Jalen Hurd will be......

If this is true we will be in Atlanta for 2014 SEC Championship game.

If he is a TE by soph year, we will still be a 500 at best team.............

If this is true we will be in Atlanta for 2014 SEC Championship game.

If he is a TE by soph year, we will still be a 500 at best team.............

Why? If we're running the ball well enough (whoever it is that getting the carries) and Hurd is tuning into the best TE in the league we should be doing well.

The problem is it's all utter speculation at this point regardless of in what direction you're going.

Can you imagine him running behind our current OL? That would be a real treat and would've given a QB time to grow into the role.

I'm not certain he will even by at UT in 2014. Time will tell. Lots of recruiting time and MONEY out there to be used up before February 2014 NSD.

I cant help it, but I think of him like Dustin Greene (without the off the field issues) .. he was an awesome RB in high school, but by the time he hit UT campus he was 6 3 or 4 (iirc) and they moved him to TE. I really think JH is gonna put on at least a couple inches and outgrow RB.

I'm not certain he will even by at UT in 2014. Time will tell. Lots of recruiting time and MONEY out there to be used up before February 2014 NSD.

As hard as this staff is working to get these commits, I am certain they are going to work just as hard to keep them by making them feel like they are already part of the family and team. I am sure there is still constant communication, encouragement, and even the beginning of instruction on how to get theirself ready for when they get here. I bet we don't lose a single one to another school after they verbally commit here.

This staff is definately getting better recruits earlier than the prior coaching sraff. If I were to believe that all the early recruits would end up here, I would give the staff an A+ right now.

Problem is that there are a lot of things that can happen between now and Feb 2014. And every year we always lose one or two of the "locks" that were committed to UT but instead went elsewhere. D. Santos/O. Peters/G. Wright to name a few.........

This staff is definately getting better recruits earlier than the prior coaching sraff. If I were to believe that all the early recruits would end up here, I would give the staff an A+ right now.

Problem is that there are a lot of things that can happen between now and Feb 2014. And every year we always lose one or two of the "locks" that were committed to UT but instead went elsewhere. D. Santos/O. Peters/G. Wright to name a few.........

Plus if our record has only 5 wins we will lose many of our top recruits..lmo

Those kids were never Tennessee fans. Jalen has dreamed of playing for UT as a kid. Big difference.

Can you imagine him running behind our current OL? That would be a real treat and would've given a QB time to grow into the role.

Nope, can't imagine it. Kid fresh out of high school. Get popped once by some jumbo sized SEC lineman and may not want to get off the ground let alone return to the game. But give him a year in S&C and he will run around, through, and over people. I think he's destined for great things but he isn't Hershel Walker or Bo Jackson, those guys were built like Panzer tanks before stepping foot on campus. Jalen is more like a lightly armored personnel carrier. He's 17 and hasn't yet had his cranial eggs scrambled by some steer sized SEC lineman.

Last edited:
Nope, can't imagine it. Kid fresh out of high school. Get popped once by some jumbo sized SEC lineman and may not want to get off the ground let alone return to the game. But give him a year in S&C and he will run around, through, and over people. I think he's destined for great things but he isn't Hershel Walker or Bo Jackson, those guys were built like Panzer tanks before stepping foot on campus. Jalen is more like a lightly armored personnel carrier. He's 17 and hasn't yet had his cranial eggs scrambled by some steer sized SEC lineman.

Buzzkill

VN Store

Back