I've hesitated to post this thread, but someone has to speak out.

So it might as well be me.

The Oklahoma house just passed a bill banning all abortions regardless of the cause of the pregnancy. It's a clone of the Texas law. If their Senate also passes the bill and the governor signs it into law, which I expect they will do, it will be a sad day.

I see this act as an affront to every woman that is, has been, or supports the Lady Vols in any sport. At this point, I would hope the NCAA will act to relocate the Women's College World Series out of Oklahoma. To hold it in Oklahoma City would be beyond ridiculous.

I hope you will join me and many other supporters of women athletes to let our voices be heard.

Finally, I didn't post this topic to launch a discussion of abortion. If you have a different point of view that's fine. Just be aware I will not debate the abortion topic or respond to argumentative posts.

Kentucky Legislature Overrides Democrat Governor’s Veto, Passes 15-Week Abortion Ban

abortion-640x480.png

Kentucky Legislature Overrides Veto, Passes 15-Week Abortion Ban

A 1 in 447,000,000 chance leaves “no” doubt?
In practice, to a jury, yes. Then there's the question of test accuracy. Reasonable doubt is effectively no doubt. Bigfoot framing the defendant is unreasonable doubt. And then, why go to such lengths to be able to legally kill people?

Reactions: hog88
In practice, to a jury, yes. Then there's the question of test accuracy. Reasonable doubt is effectively no doubt. Bigfoot framing the defendant is unreasonable doubt. And then, why go to such lengths to be able to legally kill people?
A jury is charged with deciding if guilt has been proved beyond a reasonable doubt, not no doubt.

I'm truly saying I don't understand, and I don't. How can people say "we gotta protect the turtle eggs", and not care about an unborn child, so much as to say it's not even a life with a heartbeat. Not to mention, late term abortions. You are welcome to your opinion, I just will never understand that thought process.

Sea turtles are protected because the species is endangered not because people are worried that the turtle might not get to live a happy, healthy life.

This is a bizzare equivocation.

It’s not about narrative. It’s about scientific reality. Zygotes inside a woman’s uterus only become zygotes if they are human.

Bacteria inside your body or on your body is a separate life form than you. Location is not relevant.

A zygote inside of a woman’s body is human, alive, and a separate life than that of the mother.

Your willful ignorance of biology does not change that.

Are zygotes sentient?

It doesn't.
But outlawing abortion certainly takes away the right to liberty and the pursuit of happiness from millions of women.
No it doesn't. The woman and man consented to the pregnancy by doing the one thing that caused it.. having sex.

It doesn't.
But outlawing abortion certainly takes away the right to liberty and the pursuit of happiness from millions of women.

That's also true. Statistically, approximately half of aborted humans are female.

Although abortion based upon gender selection is pretty popular among some populations, so the females being deprived of rights is even higher there.

If the State outlawed abortion tomorrow, could I still get one?

Legally? Are you talking about the state in which you reside or the federal government? If the former, you could travel to a state permitting abortion unless your residency state prohibits that, too.

If illegally, it's a moot question. You can literally commit any imaginable illegal act of which you are capable.

1 in a million is still to big of a risk for an innocent person to face the ultimate penalty. And let's face facts, if the state wants to convict you you are getting convicted unless you are wealthy enough do your own testing and hire experts.
I don’t believe in the death penalty. The only “justified” killing is self defense of self or others

Legally? Are you talking about the state in which you reside or the federal government? If the former, you could travel to a state permitting abortion unless your residency state prohibits that, too.

If illegally, it's a moot question. You can literally commit any imaginable illegal act of which you are capable.
Pretty sure you completely missed his point.

Reactions: 85SugarVol
That's also true. Statistically, approximately half of aborted humans are female.

Although abortion based upon gender selection is pretty popular among some populations, so the females being deprived of rights is even higher there.
So it's a question of whose rights you wish to take....a woman's or a zygotes.
Pretty easy answer for most.

VN Store

Back