iRacing?

I play quite a few sim racing games on steam. I have been looking into the iRacing stuff recently.

I have played GT7 for a while on controller and then stepped into AC:C for a couple of months with a Moza R5 mounted on my desk. Before my heart surgery I went all in and bought an alluminum rig and sold my Moza and purchased the Simagic Alpha Ultimate with P2000 pedals. I had put my rig together prior to me being out but today was the first time I was able to mount my wheelbase and play around with it a little with the FFB down quiet a bit. This thing is amazing and really excited to feel the higher FFB when I am ready for it. This wheelbase will do 23NM, but honestly would probably never use that much and will keep around 15NM. I played a little bit of the Mazda series just to get a feel and I am already hooked. I have a quest 3, but waiting on a Crystal Light to be shipped......hopefully next week. Would be cool to link up with some of yall once I get my feel wet a little more. My goal is to get through rookie and get to a point I can start oval racing as I would love to do that stuff. Interested in F1 as well, but gonna take my time. The awesome thing about iracing is the enormous range of different racing styles you can compete in. So much to do

Just raced my very first real race in iracing, MX5 Rookies, and my God I love this. I started 8 out of 20 and finished 7th. No penalties and safety rating bumped up a little. I might be hooked, this feels better than GT7 to me.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Just raced my very first real race in iracing, MX5 Rookies, and my God I love this. I started 8 out of 20 and finished 7th. No penalties and safety rating bumped up a little. I might be hooked, this feels better than GT7 to me.
Have you tried Assetto Corsa with content manager. Get game for modding. Highly recommend. Tons of tracks and cars.

I have played GT7 for a while on controller and then stepped into AC:C for a couple of months with a Moza R5 mounted on my desk. Before my heart surgery I went all in and bought an alluminum rig and sold my Moza and purchased the Simagic Alpha Ultimate with P2000 pedals. I had put my rig together prior to me being out but today was the first time I was able to mount my wheelbase and play around with it a little with the FFB down quiet a bit. This thing is amazing and really excited to feel the higher FFB when I am ready for it. This wheelbase will do 23NM, but honestly would probably never use that much and will keep around 15NM. I played a little bit of the Mazda series just to get a feel and I am already hooked. I have a quest 3, but waiting on a Crystal Light to be shipped......hopefully next week. Would be cool to link up with some of yall once I get my feel wet a little more. My goal is to get through rookie and get to a point I can start oval racing as I would love to do that stuff. Interested in F1 as well, but gonna take my time. The awesome thing about iracing is the enormous range of different racing styles you can compete in. So much to do
This is all foreign to me. Can you post pics or links to the type of setup you have?

PRIME Lite Cockpit Is my allum rig

Alpha Ultimate Direct Drive Wheel base - SIMAGIC Official Store is my wheelbase

P2000 Pedal - SIMAGIC Official Store are my pedals

GTS Steering Wheel - SIMAGIC Official Store is my wheel for roadcars and stock cars

Simagic GT NEO is my wheel for GT cars and F1

I still need to tiddy things up with my rig as I have some caster wheels I need to install and need to clean up wires and crap to make it look good. I dont use a monitor, I use VR and its freaking cool. Its an investment and I dont recommend unless you like racing with a controller now. I'll post pics when I get everything cleaned up and ready for presentation :)

Reactions: Freak

GTS Steering Wheel - SIMAGIC Official Store is my wheel for roadcars and stock cars

I still need to tiddy things up with my rig as I have some caster wheels I need to install and need to clean up wires and crap to make it look good. I dont use a monitor, I use VR and its freaking cool. Its an investment and I dont recommend unless you like racing with a controller now. I'll post pics when I get everything cleaned up and ready for presentation :)
That's crazy. Can't way to see pics.

Have you tried Assetto Corsa with content manager. Get game for modding. Highly recommend. Tons of tracks and cars.
I have not, but I did buy AC for like 10 bucks the other day, just havent installed yet. I have heard it has a great modding community and hoping the new AC will allow modding as well.

That's crazy. Can't way to see pics.
That's tame compared to some setups I have seen. If I roll with this for the next year or so, I will see about adding motion to my rig. Some setups I have seen are incredible.

That's tame compared to some setups I have seen. If I roll with this for the next year or so, I will see about adding motion to my rig. Some setups I have seen are incredible.
I am looking at the Qubic system of a motion system. Which ones are you looking at?

Did your Pimax ship. Got an email from them saying it is ready for shipping. I haven't ordered yet. Looking forward to your review.

Did your Pimax ship. Got an email from them saying it is ready for shipping. I haven't ordered yet. Looking forward to your review.
Paid for it last night and shipping is soon. I was in the first batch of preorders so hopefully being shipped out this week or early next week.

I feel funny asking this, but I’m really not sure but I know that the lights are compatible with lighthouse. I’ve seen the lighthouse plates and I’m still not exactly sure what they are and if I need them for racing.

Make sure you only buy if you get the email from ecommerce Pimax as it has a code in there if you preordered that takes 30 dollars off your final order. Also, if you dont go through that email with those links, you will have to wait in line instead of getting your preordered Crystal Light. I still dont have a shipping date, but discord is saying it should be any day now.

I feel funny asking this, but I’m really not sure but I know that the lights are compatible with lighthouse. I’ve seen the lighthouse plates and I’m still not exactly sure what they are and if I need them for racing.
The lighthouse faceplate is for people that already have base stations for tracking. The Pimax should have inside out tracking. I am interested in this model for sim racing. I don't need controllers. No, you do not need the lighthouse faceplate unless you have base stations.

• $799 - Includes the headset itself (no controllers), equipped with local dimming.

Make sure you only buy if you get the email from ecommerce Pimax as it has a code in there if you preordered that takes 30 dollars off your final order. Also, if you dont go through that email with those links, you will have to wait in line instead of getting your preordered Crystal Light. I still dont have a shipping date, but discord is saying it should be any day now.
Keep me updated if don't mind.

The lighthouse faceplate is for people that already have base stations for tracking. The Pimax should have inside out tracking. I am interested in this model for sim racing. I don't need controllers. No, you do not need the lighthouse faceplate unless you have base stations.

• $799 - Includes the headset itself (no controllers), equipped with local dimming.

Inside out tracking? Do these base stations track the head movement? Or is it hand moverment?

VN Store

Back