IOC President Says Transgender Weightlifter Can Compete For Women’s Title, Admits Rules On Trans Athletes May Change

Which is it? You have to pick one. Is he stat-padding shots or is he scared of the moment and giving the ball up. You can't have it both ways.

He gave the ball up way to often for the majority of his career but when you play since 18 and 1,363 games you better have the best stats or near them.

He has played almost 100 more playoff games than MJ.

I have never said he isn’t a great player but for his whole career up until the last 2 finals he was very scared to have the ball shooting at the end.

So it can be both……

He gave the ball up way to often for the majority of his career but when you play since 18 and 1,363 games you better have the best stats or near them.

He has played almost 100 more playoff games than MJ.

I have never said he isn’t a great player but for his whole career up until the last 2 finals he was very scared to have the ball shooting at the end.

So it can be both……

Don't you see that's part of his greatness? You're penalizing him for being more dedicated to the grind and being great for nearly twice as many years.

And let's not pretend MJ wasn't stat padding. He was a ballhog, and rightfully so.

Lebron is a pass-first guy so he passes when it's the right basketball play. He hasn't been afraid of the moment since 2011, and anybody who watches basketball with an open mind would know this. Seriously, dudes were clowning Lebron last year for passing out of a quadruple team for a potential game-winner in the finals. It's the right basketball play. It's also the same play that MJ made twice in the finals vs. double teams (forget about quadruple teams). If Lebron is a guy known for shying away in the moment, why on earth would one of the smartest coaches in the league send help? If he's going to pass, just stay home, right?

You're wrong at almost every turn.

I agree with you guys defending lebron he’s one of the greatest players even athletes of all time. I just prefer Jordan over all. Between Kobe and Lebron however, that’s a discussion I’d love to have. I think I’d lean towards Kobe bc he had that killer instinct and played every possession like it was his last, but you can’t go wrong with Lebron either. Don’t have to like Lebron as a person if someone doesn’t want to but to deny his ability in basketball is absurd
That is a tough decision for sure but I think I would go with Lebron over Kobe. Remember when Shaq left LA and the Lakers had a drought of championships until they brought in Andrew Bynum, Lamar Odom, and Gasol winning the title in 2008-09? During that dry spell before LA acquired those guys Kobe wasn’t able to get the Lakers to the finals. Lebron OTOH was able to take a second-rate roster to the finals in 2006-07. His supporting cast on that squad were players like Anderson Varejao, Zydrunas Illgauskas, and Daniel Gibson. The CAVs got their azz handed to them by a superior Spurs team though. The feat however by Lebron to lead that team to finals was still pretty darn impressive IMO. I don’t believe Kobe could have done the same with that CAVs team if he were leading them.

Don't you see that's part of his greatness? You're penalizing him for being more dedicated to the grind and being great for nearly twice as many years.

And let's not pretend MJ wasn't stat padding. He was a ballhog, and rightfully so.

Lebron is a pass-first guy so he passes when it's the right basketball play. He hasn't been afraid of the moment since 2011, and anybody who watches basketball with an open mind would know this. Seriously, dudes were clowning Lebron last year for passing out of a quadruple team for a potential game-winner in the finals. It's the right basketball play. It's also the same play that MJ made twice in the finals vs. double teams (forget about quadruple teams). If Lebron is a guy known for shying away in the moment, why on earth would one of the smartest coaches in the league send help? If he's going to pass, just stay home, right?

You're wrong at almost every turn.

I would say you are wrong at almost every turn so we are at an impasse.

I am clearly in the “MJ is the best player ever and basketball was better then” camp and you are in the “Lebron is the best player and basketball is so much better now” camp.

We disagree and neither are going to budge.

Kobe was 5-2 in the finals and Jordan 6-0.

Lebron is 4-6.

I would say you are wrong at almost every turn so we are at an impasse.

