Iranian Players at World Cup

Kap wasn’t good enough to offset being a distraction. That’s all it is. If he was a 4000 yard passer that could throw 35-40 tds a year someone would have been happy to sign him to a good contract.

Plenty of middle tier-mediocre qbs stay in the NFL. By not being a distraction.

Kap wasn’t good enough to offset being a distraction. That’s all it is. If he was a 4000 yard passer that could throw 35-40 tds a year someone would have been happy to sign him to a good contract.

^^This!

These situations just aren't comparable, not sure how anyone would think otherwise.

It's like comparing protesting gay rights in America today and protesting gay rights while in Iran. Sure, they're protesting the same thing, but one gets you a bunch of Facebook likes, the other gets you stoned to death.
I think we all agree that the consequences are different. But My thing is if people feel it is wrong to protest during one anthem, why is it OK for us to celebrate a person in another country doing the exact same thing? That's all I'm saying.

Reactions: Ttucke11
Dear gawd... false flag coming... or they are just pulling this out of their azz.

Israeli Intelligence Warns Iran Is Mulling Terror Attack On World Cup | ZeroHedge

"There is a real concern within the regime that it endangers the regime. At this stage, I do not see a risk to the regime…. but as the pressure on Iran increases, including internal pressure, the Iranian response is much more aggressive, so we should expect much more aggressive responses in the region and in the world," Haliva said.

Weasel talk. So no proof... just that we "should expect" some type of attack. And of course, now they are preparing the ground to blame Iran for anything that goes on in Qatar during the World Cup. And for what? Because Iran has protests at home?

"I am telling you that the Iranians are now considering attacking the World Cup in Qatar as well," he said. “The only thing holding them back is how the Qataris will react."

I'm telling you... trust me. Pinky promise. I don't have anything to prove it, but we know we can't trust those Iranians.

As for the claims that Iran could be planning an attack on the World Cup, it remains entirely unclear if this is based on any firm intelligence. Instead, it seems more the speculative accusations which are typical from Israeli officials anytime there's a major media-covered international event in the Middle East region.

I think we all agree that the consequences are different. But My thing is if people feel it is wrong to protest during one anthem, why is it OK for us to celebrate a person in another country doing the exact same thing? That's all I'm saying.
Because people have opinions.

But what does this have to do with anything ITT? The point is he faced consequences for his protest. You're just explaining why the consequence was harsher for him than it would have been for a great QB.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
But what does this have to do with anything ITT? The point is he faced consequences for his protest. You're just explaining why the consequence was harsher for him than it would have been for a great QB.

Most employees would face consequences for protesting at work.

Reactions: Wireless1
Probably so but I don’t have a clue how the Iranian national team is set up. They might be “volunteers”.
What difference does it make if they are volunteers or as you put it "volunteers"? They have a job to do.

What difference does it make if they are volunteers or as you put it "volunteers"? They have a job to do.
What is your point in this? Kap didn't face imprisonment or possible death or his family punished for his protests, he was just fired (let go). I don't know who the Iranian players work for, the state or an independent federation. If they are fired so be it, if they face legal penalties then Iran should be barred from international competition.

Trying to compare CKs situation to the Iranians is one of your dumber whataboutisms.

Most employees would face consequences for protesting at work.

And? What is your point in the context of this thread? Lol. The point is that he faced consequences for his protest. That is all.

You mention Kapernick and people drool out talking points that make no sense.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
And? What is your point in the context of this thread? Lol. The point is that he faced consequences for his protest. That is all.

My point is CK deserves no sympathy.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol

He faced consequences because he was mediocre as a QB and wasn't good enough to overcome his destruction of revenue that he caused by being a political thorn in the side of the NFL. If you make your company money you will most likely have a job for life, if you lose your company money they are going to can your ass.

Kaep got boo'd. Then documentaries were made about him and he received lavish endorsements that far exceeded what his playing career would normally have dictated. The Iranians face actual consequences. Kaep's life got better after he kneeled. He didn't have to work and made millions.
Just like being in Congress

Reactions: Ttucke11
My point is CK deserves no sympathy.
I don't think anyone suggested he deserved sympathy. I'm simply wondering why you guys condemn Kaepernick but praise the Iranians.

And it get very problematic for you guys when you realize that there were several Western European teams that were trying to wear LGBTQ armbands and end FIFA forced them to not do it. Do you all support those players' protests?

What is your point in this? Kap didn't face imprisonment or possible death or his family punished for his protests, he was just fired (let go). I don't know who the Iranian players work for, the state or an independent federation. If they are fired so be it, if they face legal penalties then Iran should be barred from international competition.

Trying to compare CKs situation to the Iranians is one of your dumber whataboutisms.
Consequences shouldn't matter. If you are going to condemn one, them condemn the other.

Reactions: n_huffhines
I don't think anyone suggested he deserved sympathy. I'm simply wondering why you guys condemn Kaepernick but praise the Iranians.

And it get very problematic for you guys when you realize that there were several Western European teams that were trying to wear LGBTQ armbands and end FIFA forced them to not do it. Do you all support those players' protests?

I’m not condemning CK but I don’t feel sorry for him. Also CK faced zero legal problems from his protests, these guys possibly face imprisonment. They have balls and should be admired because their actions might bring them real consequences.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
I’m not condemning CK but I don’t feel sorry for him. Also CK faced zero legal problems from his protests, these guys possibly face imprisonment. They have balls and should be admired because their actions might bring them real consequences.
Keep that same energy. The World Cup will be in the USA in 4 years. Let's see how many of you celebrate if the US team does some political protest at that time.

VN Store

Back