Jancek Announces Back Seven

There are some pretty good LBs that started out as Safeties.

I'll withhold my judgement until the product on the field is really shown.

I'm
pretty sure he could dust your azz in a forty yard dash...Un-called for. Guy had 5 picks last year and 2 to the house. He may not be a true burner, but your disrespect is out of line.

Don't sweat it bro, his avi says everything I need to know about him.

Still doesn't justify blasting a players speed on your team. Top end speed isn't even very important to the safety position, angles, physicality, and play recognition are all more important.

BMoores a heck of a player whether he has 4.3 speed or not, he made a ton of plays for us last year. The least you could do is support him and keep the negativity to yourself, some Vol fans on this board don't wanna see it.

I'm right there with you. I don't see the need to insult Byron Moore. The man recruits and sells TN like it was his dream school. He was a transfer that made a terrible defense actually make some plays. The guy was one of the few bright spots on last year's defense. I think he is more of a playmaker than he is given credit for. He may not be the fastest. I haven't noticed his lack of speed. But he is one of those players that just seem to play their assignment very well. So well, he just seems to be in the right place to make some VERY NEEDED INT's.

Reactions: 1 person
You guys are really getting upset about some guy saying Moore was slow. He said he had good hands. It is not like he said he hated him. He also did not say he did not root for him. He is just not as fast as most secondary players. The guy is all Vol, but that does not make him a starter. He will play a lot and I bet him has some picks, but he is slow for that position.

I distinctly remember the thread about the article from espn on their ranking of sec safeties and where they ranked Moore.

I remember believing the ranking was absurd.

I was blasted for it.

Now, apparently, he isn't even starting.

Interesting

Why don't you give it a rest. We know what happened. But some of you fail to acknowledge that the football program was in much better shape when Dooley left than it was when he arrived.

Dooley left the program with the starting QB deciding to declare early, 2 of the 3 best receivers decaring early and the other being a senior. Dolley left the program with nothing but never stepped up running backs and a secondary that could struggle against Hampton Roads, VA high schools. Dooley left special teams in need of a reliable kicker, punter and return man. Dooley left the depth cupboard bare. How did he leave it better? Because those that are still there know how to shower?

youre-behaving-like-more-of-a-jerk-than-usual.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
Why don't you give it a rest. We know what happened. But some of you fail to acknowledge that the football program was in much better shape when Dooley left than it was when he arrived.

Glad to see you're still keeping in touch Barbara!

I like Moore...He seems like a good dude, and I feel he really has helped our recruiting...But if someone is better suited for the start, let them start.

I distinctly remember the thread about the article from espn on their ranking of sec safeties and where they ranked Moore.

I remember believing the ranking was absurd.

I was blasted for it.

Now, apparently, he isn't even starting.

Interesting

I distinctively remember a site called GatorNation or Swampturds or something close to that. Maybe you should go find it...

J/k, but what are you looking for here? No one in their right mind is going to give a gator any validation.

Quit living in the past:)

With the first 2 games against A Peanuts and WKY, no reason to risk Maggitt till Oregon. Seems to be the way the coaches are looking at it. JMO

"Fans" blast old players and current players all the time on here, as recently as Hunter, Bray, plus much more (you know, the best offense in our history, statistically speaking); now y'all are all torn up and want to defend Moore?

I love every player that has ever played for Tennessee, but one could argue Moore single handily lost us two games last year ... although I know he also made plenty of good plays for us too.

VN Store

Back