Is the NC State game on espn?

ABC...I cant stand any of the media companies nor MLB and pro sports price and availability gougers but, I'm a sports and news junkie with a bride who loves movies and home improvement shows so Xfinity or comcast gets my bucks.

HD Antennas depend completely on how close you are to a broadcasting station. My parents live in the TN Valley and are 25 miles from Huntsville and 50 miles from Chattanooga and antennas don't work there. My dad even spent a bunch of money and climbed onto the roof with the antenna and nada.

It doesn't work for everyone.
USTVnow

This is a site that allows watching of US broadcast networks and some other channels. Primarily for overseas use by military and other expats but may work domestically with a VPN

Reactions: MAD
ESPN appears to be in contract disputes with U-verse and possibly other providers. Can anyone help a brother out on viewing options for Saturday? If the game is on ABC then we’re good. If it’s to be broadcast on one of the ESPN channels then I need an alternate source. TIA

ATT Universe/ Direct TV is shaking down their customers. It can’t be beneficial to Disney to cut off viewers during college GameDay. They need to sell ads to make money.

Last edited:
I told my dad the same thing. He refuses to attach anything that tall to the house due to fears of lightning. He had lightning strike a tree nearby a couple months ago and fry his compressor. $4500 to replace it.

He has YTTV now anyway because he finally gave up on alternative methods.

Antennas should be grounded so that it actually works as a lightning rod, directing strikes away from things like your house or a tree. I would expect adding one would make his home safer.

I told my dad the same thing. He refuses to attach anything that tall to the house due to fears of lightning. He had lightning strike a tree nearby a couple months ago and fry his compressor. $4500 to replace it.

He has YTTV now anyway because he finally gave up on alternative methods.
There’s right ways and wrong ways to mount antennas and it’s definitely important to take precautions for lighting. Sounds like it’s a moot point now, but if he ever wanted to look into it again, I’d suggest reaching out to the local ham radio club. They’ll be familiar with all the safety standards and might even help install the tower just for fun.

There’s right ways and wrong ways to mount antennas and it’s definitely important to take precautions for lighting. Sounds like it’s a moot point now, but if he ever wanted to look into it again, I’d suggest reaching out to the local ham radio club. They’ll be familiar with all the safety standards and might even help install the tower just for fun.
Thanks! I will relay the message

Reactions: Col_Cathcart
ATT Universe/ Direct TV is shaking down their customers. It can’t be beneficial to Disney to cut off viewers during college GameDay. They need to sell ads to make money.
Direct Tv doesn't want to lose customers and service loss like this always leads to customer loss. I'm not saying they're innocent in the process, but I'd say Disney is majority at fault for why everyone is losing service. Not a coincidence this happens at the start of football season.

Why is it beneficial to Disney? Because they own ESPN and Hulu. Some of the people leaving Direct Tv will sign up for Disney/Hulu streaming. So they do benefit where Direct TV doesn't.

Was youtube shaking down their customers when Disney pulled ESPN off youtube tv a couple years ago? Was Dish shaking down their cutomers when Disney pulled ESPN off Dish network a couple years ago? Was Charter shaking down their customers when Disney pulled ESPN off Charter cable last year? What's the common link between all these service losses?

Last edited:
Reactions: adam.vol
Same here. I’ve been with YTTV for six years. Was with PlayStation Vue before that (was the best for sports, but went out of business). I’ve learned a few tricks over the years and am a huge proponent for the streaming services.
I had PlayStation Vue as well, really liked it. Would still be with them if they hadn't tanked.

Direct Tv doesn't want to lose customers and service loss like this always leads to customer loss. I'm not saying they're innocent in the process, but I'd say Disney is majority at fault for why everyone is losing service. Not a coincidence this happens at the start of football season.

Why is it beneficial to Disney? Because they own ESPN and Hulu. Some of the people leaving Direct Tv will sign up for Disney/Hulu streaming. So they do benefit where Direct TV doesn't.

Was youtube shaking down their customers when Disney pulled ESPN off youtube tv a couple years ago? Was Dish shaking down their cutomers when Disney pulled ESPN off Dish network a couple years ago? Was Charter shaking down their customers when Disney pulled ESPN off Charter cable last year? What's the common link between all these service losses?

I agree. There is one common denominator in all of said scenarios. I still think they all win regardless.

On the flip side, how many of the people did Direct TV gain during said disputes with other providers? It all evens out as long as their services are comparatively similar.

I had this problem. I used DirectTV for a long time. Their service has sucked. I just dumped them and got Sling TV. I am not going to be married to a provider moving forward.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
I agree. There is one common denominator in all of said scenarios. I still think they all win regardless.

On the flip side, how many of the people did Direct TV gain during said disputes with other providers? It all evens out as long as their services are comparatively similar.

I flat out told the customer serviec representative at Direct TV that their Procurement/Legal team was idiotic to not have a long-term agreement in place with ESPN to prevent this crap and to have the renewal period in the June-August phase. This is just horrible Procurement/Legal strategy by Direct TV. They lost me and hopefully other customers.

I do think it is more on Disney/ESPN as ESPN is losing money financially right now. This is why I am wondering if the SEC made a major mistake moving away from CBS (granted CBS was screwing them but they could have gone to Fox, NBC, etc. NBC is currently the most watch channel on TV so that could have been an option).

