Israel vs Palestinians

I wasnt referencing free speech. I am pointing out the false narrative that the terrorist org Hamas and the Gazans are treated as one by sympathizers of these protests. Reading posts in here about innocents and how the two should be considered seperate.
there is a lot of pointing out the splinter in the other person's eye while ignoring the log in our own in the PF.

Reactions: whodeycin85
You have a soft spot for elderly leftists?
I know perception is shaped by opinion so not all will agree. But there was no intentional shoving her to the ground by the cop.
I went all Oliver Stone - Zapruder film on that video watching it frame by frame. Cop's colleague stopped supporting her from behind as the other continue to push her with his upper body. Her feet got tangled and her right knee buckled.

I think a lot of are in agreement on free speech. What would separate some who are in agreement is this:
If you expressed that publicly (which you have the right to do) and someone followed through (which is against the law), would you be responsible or partially responsible for the actions of the attacker?
I think it depends on context.

For instance, if you are a leading organizer of a protest and you point to the media and yell to the mob ..."they aren't telling the true story......get them" then you are to some degree responsible for the violence you incited.

If you just say among a group of friends or colleagues in a casual setting......"I can't stand MTG, I wish someone would _________!" And a week later one of your friends or acquaintances attacked her, you bear no responsibility IMO.

I think a lot of this is common sense though.

Last edited:

For instance, if you are a leading organizer of a protest and you point to the media and yell to the mob ..."they aren't telling the true story......get them" then you are to some degree responsible for the violence you incited.

If you just say among a group of friends or colleagues in a casual setting......"I can't stand MTG, I wish someone would _________!" And a week later I've if your friends or acquaintances attacked her you bear no responsibility IMO.

Not a bad way to delineate.

Reactions: KB5252

If you just say among a group of friends or colleagues in a casual setting......"I can't stand MTG, I wish someone would _________!" And a week later I've if your friends or acquaintances attacked her you bear no responsibility IMO.

Common sense is in short supply these days.

Are you suggesting that if there was a student led revolution in Iran most of us would be on the side of the students? If so I do believe you are correct but that is in no way comparable to what happened or is happening in Israel.

I'm saying if the exact same events unfolded in Iran. I'm not saying some generic revolution, I'm saying they are protesting for divestment from an ally who has killed 30k innocents, etc.

I know perception is shaped by opinion so not all will agree. But there was no intentional shoving her to the ground by the cop.
I went all Oliver Stone - Zapruder film on that video watching it frame by frame. Cop's colleague stopped supporting her from behind as the other continue to push her with his upper body. Her feet got tangled and her right knee buckled.

I know. I'm just attempting to unearth the source of his outrage. I suspect it didn't have anything to do with her at all.

Reactions: McDad
I'm saying if the exact same events unfolded in Iran. I'm not saying some generic revolution, I'm saying they are protesting for divestment from an ally who has killed 30k innocents, etc.
What are they asking for divestment from? Israeli Universities was on their list. Why? Many of those students don't even support what is going on.

Should universities that have partnerships with Palestinian universities divest from those partnerships because of the actions of Hamas on Oct 7th?

If it's related to the war effort I get it, I understand why they would be asking for divestment. But this is something else......

VN Store

Back