iRacing?

My two driving games for PC I have enjoyed most are Project Cars 2, and Asetto Corsa. PC2 edges out for better over all graphics, and maybe slightly better AI when racing against computer, and Assetto Corsa maybe has slightly more realistic track surface and handling physics. Just a personal thing, but I enjoy driving often just on my own more if realism is there.

I use a G27 wheel when playing 2d pancake, but for playing in VR (which is much preferred as it just feels so much better to be able to look into corners as you really would etc, I prefer using the SteelSeries Simraceway SRW-S1, as it is much easier to handle while you have a VR headset on. It is also NOT mounted at all, so if you play somewhere for VR where you don't want to leave a full wheel setup taking up space it's much much preferred. It uses a system a bit like wii controllers you just hold up the wheel and it detects your movements and turning on the fly, but unlike a wiimote it is super acurate and sensative. It's an F1 style steering wheel with lots of buttons for programming and excellent paddle shifters. Many people prefer it so much they take mounted wheels off and mount it instead. It won't work with any console I know of though, you have to have a PC. Still I always recommend having this wheel in addition to any mounted system, and for VR. If only because you can take it out anywhere to play (even on a laptop etc)

SteelSeries Simraceway SRW-S1 Gaming Steering Wheel

Simraceway died out awhile ago I think.....but yet every once in awhile they still make a batch of these racewheels, It's insane to me this hasn't been ported for consoles as it's an excellent system. the absolute best bang for the buck in race wheels and a great way to start before investing in some permanent racing set up. I have the G27 wheel which to me is still the best physical feedback wheel systems ever made.....and yet I used the SRW-S1 probably alot more. It just works! As I do not fumble around for controls in VR on it like I do the G27. Though there is an adapter for G27 to work with any console out. The SRW-S1 pops up on Ebay sometimes for as little as $50....

Playing with that on Project Cars 2 is INTENSE. Had a friend try it playing in vintage F1 during Rain-shine weather traditions, and he nearly had a heart attack...lol he was flying around in crowded track with cars all inches from each other.....and between weather, and VR realism on open wheel and he just about died, his head went red, and the stress was real. So not for the feint of heart. I honestly love just taking super cars out on the Nurburring, and doing time trials. Racing against people is mixed.....Iracing is deffinately going to have a better system for competition, but also will be much more strict as well....I wouldn't sign up for that unless you have a dedicated system, time to dedicate to it like you would a local sport, and have already gotten really good, because they take it pretty seriously.... On the other hands Project cars 2, and Assetta Corsa let's anyone race, so you always have a field of retards who can't even get around the track by themselves much less a race. You have excellent drivers and horrible ones on the same track.

That's tame compared to some setups I have seen. If I roll with this for the next year or so, I will see about adding motion to my rig. Some setups I have seen are incredible.
I watched a guy on YouTube that had motion, was wild. He was drifting so I assume there was some extra motion going on. I would have had a mess on aisle 3 using it.

Hasnt shipped yet, but they have said it will ship out by the end of the month. Was hoping for earlier and still holding out hope by next week, but we will see.
I did a pre-order of the Pimax Light. I hope my roll of the dice pays off!

I also ordered the Pimax Super.

Reactions: BearCat204
Any update on the Pimax order?
Just asked them directly as they were doing a discord AMA and she told me my order was in the very first batch and it will be shipped to me with international direct shipping and will ship by the end of the month and will take a week of shipping. The next batches will be shipped to warehouses near your location and will take 4 weeks of shipping time whenever they start shipping those out

I really need Simagic to make a 400mm racing wheel for ovals. I have a 300mm, but feels a bit too small for big ovals. Any of yall race ovals and have any good setups to share?

Think its crazy that Max Verstappen is racing 24hr Nurburgring in Iracing and will be racing IRL tomorrow in F1 lol

Yes...................its like crack or what I imagine crack to be. I woke up around 2 in the morning and couldnt go back to sleep because I wanted to go get a few laps in lol
Have you taken a ride on the Nurburgring course.

Got my first top 3 finish in formula V and finally made it to D class in oval. I am having so much damn fun with this. It is very addictive.

Reactions: ATC_VOL

VN Store

Back