Israel vs Palestinians

What are they asking for divestment from? Israeli Universities was on their list. Why? Many of those students don't even support what is going on.

Should universities that have partnerships with Palestinian universities divest from those partnerships because of the actions of Hamas on Oct 7th?

If it's related to the war effort I get it, I understand why they would be asking for divestment. But this is something else......
In an article about Columbia U protests, they were asking for the 13B endowment to be disinvested from Defense Industry / MIC and such. There is an independent group of university affiliated people who manages the endowment's investments. A school sanctioned group was established almost 20 years ago after a successful effort to dis-invest from...climate-harming companies (i think).

In an article about Columbia U protests, they were asking for the 13B endowment to be disinvested from Defense Industry / MIC and such. There is an independent group of university affiliated people who manages the endowment's investments. A school sanctioned group was established almost 20 years ago after a successful effort to dis-invest from...climate-harming companies (i think).
I think I read one of the demands was to end coop agreements with Israeli universities. Was this mentioned in the article you are referencing?

Reactions: McDad
Literally everybody in here would be on the side of the students if these same exact events were happening in Iran.
C'mon hufff. Now we are comparing some privileged kids at ivy League universities who literally have no skin in the game in Gaza conflict to people who have no choice living under the Iranian regime? I don't accept the analogy.

Damn… I was watching Capt America in the fancy overalls thinking it was him and didn’t see the other guy the first time I watched it. That guy is what I like to call an exponential idiot.
I can’t decide which is worse…. Just flat out calling her a N or what he did.
I bet his family is freaking ashamed.
They may say they are in public but I bet they're not.

What is the overwhelmingly important powerful message being conveyed by this now twice posted photo? An image twice posted, sans written word.

A brown girl being opposed by white, flag waving, Americans - on the other side of a barrier?

I assume she is symbolic of the oppressed?
The others in the background the oppressors?

Reactions: Vol8188
During the civil rights movement we saw peaceful protests just sitting calmly and not resisting being run over by police. We were horrified by those images and it brought change.
Today we have spoiled brats pitching fits making stupid demands and tearing things up being arrested and most people are thinking “what a bunch of dumbasses”
You have a selective memory. Or a selective reading of history.

I think I read one of the demands was to end coop agreements with Israeli universities. Was this mentioned in the article you are referencing?
I haven't seen that at all, much less enough for someone like you who "sees both sides" to dishonestly make it the entire focus of the discussion over and over and over and over

my fault..I was being sarcastic..talking about the Jewish protester thinking Zionists are a greater threat than the very people he has sided with that says Jews need to go back to the gas chambers.
I don't think he'd ever side with anyone who said that. By the way how many people have said that among all the thousands at all the protests?

I haven't seen that at all, much less enough for someone like you who "sees both sides" to dishonestly make it the entire focus of the discussion over and over and over and over
I've asked about it several times because I've seen it mentioned..... Not sure where, I Believe coverage on CNN.

I'm asking because I want to know if it's true or not. As I've stated elsewhere, if they simply want to divest from Israeli MIC I get that.

But as we both know what you see from randos on Twitter and even news orgs isn't always correct. If what I've heard is wrong then it's wrong.

I don't think he'd ever side with anyone who said that. By the way how many people have said that among all the thousands at all the protests?
Don't think I've even seen one video, only a person claiming it happened, much like the woman who was "beaten unconscious" and this lady
“They’re not letting me move”

Reactions: EasternVol
And I refuse to live like a "you're either with us or against us" loon. There's always the middle ground and the truth usually lies there.

Reactions: Vol since 77
What is the overwhelming powerful message being conveyed by this now twice posted photo? An image twice posted, sans written word.

A brown girl being opposed by white, flag waving, Americans - on the other side of a barrier?

I assume she is symbolic of the oppressed?
The others in the background the oppressors?
It's just a bunch of redneck frat boys doing groupthink, and an object of their scorn. Maybe someone's intention is to bring to mind events of not so long ago involving similar agitated crowds.

Reactions: NashVol11
I've asked about it several times because I've seen it mentioned..... Not sure where, I Believe coverage on CNN.

I'm asking because I want to know if it's true or not. As I've stated elsewhere, if they simply want to divest from Israeli MIC I get that.

But as we both know what you see from randos on Twitter and even news orgs isn't always correct. If what I've heard is wrong then it's wrong.
Here

Student governments at some colleges in recent weeks have passed resolutions calling for an end to investments and academic partnerships with Israel. Such bills were passed by student bodies at Columbia, Harvard Law, Rutgers and American University.

I am 80% sure it was not. I have seen that reported other places though.

It's just a bunch of redneck frat boys doing groupthink, and an object of their scorn. Maybe someone's intention is to bring to mind events of not so long ago involving similar agitated crowds.
I guess.

I assumed it was likely supposed to evoke feelings of days past.

I guess the American flag is the new Confederate flag. Progress.

I saw it once or twice. Perhaps it was speculation of someone being interviewed rather than an actual demand.
I didn't make much sense to me.

I guess.

I assumed it was likely supposed to evoke feelings of days past.

I guess the American flag is the new Confederate flag. Progress.
You apparently seeing nothing in the background except the American flag is right in line with you pretending not to see any violence from police or Zionists at UCLA

Reactions: EasternVol

VN Store

Back