Israel vs Palestinians

Literally everybody in here would be on the side of the students if these same exact events were happening in Iran.
So whether or not you agree with the reason for protest you should support the protest even if it violates law, ordinances or policy?

Edited to simplify the message.

Last edited:

I think this person needs to look up the literal definition of violence. Supposedly educated people can be amongst the dumbest people on earth sometimes.

Imagine being so locked in with your ideology you must ignore basic concepts to fit your framework of thought.

Literally everybody in here would be on the side of the students if these same exact events were happening in Iran.

Are you suggesting that if there was a student led revolution in Iran most of us would be on the side of the students? If so I do believe you are correct but that is in no way comparable to what happened or is happening in Israel.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I am sure he feels comfortable hearing Back to the Gas Chambers
But again, it doesn't matter if he is comfortable. It matters if people have a protected right to speak freely even if we don't like what they are saying. If a line is crossed and a threat is made, then that has migrated away from protected speech.

I thought we were supposed to separate Hamas from the innocents of Gaza? Why fly a Hamas flag?
And of course, we have heard the megaphone calls that the terrorist attack was justified and is actually celebrated.

But again, it doesn't matter if he is comfortable. It matters if people have a protected right to speak freely even if we don't like what they are saying. If a line is crossed and a threat is made, then that has migrated away from protected speech.
you missed my entire point..

I thought we were supposed to separate Hamas from the innocents of Gaza? Why fly a Hamas flag?
And of course, we have heard the megaphone calls that the terrorist attack was justified and is actually celebrated.

There is no crime in saying stupid things or displaying dumb symbols.

At least not yet.

That guy is a complete embarrassment, someone should rip those coveralls off the dude, it's an abomination.
embarrassment? yes. colleague-delivered comeuppance? Likely. Parental and university repercussions? Expected.

But a reminder that free speech, even detestable speech, is and should be protected.

I'm ok with protest and protected speech, once your protest turns violent and or you begin to infringe on the rights of others is when you get sideways IMO.

I may not agree with it, may even use my Rights to stay out against it but I would support your right to protest.

Reactions: McDad
I don't know why anyone who wants freedom, equality of opportunity, and self determination would fly a Hamas flag.

I'm ok with protest and protected speech, once your protest turns violent and or you begin to infringe on the rights of others is when you get sideways IMO.

I may not agree with it, may even use my Rights to stay out against it but I would support your right to protest.
Absolutely.

embarrassment? yes. colleague-delivered comeuppance? Likely. Parental and university repercussions? Expected.

But a reminder that free speech, even detestable speech, is and should be protected.
Exactly, and I can express that I may find gratification should someone rip the coveralls off that guy.......

Though they would be subject to battery and possibly others charges.

There is no crime in saying stupid things or displaying dumb symbols.

At least not yet.
I wasnt referencing free speech. I am pointing out the false narrative that the terrorist org Hamas and the Gazans are treated as one by sympathizers of these protests. Reading posts in here about innocents and how the two should be considered separate.

Sorry about that.

happy to give it another go if you wanna dumb it down for me.
my fault..I was being sarcastic..talking about the Jewish protester thinking Zionists are a greater threat than the very people he has sided with that says Jews need to go back to the gas chambers.

Exactly, and I can express that I may find gratification should someone rip the coveralls off that guy.......

Though they would be subject to battery and possibly others charges.
I think a lot of are in agreement on free speech. What would separate some who are in agreement is this:
If you expressed that publicly (which you have the right to do) and someone followed through (which is against the law), would you be responsible or partially responsible for the actions of the attacker?

Not sure if this applies to people here, but a lot of people have been referring to the flag of Palestine as a “Hamas flag” which is stupid, because there IS a Hamas flag
Correct, and at a couple of protests I have seen that it had been flown. That may be what they are referencing but I'm not sure.

VN Store

Back