I am clearly in the “MJ is the best player ever and basketball was better then” camp and you are in the “Lebron is the best player and basketball is so much better now” camp.

We disagree and neither are going to budge.

Kobe was 5-2 in the finals and Jordan 6-0.

Lebron is 4-6.

I actually don't have a fixed opinion on MJ vs. Lebron. If the GOAT is the guy who dominated his peers the most, it's MJ. If it is just the best all-around talent, it's Lebron. If it's the guy who had the best peak, it's MJ. If it's the guy who has the most impressive resume, it's probably Lebron. I'm torn.

The era is way better now. It's just idiotic to say otherwise. The talent pool is much bigger with the growth of the international game and we just know more about the sport, training, developing skills, etc.

If finals record is the trump card, then the GOAT is Bill Russell. 4-6 is an amazing stat to claim. It means he has 10 conference championships. 10. Once again real loud for the people in the back. 10.

Here's a good illustration of how much better the game is now. The 1998 Jazz were western conference champs. The 2021 Jazz couldn't even win the conference semifinals with their opponent's best player out. Here is how they match up:

Old Stockton < Old Conley
Old Hornacek < Mitchell
Byron Russell = O'Neal
Old Mailman > Bogdonavich
Ostertag < Gobert
Eisley < Ingles
Anderson < Clarkson
Foster < Favors

I actually don't have a fixed opinion on MJ vs. Lebron. If the GOAT is the guy who dominated his peers the most, it's MJ. If it is just the best all-around talent, it's Lebron. If it's the guy who had the best peak, it's MJ. If it's the guy who has the most impressive resume, it's probably Lebron. I'm torn.

The era is way better now. It's just idiotic to say otherwise. The talent pool is much bigger with the growth of the international game and we just know more about the sport, training, developing skills, etc.

If finals record is the trump card, then the GOAT is Bill Russell. 4-6 is an amazing stat to claim. It means he has 10 conference championships. 10. Once again real loud for the people in the back. 10.
Robert Horry has 7 championship rings. He is better than MJ, Kobe, Giannas, and your boyfriend Lebron James. TAKE THAT HUFF!!!

Here's a good illustration of how much better the game is now. The 1998 Jazz were western conference champs. The 2021 Jazz couldn't even win the conference semifinals with their opponent's best player out. Here is how they match up:

Old Stockton < Old Conley
Old Hornacek < Mitchell
Byron Russell = O'Neal
Old Mailman > Bogdonavich
Ostertag < Gobert
Eisley < Ingles
Anderson < Clarkson
Foster < Favors

just because you keep blabbing on that you feel some players are better than others still doesn’t make it real.

There are players who played in both eras who price you are in correct.

The Boston big three spanked Lebron like a bitch but those same three players got schooled by MJ during their careers.

There is literally a video where Garnett mentioned how Mike went off on him in a game where Garnett ran his mouth and MJ beat the living snot out of them in the court and jawed the whole time.

As a side note, Garnett was never scared of Lebron.

My point is this whole young buck NBA is awesome thing is BS. Players now are soft as melting ice cream.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
just because you keep blabbing on that you feel some players are better than others still doesn’t make it real.

Who did I get wrong from that list?

There are players who played in both eras who price you are in correct.

The Boston big three spanked Lebron like a bitch but those same three players got schooled by MJ during their careers.

There is literally a video where Garnett mentioned how Mike went off on him in a game where Garnett ran his mouth and MJ beat the living snot out of them in the court and jawed the whole time.

As a side note, Garnett was never scared of Lebron.

My point is this whole young buck NBA is awesome thing is BS. Players now are soft as melting ice cream.

You mean to tell me that veteran MJ with Pippen and Rodman beat up on young KG, PP, and Ray Allen all separately? And then young Lebron lost to the veteran version of those guys when they teamed up? You can't be serious with this point.

Last edited:
Who did I get wrong from that list?

