Is Neal as fast as Todd Gurley

Uga blocked really well on that play.. Didnt see much difference in speed.

If only Hurd had the chance to run behind this line...oh how fun that would be to watch.

Neal is a tip toe style runner....gurley is a bruiser with explosive speed. In a foot race it'd be close, but in pads Gurley's on another level.

Reactions: 2 people
Neal is definitely faster, but Gurley is definitely the better RB. I really like Neal as a RB, but he's just not as good. While Gurley is great, I seriously doubt he's running under a 4.4.

Worst thing about that Ga video is watching Malcolm Mitchell end his season with a chest bump. No matter what team you pull for, that's a sad occurrence.

Reactions: 2 people
Neal is a tip toe style runner....gurley is a bruiser with explosive speed. In a foot race it'd be close, but in pads Gurley's on another level.

This. See his 1st run from Sat. Hit the hole nice, then at 6 yards makes a 90 degree turn. Don't think Gurley does that.

so it seems like everyone agrees neal is faster but a pansy and gurley is an animal.

Neal is a bit of an enigma. He was in the group of top 10 RBs out of high school and highly recruited. He switched late from MSU and signed with UT. He apparently has good/great speed based on his times. But in games, he seems to slow down. He's the only player I've ever seen whose "game speed" seems to be slower than other players of his caliber. In games, he seems to be a slower, less powerful Travis Henry. Frustrating. Where's the Travis Stephens, Jay Graham, Chuck Webb when we need him? Can you imagine what any of those dudes would do behind this line?

The lines we had back then were even better than what we have now.....on both sides of the ball

2pshykp.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Neal is definitely faster, but Gurley is definitely the better RB. I really like Neal as a RB, but he's just not as good. While Gurley is great, I seriously doubt he's running under a 4.4.

I'm pretty sure that it was Gurley that was a big time sprinter in track in HS. Dude is pretty fast.

Now, don't we all feel better hearing all the doubters of our RB. Bet all those recruits enjoy seeing all this support ---- for our opponent's players.

I have faith in Neal, Lane, and the others, and I have faith that we have the coaches to coach them up.

GBO!

Reactions: 3 people
To all potential recruits reading this thread...we were just kidding. Gurely isn't any good and Neal is the best RB in the country. Bc obviously the only way you're going to come here is if we don't acknowledge that another team has a good player and only talk up our players. Come to UT!

Last edited:
Now, don't we all feel better hearing all the doubters of our RB. Bet all those recruits enjoy seeing all this support ---- for our opponent's players.

I have faith in Neal, Lane, and the others, and I have faith that we have the coaches to coach them up.

GBO!

All the 5* recruits that I know have told me they consider a delusional fanbase one of their top priorities for a school. Gurley is a sleeper type player anyway. Hard to tell he's any good I'm sure.
So yeah I guess you're right. :)

Actually, I really like Neal. The kid has been an excellent rep for UT. Will have a big year in 13'.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Both are fast but it looks like Todd was shot out of cannon running past that safety.

I posted their times recorded by NFL scouts and you still have doubts.. Can we say morons! I'm starting to believe we have the dumbest fan base on the planet. Can you people not read?

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back