It's going to be a great season & here is why...2nd Year Thread

Reformed Reader

Last year I posted this thread and it was stickied, but we did not live up to the hype. It is a new year and I have renewed hope. Here is why:

1) We had 99 problems last season, but Butch wasn't one

2) Mt McCullers is back

3) I am pulling my Three Wolves Moon shirt out of the closet. Please read the comments if you never have. HYSTERICAL!! Amazon.com: The Mountain Three Wolf Moon Short Sleeve Tee: Clothing

4) A return to the 4-3

5) The best Oline in the NCAA

6) We are 4 deep with some stud young QBs

Please add any additional points which may contribute to our success. I'll hang up and listen to your comments.

Reactions: 4 people
Very rough schedule this year. Going to tough. Hope we don't have to refer to this thread next year in the same manner.

Reactions: 1 person
Last year I posted this thread and it was stickied, but we did not live up to the hype. It is a new year and I have renewed hope. Here is why:

2) Mt McCullers is back

3) I am pulling my Three Wolves Moon shirt out of the closet. Please read the comments if you never have. HYSTERICAL!! Amazon.com: The Mountain Three Wolf Moon Short Sleeve Tee: Clothing

4) A return to the 4-3

Please add any additional points which may contribute to our success. I'll hang up and listen to your comments.

Plus we have the best fan base in the country....so let's start kicking a$$ and take names later!!! GBO

2) Mt McCullers is back

4) A return to the 4-3

1. I never heard that joke before...
2. Yes, I can't wait to see him play this year.
3. no comment
4. I prefer the 4-3 so glad to see it back
5. Can't argue with this
6. Inexperience at QB and completely new coaching staff does not equal a very big season no matter if you have 4 talented QB's or not. 3 have never played in a SEC game before. I don't believe Worley is the answer at QB, but hopefully I'll be surprised. Otherwise, it's going to take the other QB's a year to get use to SEC play.

I'll be happy to get to 6-7 wins.

I get so tired of people talking about how hard the schedule is, if we beat Oregon, or Florida.. We have a good chance to beat anybody on the schedule..

Reactions: 10 people
Did you think A&M was gonna be a game last year? What about Ul-Monroe, Utar, or the 09 Vols(we lost but barely)?

Blow tide

So not sarcasm...

"If we win one of the hardest games on our schedule, we have a good shot at winning the others." Seems kind of obvious, doesn't it? How does that somehow translate to your schedule not being as hard as everyone is making it out to be?

I get so tired of people talking about how hard the schedule is, if we beat Oregon, or Florida.. We have a good chance to beat anybody on the schedule..

There's always a chance; it's the realistic nature of the question that doesn't get past the orange goggles.

So not sarcasm...

"If we win one of the hardest games on our schedule, we have a good shot at winning the others." Seems kind of obvious, doesn't it? How does that somehow translate to your schedule not being as hard as everyone is making it out to be?

It looks like a tough schedule. But say we go to eugene and beat Oregon, you don't think if beat them we can't beat fl,ga,USCe?

It looks like a tough schedule. But say we go to eugene and beat Oregon, you don't think if beat them we can't beat fl,ga,USCe?

I totally agree with you. But that is a huge "if". And the reason it's a huge "if" is because UT has a very difficult schedule. Oregon in a 3 TD+ favorite for a reason. But if UT were to pull it off, it wouldn't mean the schedule isn't tough, it would mean that UT is a much better team than most are anticipating at the moment.

Reactions: 6 people
My definition of "great season" has changed drastically over the past few years. Dooley left Butch with so little talent that if we win 6 games this year Jones will have more or less worked a miracle.

Reactions: 5 people
Our offense will be years behind what we've been used to the past few - new QB & new receivers everywhere. Start to adjust your expectations people, ha

D should be marginally better b/c of scheme & experience.

Based on schedule alone, I'm expecting 6 wins, hopefully 7 ... but 5-7 would not surprise me nor should it anyone else

Our offense will be years behind what we've been used to the past few - new QB & new receivers everywhere. Start to adjust your expectations people, ha

D should be marginally better b/c of scheme & experience.

Based on schedule alone, I'm expecting 6 wins, hopefully 7 ... but 5-7 would not surprise me nor should it anyone else

I am expecting 6 as well. I am hopeful that Butch will get a suprise win that will revive the fanbase.

I am hopeful that this will be a good year. We have so many question marks on both sides of the ball. If cbj can pull out 8 wins I would be thrilled. Cautiously optimistic!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Marlin Lane could be the diference between a bad year and a good one. Also, I was impressed with Alden Hill @ the O/W game. He'll be a helluva 3rd down back.

2) Mt McCullers is back

4) A return to the 4-3

7) Dooley is gone

8) Sunseri is gone

Reactions: 7 people
Marlin Lane could be the diference between a bad year and a good one. Also, I was impressed with Alden Hill @ the O/W game. He'll be a helluva 3rd down back.

The thing I am nervous about is how consistently these young guys can run routes. It would've been nice to have BRay stay an extra season so that we wouldnt have to worry about immaturity at both positions.

The thing I am nervous about is how consistently these young guys can run routes. It would've been nice to have BRay stay an extra season so that we wouldnt have to worry about immaturity at both positions.

Hill hasn't shown any signs of immaturity(that I've heard of)..
Good thing about Neal, he's been a leader(I guess)
Bad thing about Neal.. He's not a break away back like Lane.. Pick your poison I guess.

Looking at the schedule this year, I believe the Vols will be 3-3 after six games, and 4-2 the last half of the season. The reason I believe that is, after six games, tha QB question should be settled, the receivers should have their routes figured out, and freshmen shouldn't be playing like freshmen at that point in the season. That would be a good season and a bowl win would be a super season.

VN Store

Back