Is it time to drop the extra federal unemployment money?

A well run restaurant in the right location yields very high profit margins. My last boss used to tend bar at the venue until he bought it 4 years in at a discount because it was failing. He made the right adjustments, turned it into a Knoxville landmark and started turning profits of about 500k a year. I was salaried but he paid his bartenders and servers anywhere from 14-20$ an hour and his kitchen 20-25$ an hour.

In fact, restaurant owners in any country but ours pay their staff a living wage and manage to keep the doors open. Fact is, American restaurateurs are highly exploitative of their employees.
I owe you an apology. I was wrong. Looks like they can pay these people more after all.

I owe you an apology. I was wrong. Looks like they can pay these people more after all.
Funny, I talked to a restaurant owner near my office today (damn good BBQ), and he was explaining how he's had to increase all his menu prices (c 20%) and can't even afford to do ribs due to the increased supply costs. The brisket was A+ though.

Funny, I talked to a restaurant owner near my office today (damn good BBQ), and he was explaining how he's had to increase all his menu prices (c 20%) and can't even afford to do ribs due to the increased supply costs. The brisket was A+ though.
Not saying everybody can, but far more than I originally believed could pay more.

VN Store

Back