Is the NC State game on espn?

I’m absolutely done with Direct. I think I’m going to give YouTube TV a try. Like you, everyone I’ve heard from seems very happy with YouTube TV. I should have my butt kicked for not dropping Direct the very day I was able to get Fiber optic in my area. Thanks for the information, it’s much appreciated. 👍
Let me know if you have any questions as it took me forever to pull the chord. 😆.

Reactions: DirtyDawg
HD Antennas depend completely on how close you are to a broadcasting station. My parents live in the TN Valley and are 25 miles from Huntsville and 50 miles from Chattanooga and antennas don't work there. My dad even spent a bunch of money and climbed onto the roof with the antenna and nada.

It doesn't work for everyone.

It's like people have all forgotten about antennas and the ability to watch most major college and professional football games for free each week.

With runaway inflation, you would think more people would cutout all the unnecessary entertainment spending.
Unfortunately not everyone can pick up an OTA signal. You can check available channels here.

It's like people have all forgotten about antennas and the ability to watch most major college and professional football games for free each week.

With runaway inflation, you would think more people would cutout all the unnecessary entertainment spending.
Man, that would probably get me divorced.

ABC is still available on Direct TV so far. Still no ESPN. I haven’t decided between Hulu live or YouTube TV yet, but I’m absolutely done with Direct. Should have dropped them years ago!
YouTube TV is the bomb. You can do the multicast most Saturdays and watch 4 games at the same time. I wish I had switched years ago

HD Antennas depend completely on how close you are to a broadcasting station. My parents live in the TN Valley and are 25 miles from Huntsville and 50 miles from Chattanooga and antennas don't work there. My dad even spent a bunch of money and climbed onto the roof with the antenna and nada.

It doesn't work for everyone.
I live in one of those areas. You almost have to install a 30 ft pole to attach the antenna to get local affiliates. If you can do that here, you get can ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox from Huntsville, Nashville and Chattanooga. One great advantage is that you're not forced to watch Titans' games every week

What is your bill for broadband?

Depending on your cellphone provider you probably get service at an affordable price with them. We use Verizon LTE Home Internet, 5G not available in our area but it's $40 a month with a $10 discount because we have our phones with them. AT&T, T-Mobile have the same service. No data caps. We run a couple TVs, one connected wireless, couple tablets and desktop with no issues.

I live in one of those areas. You almost have to install a 30 ft pole to attach the antenna to get local affiliates. If you can do that here, you get can ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox from Huntsville, Nashville and Chattanooga. One great advantage is that you're not forced to watch Titans' games every week
I told my dad the same thing. He refuses to attach anything that tall to the house due to fears of lightning. He had lightning strike a tree nearby a couple months ago and fry his compressor. $4500 to replace it.

He has YTTV now anyway because he finally gave up on alternative methods.

I’m absolutely done with Direct. I think I’m going to give YouTube TV a try. Like you, everyone I’ve heard from seems very happy with YouTube TV. I should have my butt kicked for not dropping Direct the very day I was able to get Fiber optic in my area. Thanks for the information, it’s much appreciated. 👍
One of the things to also learn about YTTV is that you can customize the guide. I have all my locals at the top, then all my sports channels. So, when you go to the guide, all the channels you watch you have put on the top of the guide.

Although, to be honest, it learns your preferences and I usually see what I want to watch recommended on the home page.

I’ll never go back.

Let me know if you have any questions as it took me forever to pull the chord. 😆.
Same here. I’ve been with YTTV for six years. Was with PlayStation Vue before that (was the best for sports, but went out of business). I’ve learned a few tricks over the years and am a huge proponent for the streaming services.

Reactions: Cod and WillisWG
I’m pretty sure if you lose ESPN, you lose ABC as well from your provider.
This is one of the reasons I'm glad I have an OTA. Paying a provider to have access to free channels like ABC, NBC, CBS etc,. is just a plain waste of money.
If events organizers had any sense, they will bypass streamers like ESPN and the like. Then sell ticket-like viewing direct to fans, or fan coops, and put an end to contract wrangling.

Must be different, last year Disney pulled this crap on Spectrum and I still could watch ABC football games.
The ABC thing is only the local stations that they own in several big markets. Mostly out west. For the rest of the US we are ok. Have hated DTV for years but have been a customer since the 90s. No more after today.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Disney does in fact own ABC. Their may be something to do with a requirement to show local news/weather etc is why its still available. Went thru this same thing with Spectrum last yr. I'm thinking I also lost ABC for a short time.

ESPN appears to be in contract disputes with U-verse and possibly other providers. Can anyone help a brother out on viewing options for Saturday? If the game is on ABC then we’re good. If it’s to be broadcast on one of the ESPN channels then I need an alternate source. TIA
Yes the game is on abc.

Disney does in fact own ABC. Their may be something to do with a requirement to show local news/weather etc is why its still available. Went thru this same thing with Spectrum last yr. I'm thinking I also lost ABC for a short time.
Did a little more research on this: Looks like they don't own the stations outright but somehow has broadcasting rights:
-------------------------------------------
ABC-owned broadcast stations in eight cities — New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Houston, Raleigh-Durham and Fresno — were also dropped from DirecTV’s satellite service, while all ABC stations and affiliates were removed from DirecTV Stream and U-Verse. Disney negotiates carriage of ABC affiliates on Internet-based TV platforms like DirecTV Stream and U-Verse through an arrangement with the ABC affiliate board.

I would aslo do youtubetv, they give you a 21 day free trial and much cheaper than cable but you still get the same channels.

Reactions: VolDave53
I may be wrong but I read that with no agreement, the game will be blocked on ABC, even if it's on the schedule. Direct TV doesn't own the broadcast rights so they can't air what they don't own......again I may be mistaken.
I've had YouTube TV for about 7 years now and it's the best.

VN Store

Back