I flat out told the customer serviec representative at Direct TV that their Procurement/Legal team was idiotic to not have a long-term agreement in place with ESPN to prevent this crap and to have the renewal period in the June-August phase. This is just horrible Procurement/Legal strategy by Direct TV. They lost me and hopefully other customers.

I do think it is more on Disney/ESPN as ESPN is losing money financially right now. This is why I am wondering if the SEC made a major mistake moving away from CBS (granted CBS was screwing them but they could have gone to Fox, NBC, etc. NBC is currently the most watch channel on TV so that could have been an option).

I may have cheered inside my head to that long term contract point. Well said.

I wonder if we didn’t land with Fox because they are heavily committed to the NFL and couldn’t afford the SEC.

I can’t wrap my head around the SEC and B10 flip flopping between ABC and CBS when we’re getting paid almost the same amount. CBS went cheap on SEC, SEC jumped ship, CBS decided to pay the B10 what the SEC wanted out of spite? Not sure who flipped first - either way it’s the same concept.

My god, if we could have somehow interrupted the Notre Dame/ NBC deal, I’d have to ask someone to pinch me to make sure I wasn’t dreaming.

In a carriage dispute it's more disney. But they're all crooks. Best to just do whatever is most in your own self interest. That's definitely what they're going to do.

I'd doubt many people move from streaming to Direct Tv. They've lost roughly half their subscribers since 2015. 1+ million per year. Some due to service. Maybe some of those folks went to Dish or Comcast. But it's also the time when streaming exploded. Direct Tv subscribers has been in steady decline.

In a carriage dispute it's more disney. But they're all crooks. Best to just do whatever is most in your own self interest. That's definitely what they're going to do.
Yes, once Disney now owns all of ESPN they are using it as a bully stick against the cable and streaming services, because they can. Dropping these stations right at the beginning of FB season is well planned and successful negotiating tactic. Worked against Spectrum exactly this same time last yr.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Same here. I’ve been with YTTV for six years. Was with PlayStation Vue before that (was the best for sports, but went out of business). I’ve learned a few tricks over the years and am a huge proponent for the streaming services.

PlayStation Vue was nice, now with YTTV myself.

Reactions: FranklinVFL
I had PlayStation Vue as well, really liked it. Would still be with them if they hadn't tanked.

PlayStation Vue was nice, now with YTTV myself.
I had forgotten about Vue. I thought it was an awesome service, but they did a terrible job of naming and marketing it. Too bad it didn't last.

I'd doubt many people move from streaming to Direct Tv. They've lost roughly half their subscribers since 2015. 1+ million per year. Some due to service. Maybe some of those folks went to Dish or Comcast. But it's also the time when streaming exploded. Direct Tv subscribers has been in steady decline.

Broadband made it out to the rural areas and people were tired of being unable to watch tv when it was cloudy out (that was my experience for the first 20 years of my life). My parents still use Direct TV because it’s simpler to not have to learn a new interface.

I wonder how much cloud seeding has to do with poor reception from Satellite TV and internet. Water vapor can surely contribute to poor signal, but dump or spray Silver Iodide into said clouds and then nothing is getting through.

1725561749971.jpeg

I may have cheered inside my head to that long term contract point. Well said.

I wonder if we didn’t land with Fox because they are heavily committed to the NFL and couldn’t afford the SEC.

I can’t wrap my head around the SEC and B10 flip flopping between ABC and CBS when we’re getting paid almost the same amount. CBS went cheap on SEC, SEC jumped ship, CBS decided to pay the B10 what the SEC wanted out of spite? Not sure who flipped first - either way it’s the same concept.

My god, if we could have somehow interrupted the Notre Dame/ NBC deal, I’d have to ask someone to pinch me to make sure I wasn’t dreaming.

NBC could have taken on the SEC and still kept Notre Dame.

Broadband made it out to the rural areas and people were tired of being unable to watch tv when it was cloudy out (that was my experience for the first 20 years of my life). My parents still use Direct TV because it’s simpler to not have to learn a new interface.

I wonder how much cloud seeding has to do with poor reception from Satellite TV and internet. Water vapor can surely contribute to poor signal, but dump or spray Silver Iodide into said clouds and then nothing is getting through.

View attachment 673601
Maybe it depends on where you live, but satellite Direct Tv has been more reliable than broadband internet service for as long as I've had both (15 years). I only lose tv during a very heavy downpour. Usually no more than a couple of minutes a few times a year. Internet drops as it pleases. Sometimes it comes back quickly, sometimes not.

Never could keep my bill from climbing over $200 a month with Direc. Went internet and Hulu. Half the cost and don't miss a show or a game.
It amazes me when I see people still paying for cable. I have not given a dime to the DirectTV/Dish/Comcast is well over a decade (outside of internet with comcast but I ditched them), there are a few ways to get apps on Firestick that will get you every channel, every show on demand, every movie on demand even ones still in theaters for about $160 for a year. Beats the brakes off of YT TV as well the only thing is you can't DVR which I don't really miss anyways.

Reactions: Volfan1000

VN Store

Back