not my agenda. He was the most inaccurate,slow to react, qb at UT that I can remember in my 50+ years as a fan. You and your ilk preaching otherwise isn’t going to change that

Reactions: loservol
You people and your revisionist history. Keep saying how good he was. Tell a lie long enough and loud enough, soon it becomes fact. I’m not happy to say he wasn’t good but he wasn’t. Not my agenda. He was the most inaccurate,slow to react, qb at UT that I can remember in my 50+ years as a fan. You and your ilk preaching otherwise isn’t going to change that
Nobody is saying he is elite. But he was a good QB. Sorry the stats prove you wrong.

Read post #55 in this thread and tell me which season(s) you would consider bad out of those.

Transferred and did what exactly?
Where? Who was going to coach him better than Heupel?? He stayed for himself too. Don get it twisted.

If he had left, oh gosh, I guess that means Nico would have had to play!
That would have been just terrible!!
All this garbage you just posted proves two things. You're a bad poster AND a bad human being. Sure Joe wasn't an all time great here but he did the best he could with the talents he had. People like you make me sick.

Literally nobody has said he's the best quarterback we've ever had, not even top 10 probably. But he didn't quit, he gave his all and he lead this team. Those are three things you'll never be man enough to do.

whatever you say boss, still haven’t given your “honest” opinion. Is Michigan in nc game with Milton
My "honest" opinion is that you can never KNOW the answer to a hypothetical. Maybe they would be. They didn't get to where they are because of elite QB play. Their QB is 6th in the B1G. It was a weird thing to watch. It was almost back to the future. Harbaugh basically used Saban's original formula. Michigan is #1 in scoring/total D. They've married that to a good, steady O that doesn't turn the ball over or make the big mistake.

Could Joe "manage" that kind of O? I don't know. Probably better than he could turbocharge a QB centered O like UT runs.

I just don't get how 2,813 | 20 | 5 | 64.7% gets calls for you to be benched. Was he perfect? No. But he was a darn solid QB for us. Nico probably throws double the pics next year (being a RS Freshman) and I think he'll be a great one. I hope we have a really good back up next year. If Nico doesn't stop running so much he'll be out for season by week 7. He doesn't have nowhere near the body that JM has.

VN Store

Back