Is Pollack serious??

To be fair, Pollack was a strong proponent of the permanent cross-division rivalries. I thought he did a good job of shouting down the other talking heads who were trying to leave the indication there is such a thing as equal and fair rotating SEC schedules. As the voice of reason, the Sabanator, so eloquently stated, that would only happen if each team played the exact same schedule each year. Obviously not gonna happen.

Said he liked and looked forward to the LSU-Florida and Georgia-Auburn rivalry. I would assume that would include the Bama-Tenn get together as well? Pollack is therefore my pick for national media dude of the year.

Hmmm you lost me at national media dude of the year. But then again, you're a bama fan so you're not that bright to start off with.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
4 guys sitting at the table, 3 of them saying there's no reason UT can't get back to greatness in the coming years, Pollack saying they won't because "recruiting for UT isn't what it used to be"...............

Pollack is an idiot.

For once...I agree with you :thumbsup:

Enjoy being #1 while it last because it won't last. 5 SEC schools have a better average that UT, meaning, they have less commits, less points totally, but have higher ranked players committed. When they fill their class my bet is UT will be 5-6 in the SEC in recruiting, maybe a top 10 class but well down in the SEC.

Your mother drank while pregnant with you didn't she? :yes:

Reactions: 1 person
That's the dumbest thing I have heard. A bad year from either head coach and they could very easily be shown the door...

Anyone care to agree?

I'll disagree. Richt is the best thing to happen to UGA since Dooley in '80. He can recruit; he can motivate; he can develop talent; and he can coach. While some compare him to Fulmer towards the end of his prime, there is no comparison. Richt is a class act, and a good coach. Although he invariably earns mention on the "hot seat" conversations, and while Richt lacks the crystal football that Fulmer has...Richt wins consistently (if he also occasionally fails to live up to lofty expectations). And that, in a nutshell, was Fulmers' undoing.

The fact that UGA fans expect to compete for the SEC and national titles every year is a testament to what Richt has done at Georgia.

As for Spurrier, he could go 4-7; take a dump on the Governor's desk; and still have a job next year. This is USCe we're talking about here. There is "BS" (Before Spurrier), which is a mix of tragedy and comedy, and "DS" (During Spurrier), where the Cocks have actually stood up (pun intended) and made some noise in the SEC.

Neither one of them is in any danger at all of being ushered out the door. Regardless of what happens this year.

Go Vols.

I'll disagree. Richt is the best thing to happen to UGA since Dooley in '80. He can recruit; he can motivate; he can develop talent; and he can coach. While some compare him to Fulmer towards the end of his prime, there is no comparison. Richt is a class act, and a good coach. Although he invariably earns mention on the "hot seat" conversations, and while Richt lacks the crystal football that Fulmer has...Richt wins consistently (if he also occasionally fails to live up to lofty expectations). And that, in a nutshell, was Fulmers' undoing.

The fact that UGA fans expect to compete for the SEC and national titles every year is a testament to what Richt has done at Georgia.

As for Spurrier, he could go 4-7; take a dump on the Governor's desk; and still have a job next year. This is USCe we're talking about here. There is "BS" (Before Spurrier), which is a mix of tragedy and comedy, and "DS" (During Spurrier), where the Cocks have actually stood up (pun intended) and made some noise in the SEC.

Neither one of them is in any danger at all of being ushered out the door. Regardless of what happens this year.

Go Vols.
yes, those NC rings back up your claim.

yes, those NC rings back up your claim.

If you'd prefer a more equitable comparison, then let's look at Fulmer's record over his last 5 years, and compare it to Richt and Spurrier over that same time frame.

If Fulmer was still capable of matching the numbers that Richt and Spurrier have posted since Phil was deposed, don't you think some school...any school...somewhere...anywhere...would have thrown the checkbook at him to get him onboard?

Both Michigan and Nebraska finished the 1997 season undefeated, and laid claim to the last non-BCS national championship. Fulmer's year was 1998; one year later.

Tell me, where are all three of those coaches these days?

Go Vols.

VN Store

Back