Is Pollack serious??

What's your definition of "tank big time"?

Personally I don't see any way this team wins more than 5 or MAYBE 6 games this year. In your opinion are both of those results good enough to keep the class largely intact?
Wow, usually I am the one that is the pessimist. I think the Vols will upset at least one team this year. I have no idea who that will be. It's been so long since we have seen one. I also hope to see an improvement in execution and in clock management. DD was terrible at the latter.

Just realize that Pollack is from Georgia and played at Georgia. Therefore, He is like most Georgia fans who think they will be SEC and NCAA Champions every year and lose to Tennessee and/or two or three lower ranked SEC teams every year.

I think Pollack brings up some good points when the teams arent UT ,Florida and UGA. I think he hates UT the most.
To be fair its probably not that easy to lay down your allegiances. Some guys seem to do it better than others.
I did however like when Brock Huard looked at him right in the face and said UT had better stadium and facilities.

4 guys sitting at the table, 3 of them saying there's no reason UT can't get back to greatness in the coming years, Pollack saying they won't because "recruiting for UT isn't what it used to be"...............

Pollack is an idiot.
He's right in one regard. We've never been rated the No.1 class (on Rivals) this early in the year before. Shows how much he knows. FWIW, the talent level in Tennessee has raised dramatically in the past few years. We could do well just signing half our class of the top talent in the state.

isn't remotely close to what he said...
What isn't remotely close? Read again. The implication is, he said "Recruiting isn't what it used to be, at UT" and he's right. IT'S BETTER....not worse....than it used to be.

Last edited:
Our recruiting really hasn't been what it used to be over the past 3-5 years. Granted, we're doing awesome so far this year, but it remains to be seen if the class holds together once the losses start piling up during the season. In exactly the same way people pointed out that it was just July and there was a LONG time to go when Dooley was lagging behind in recruiting, the same is still true this year. Until, signing day comes and goes and we still have an elite class, we haven't accomplished anything.

Agreed it has been less than stellar for 6-7 years and looks great now but we will see February. Also we will have to do year in and out now every couple of years. We have to win on the field. We have a lot to prove to everyone . Minus the what 2007 sec championship game with us and LSU we haven't made any noise for what 13 years basically. Come on guys I love Vols but we have to prove it. People who bash us are right. Where they are wrong is saying we won't be back. Last time I said that it bit me in the butt........ Guess who Alabama in there slump before Saban.

Pollack is a big baby who mouthed off about UT before his senior season at UGA, then we went to Athens & kicked their butt! He needs to scratch his mad spot & get over it.

Enjoy being #1 while it last because it won't last. 5 SEC schools have a better average that UT, meaning, they have less commits, less points totally, but have higher ranked players committed. When they fill their class my bet is UT will be 5-6 in the SEC in recruiting, maybe a top 10 class but well down in the SEC.

1. You're a fool.
2. They have to maintain that average to beat us.
3. We are still out front on a lot of 4 stars.

Reactions: 2 people
I think Pollack brings up some good points when the teams arent UT ,Florida and UGA. I think he hates UT the most.
To be fair its probably not that easy to lay down your allegiances. Some guys seem to do it better than others.
I did however like when Brock Huard looked at him right in the face and said UT had better stadium and facilities.
That was priceless.

Pollack's words would have been a problem before the age of twitter. Recruits talk to each other and know what's up. He is an idiot.

Idiocy proven by the fact that the very day he comes out with his stupid statements that we can't compete because we won't be able to recruit in GA and FL, Cortez commits and the following day Raulerson commits. He is blinded by his own homerism, and the fact he sees us on the way to passing them by.

To be fair, Pollack was a strong proponent of the permanent cross-division rivalries. I thought he did a good job of shouting down the other talking heads who were trying to leave the indication there is such a thing as equal and fair rotating SEC schedules. As the voice of reason, the Sabanator, so eloquently stated, that would only happen if each team played the exact same schedule each year. Obviously not gonna happen.

Said he liked and looked forward to the LSU-Florida and Georgia-Auburn rivalry. I would assume that would include the Bama-Tenn get together as well? Pollack is therefore my pick for national media dude of the year.

Why would espn allow somebody that is such an obvious homer comment on rival programs? It's a clear conflict of interest. And those guys have the ability to influence prospects. It's just wrong! And especially the comment about tn had to stop losing to all their rivals by large margins. That was just a pointless shot at us. We led uf late in the third quarter last year. Against Uga and USC we have drives late in the fourth quarter with an opportunity to tie or take the lead. The only rival team that has dominated us of late is bama. And we play them late in the year with a team that has of late be physically and mentall decimated by that time. I know all this espn hates us talk for most of us is just a joke but...pollack (an obvious Uga homer) adds some real validity to the argument.

VN Store

Back