Jameis Winston saga (merged)

Hence my use of the word "should".

:thumbsup:

I still think there should be some burden of evidence before someone is thrown off campus.

Like what's up with this ***** who withdrew charges against Treon Harris? He either assaulted her or he didn't. It's not like she can just change her mind. They should press charges against her for filing a false police report and he should sue for defamation.

Winston just got linked to the same memorabilia guy that got Todd Gurley in trouble.

The NYT article today was pretty damning. Dare I say, we're about to see something big happen

If a man sexually assaults a female, his manhood should be cut off, force fed to him, and then shoot him. I don't care if he's a football star at FSU, UT, etc. To cover up such a crime should come with jail time if that's what happened. I remember seeing on the news the lead detective told the you woman, "this is a football town, and we'll both get crucified if you purse this". How could this be all over the news and there be people at FSU who didn't know the whole story? Cover up, period.

I've had a personal experience where an individual in my family was raped by an athlete. To the dismay of her loved ones, she did not press charges out of fear. Not just fear of the rapist, but fear of the public, her classmates, and the spotlight of the media. What happens in many cases where the victim and the rapist are acquaintances, the victim has made poor, perhaps embarassing, choices that have put her in that compromising situation, but that in no way changes the fact that "No!" was said. Rape is rape. No means no.

Reactions: 2 people
I've had a personal experience where an individual in my family was raped by an athlete. To the dismay of her loved ones, she did not press charges out of fear. Not just fear of the rapist, but fear of the public, her classmates, and the spotlight of the media. What happens in many cases where the victim and the rapist are acquaintances, the victim has made poor, perhaps embarassing, choices that have put her in that compromising situation, but that in no way changes the fact that "No!" was said. Rape is rape. No means no.

I think that's what happened here. Harris' lawyer basically let her know that if she pressed forward he was going to have plenty to work with.

Reactions: 1 person
"We hope so," Antonor Winston said. "Not only him. I think it should show the university and us, I think we probably kind of dropped the ball on that a little bit."

Yeah, somebody dropped the ball somewhere. Weird.

Reactions: 3 people
old news - this was before the pellet gun incident and the cafeteria incident.

if anything, his dad was 100% correct

Atleast he can admit his son messes up a lot. The question is why is he trying so hard to protect him, when he didn't in the pass. Is it because he knows his son is a future meal ticket?

Reactions: 1 person
Most (almost 100%) parents whose sons play sports want their kid to get special consideration. Because every one of them is the best pitcher/shortstop/quarterback/point guard/leadoff hitter/safety on this team.

Jimbo Fisher defends Jameis Winston, says 'there was no crime' - Orlando Sentinel

Its amazing to me that he still doesn't get it. Massive denial about what the real story is -- this is no longer about the fact of a crime or non-crime on thaty specif day.

It is now about the utter lack of integrity that the university showed in actively interfering with the investigation that is the real news here.

He is not coming to grips with the fact that people have long suspected that most universities with big time football program do things to protect the players, and this time FSU has been caught in repeated acts of doing that with very serious allegations over what became their marquise player.

That's the news.

Reactions: 3 people
Jimbo Fisher defends Jameis Winston, says 'there was no crime' - Orlando Sentinel

Its amazing to me that he still doesn't get it. Massive denial about what the real story is -- this is no longer about the fact of a crime or non-crime on thaty specif day.

It is now about the utter lack of integrity that the university showed in actively interfering with the investigation that is the real news here.

He is not coming to grips with the fact that people have long suspected that most universities with big time football program do things to protect the players, and this time FSU has been caught in repeated acts of doing that with very serious allegations over what became their marquise player.

That's the news.

This.

Just think of what they would uncover in Gainesville during Meyer time.

Scary to just think about.

SN the two fsu players who were present during the alleged rape had their Student Review hearing and were giving a pass by committee. Only Casher received probation. I don't expect anything but probation for Winston ad well.

Title IX may impose some sanctions but nothing will come from these Student Conduct Reviews.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back