You mean to tell me that veteran MJ with Pippen and Rodman beat up on young KG, PP, and Ray Allen all separately? And then young Lebron lost to the veteran version of those guys when they teamed up? You can't serious with this point.

Lebron lost to a lot of people in the eastern finals and finals so that’s kind of mute.

You watch the game last night?

Giannis had 50 and he ONLY had one bucket outside the paint. He was 1-6 from outside the paint. Everything else was layups or dunks.

Sorry that is crap defense in a crap era.

There is a reason Jordan, the consensus all time best, became such a great shooter. Because his body couldn’t take the punishment from going inside consistently that was allowed in the 80s and 90s. But Giannis can win a series final game where the opponent is 1 loss away from elimination with just layups.

Sorry that shows how pathetic the game is now.

sports in general are soft now. It’s why Tom Brady can still win a championship in his 40s. The rules are made for babies.

Lebron lost to a lot of people in the eastern finals and finals so that’s kind of mute.

You watch the game last night?

Giannis had 50 and he ONLY had one bucket outside the paint. He was 1-6 from outside the paint. Everything else was layups or dunks.

Sorry that is crap defense in a crap era.

There is a reason Jordan, the consensus all time best, became such a great shooter. Because his body couldn’t take the punishment from going inside consistently that was allowed in the 80s and 90s. But Giannis can win a series final game where the opponent is 1 loss away from elimination with just layups.

Sorry that shows how pathetic the game is now.

You avoid questions and speak nonsense.

Here is the shot chart. He actually hit 5 of 9 shots from 14' out, so only 2/3 of his makes came around the basket. You see a game with a final score of 105-98 where there were about 110 possessions for each team and you think the defense was bad? That's actually damn good defense.

1626904490629.png

Here is the shot chart. He actually hit 5 of 9 shots from 14' out, so only 2/3 of his makes came around the basket. You see a game with a final score of 105-98 where there were about 110 possessions for each team and you think the defense was bad? That's actually damn good defense.

View attachment 381862

All but 6 shots made were within the 3 second circle.

Sorry you can’t see that.

Either way I give up and am moving on.

My care factor is zero now.

Last edited:
Well, NEO wins the dingus award for knowing jack sh*t about a sport despite arguing like a boomer for 6 pages over it.

How many years did you spend in the NBA, Glen Davis?

Lettered 5 years in basketball. Point/off guard

Won our conference 3 times.

Set the schools steal record.

Went to state finals once.

Coached middle school in TN and led them to conference tournament for first time in school history.

I lettered in soccer 4 years. Won the conference 2 times and was captain of the team my sophomore year before dropping out as a junior.

coached a high school team in Ohio one year that had a winning record for first time in 7 years I believe.

Played semi pro indoor soccer for 3 years in Ohio.

What about you?

Lettered 5 years in basketball. Point/off guard

Won our conference 3 times.

Set the schools steal record.

Went to state finals once.

Coached middle school in TN and led them to conference tournament for first time in school history.

I lettered in soccer 4 years. Won the conference 2 times and was captain of the team my sophomore year before dropping out as a junior.

coached a high school team in Ohio one year that had a winning record for first time in 7 years I believe.

Played semi pro indoor soccer for 3 years in Ohio.

What about you?

Yet your basketball analysis is complete, dated garbage.

Funny how that works.

View attachment 381862

@n_huffhines

You wanna continue this in the Gramps forum and keep it cordial I am fine with that.

We gonna keep calling each other names though I am done.

We are wrecking this thread though.

Your call.

Yet your basketball analysis is complete, dated garbage.

Funny how that works.

Maybe it’s not dated and the players now are soft.

Maybe that’s why they are losing in exhibition games left and right.

Maybe the rules have made it so easy for offenses to score in the NBA that the players can’t adjust to Olympic rules now where the court is smaller and the 3 line is closer.

They may still win gold but they are struggling and maybe it’s because they are soft.

VN Store

Back