Is the NC State game on espn?

It amazes me when I see people still paying for cable. I have not given a dime to the DirectTV/Dish/Comcast is well over a decade (outside of internet with comcast but I ditched them), there are a few ways to get apps on Firestick that will get you every channel, every show on demand, every movie on demand even ones still in theaters for about $160 for a year. Beats the brakes off of YT TV as well the only thing is you can't DVR which I don't really miss anyways.
Does the jail broken fire stick ever get fried? I’m looking into having one

I had forgotten about Vue. I thought it was an awesome service, but they did a terrible job of naming and marketing it. Too bad it didn't last.
Exactly. Really was the best of the streaming services. Didn’t need a PlayStation to use it. Naming/marketing killed it.

Maybe it depends on where you live, but satellite Direct Tv has been more reliable than broadband internet service for as long as I've had both (15 years). I only lose tv during a very heavy downpour. Usually no more than a couple of minutes a few times a year. Internet drops as it pleases. Sometimes it comes back quickly, sometimes not.

If you get the opportunity, switch to fiber broadband. I had Comcast for years and it would get choked down during peak hours. Since I switched to ATT fiber, I’m always getting near what I pay for, which is 1Gb speed. I can’t remember it going down except when the power goes out.

Don't do SlingTV. They have a stupid rule about limiting to 1-streaming source. It says 4 in the plan but it is only 1 for the sports stations that matter.

Screw them.

I am going to try FuboTV or Hulu next month. This is a mess. I knew it would eventually get to be a problem with the way things were heading.

I’ve had DIRECTV for years. They lost me on this one. We just went to Hulu

Let me know how Hulu goes. I haven't been impressed with Sling (mostly due to not having local channels like Fox and NBC as well as limiting streaming sources). Sling does give me all the major channels but the 1 streaming source is a butt because I have gotten to were I watch a game on TV and have others up on my laptop.

Since I still had a month left of DirectTV, I have Michigan vs. Texas on TV with that and using Sling (one device) on my PC to watch Arkansas vs. Okie State right now.

It amazes me when I see people still paying for cable. I have not given a dime to the DirectTV/Dish/Comcast is well over a decade (outside of internet with comcast but I ditched them), there are a few ways to get apps on Firestick that will get you every channel, every show on demand, every movie on demand even ones still in theaters for about $160 for a year. Beats the brakes off of YT TV as well the only thing is you can't DVR which I don't really miss anyways.

I had DirectTV Stream which isn't technically Cable.

It is hard to find a solid service that gives you flexibility to all College Games now. Wasn't a problem just 2-3 years ago. DirectTV Stream was the best for a while but now that they can't get along with ESPN, it has become a problem.

Don't do SlingTV. They have a stupid rule about limiting to 1-streaming source. It says 4 in the plan but it is only 1 for the sports stations that matter.

Screw them.

I am going to try FuboTV or Hulu next month. This is a mess. I knew it would eventually get to be a problem with the way things were heading.
Huh, never ran into that. Looked it up and you get 1 sream of Orange and 3 for Blue. So you 100% correct.

It's never has been an issue for me. My parents use my Sling login to watch on the ESPN app. So there's a work around to get 2 screens. I guess I've never had a need for more than that.

Still, good to know.

Last edited:
Huh, never ran into that. Looked it up and you get 1 sream of Orange and 3 for Blue. So you 100% correct.

It's never has been for me. My parents use my Sling login to watch on the ESPN app. So there's a work around to get 2 screens. I guess I've never had a need for more than that.

Still, good to know.

Yeah, all the CFB games are in Orange. NFL is blue so it is a great deal for NFL fans as you get 4 streams/devices.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Yeah, all the CFB games are in Orange. NFL is blue so it is a great deal for NFL fans as you get 4 streams/devices.
Seems like a thing you don't care about, until you do. I wonder if the ESPN app has a streams limit. Maybe you could login to it from multiple devices with your Sling login?

Edit: Tried it and you can't. It actually kicked the 2nd stream off of the app after about 15 minutes. I guess Dad's VPN hides it somehow or they are using a different login than I thought? That is indeed annoying.

Last edited:
Let me know how Hulu goes. I haven't been impressed with Sling (mostly due to not having local channels like Fox and NBC as well as limiting streaming sources). Sling does give me all the major channels but the 1 streaming source is a butt because I have gotten to were I watch a game on TV and have others up on my laptop.

Since I still had a month left of DirectTV, I have Michigan vs. Texas on TV with that and using Sling (one device) on my PC to watch Arkansas vs. Okie State right now.
I’ve had the Hulu bundle (Hulu + Live TV, Disney + and ESPN +) for a couple years now. Switched from YouTube TV after they got in a contract fight with Disney during bowl season. Never had a problem getting any live college football game (or any live sporting event) being televised. What I like about Hulu Live TV is that you get to watch ESPN+ and SECN+ events in the live TV channel line-up. So that you don’t have to change apps to switch between a game on Fox/ABC/FS1/ESPN etc and ESPN+ or SECN+. Just one click of the remote. If you like Vol baseball ESPN+ or SECN+ airs every game live so I never miss a baseball game either. The only negative to Hulu+ Live TV (and also other streaming sources other than Direct TV) is no Ballly’s Sports channels so no Brave games. Other than that you also get unlimited DVR and can stream on multiple devices at the same time. Plus never have to worry about contract negotiations since Disney owns Hulu. It’s worth a free trial.

I have ATT. I haven’t lost ABC yet
That’s good, not everyone has been that lucky.

On Sunday, Sept. 1, DirecTV customers suddenly were unable to watch any of the programming on any of the ESPN channels, including ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and more.

Reactions: vol24/7/365
That’s good, not everyone has been that lucky.

On Sunday, Sept. 1, DirecTV customers suddenly were unable to watch any of the programming on any of the ESPN channels, including ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and more.
I have lost all ESPN channels though. We have camper at lake and come every weekend so not too much of a problem. We have dish here. But I am pissed! I am not fond of ATT. getting ready to cut cord!

Last edited:
Reactions: MAD
I had DirectTV Stream which isn't technically Cable.

It is hard to find a solid service that gives you flexibility to all College Games now. Wasn't a problem just 2-3 years ago. DirectTV Stream was the best for a while but now that they can't get along with ESPN, it has become a problem.
If you have a halfway decent internet stream it can all be had for a small price

VN Store

Back