Jancek Announces Back Seven

We better be more concerned if Jancek and Martinez can coach in this league. Their history says no but we shall see.

I understand its the Big Easy but Jancek had the best defense per turnover and points in the Big Easy. I've said this before on here but you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you think we are going to punish people like Bama and LSU do on defense. Our defense will be fast and aggressive. We will blitz and man cover a ton. We will give up big plays, a lot at first especially with Sutton starting, and we will cause sacks and turnovers. The key to success for Jancek's defense is redone defense. If we can be a good redone defensive team then we will have lots of success. In regards to Martinez he's the best DB coach we have had in many years. I'd also say Thig is one of the better LB coaches we have had for many years outside Lance Thompson and Chavis. Stripling may be technique wise the best Dline coach we have had here in a decade.

Reactions: 3 people
Moore runs like an 80 year old white man coming off hip replacement surgery. Good hands though.

How can you say crap like this about your own teams players? I don't care how far down the depth chart a player is, if he's donning orange he's got my full support.

Reactions: 12 people
No "final verdict" this early. Easing him along slowly, most likely. We can do without him for APSU.

Curt needs to be redshirted or moved to the LEO DE position.He'd be a beast at LEO on passing downs and it'd save his body from playing every single down.

I understand its the Big Easy but Jancek had the best defense per turnover and points in the Big Easy. I've said this before on here but you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you think we are going to punish people like Bama and LSU do on defense. Our defense will be fast and aggressive. We will blitz and man cover a ton. We will give up big plays, a lot at first especially with Sutton starting, and we will cause sacks and turnovers. The key to success for Jancek's defense is redone defense. If we can be a good redone defensive team then we will have lots of success. In regards to Martinez he's the best DB coach we have had in many years. I'd also say Thig is one of the better LB coaches we have had for many years outside Lance Thompson and Chavis. Stripling may be technique wise the best Dline coach we have had here in a decade.
I hope he's done a lot of re doing this offseason

How can you say crap like this about your own teams players? I don't care how far down the depth chart a player is, if he's donning orange he's got my full support.

It's the truth, get over it. Go back and watch the Florida game and get back with me.

The truth is that our defense will likely be mediocre this year. Better than last year (thank goodness!) but still not great. We just don't have the horses yet to have a great defense.

BMoore deserves our complete and total respect. The guy works his butt off, has been in position to make some great plays (pick 6 against Georgia when they were running down our throats), never complains, recruits like Rodney Garner, but is a step slow.

He gives his all for Tennessee and I think he will be a great contributor off the bench this year.

Reactions: 5 people
I hope he's done a lot of re doing this offseason

The 3-4 is the best defense on this planet when you have the coaches and players to run it. Sunseri was thrown into a situation with three quality LBs on our roster and a team full of assistant coaches who knew nothing about running a complicated 3-4 scheme. You add in that Sunseri can't communicate worth poo and Dooley is an incompetent coach and we were doomed.

It's the truth, get over it. Go back and watch the Florida game and get back with me.

Still doesn't justify blasting a players speed on your team. Top end speed isn't even very important to the safety position, angles, physicality, and play recognition are all more important.

BMoores a heck of a player whether he has 4.3 speed or not, he made a ton of plays for us last year. The least you could do is support him and keep the negativity to yourself, some Vol fans on this board don't wanna see it.

Reactions: 10 people
Martinez and Jancek were fired so MR could save his job. That offense was the problem that year...

Maybe. Think they had the 7th best defense in '09 but the years before they were not good at all. More to the point, Willie's been fired 3 times since '09. The defense is the one area I am truly concerned about moving forward.

BTW, Jancek has never been an aggressive play caller. Bend but don't break mentality.

McNeil will start but Moore will play just as much. Also, would not be surprised if Moore is starting over McNeil by midseason.

Maybe. Think they had the 7th best defense in '09 but the years before they were not good at all. More to the point, Willie's been fired 3 times since '09. The defense is the one area I am truly concerned about moving forward.

BTW, Jancek has never been an aggressive play caller. Bend but don't break mentality.

They averaged a little over 1 forced fumble, 2.31 sacks, and one interception per game last year. They also had the 14th best scoring defense in the country last year while TN had the 107th best. In 2011 they averaged the highest tackles for a loss in college football with 8.62 per game, 1.23 interceptions per game, and the second highest sacks per game average with 3.54. I'd say Jancek is pretty damn aggressive man.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Moore runs like an 80 year old white man coming off hip replacement surgery. Good hands though.

I'm
pretty sure he could dust your azz in a forty yard dash...Un-called for. Guy had 5 picks last year and 2 to the house. He may not be a true burner, but your disrespect is out of line.

Reactions: 11 people

Yeah because Sal putting them in bad position had nothing to do with it. B Moore's establishment of a early relationship with Vic and TKJ is s major part of what got this recruiting magic started. If you can't get behind him then you aren't paying attention.

Reactions: 1 person
Worried about our LB's. Sapp, imo, isn't starting material, absolute great back up material, but I'm sure he'll prove me wrong because he was a good back up. Brewer was never recruited or coached as a LB, until late last year at the earliest, so that worries me some. The only true LB we have is AJ. I'm hoping Maggitt comes back to the level he was, in which I'm sure he will because he is a heck of a player. They're addressing these LB needs in this years class though you can tell.

Worried about our LB's. Sapp, imo, isn't starting material, absolute great back up material, but I'm sure he'll prove me wrong because he was a good back up. Brewer was never recruited or coached as a LB, until late last year at the earliest, so that worries me some. The only true LB we have is AJ. I'm hoping Maggitt comes back to the level he was, in which I'm sure he will because he is a heck of a player. They're addressing these LB needs in this years class though you can tell.

I'm worried about our secondary. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on Curt.

Sapp will be fine. Brent brewer wasn't recruited as a LB bc that was like 7 yrs ago and he didn't weigh 220+. He's better suited at LB anyway. Fast LB is better than a slow safety as Chavis used to say.

Last edited:
I didn't realiize he had eligibility left..sign him Coach!
gandalf_fantasy_football_cover_by_senaro-d4hr2lp.jpg

For some reason, I never imagined he would be the person to Pass.

VN Store

Back