Jancek Announces Back Seven

No problem with Moore, but I think the folks wanting Moore over McNeil don't realize how special McNeil is.

And, I'm with all of the "disappointed Maggitt isn't ready" crowd.

Reactions: 1 person
youre-behaving-like-more-of-a-jerk-than-usual.jpg

It doesn't matter. You're their best seller!!! Ohh. Haha

Reactions: 3 people
For what it's worth, a 90 year-old male who is on maintenance at the physical therapy clinic I work for, could give anyone on these boards a run for their money as far as physical fitness goes.

Worried about our LB's. Sapp, imo, isn't starting material, absolute great back up material, but I'm sure he'll prove me wrong because he was a good back up. Brewer was never recruited or coached as a LB, until late last year at the earliest, so that worries me some. The only true LB we have is AJ.
And he worries me, often overshooting his gap and getting blocked out of position. I chalk it up to the fact he feels pushed to make things happen and tries to cover too much territory.

If Brewer has a position imo it was always at LB. Dooley couldn't afford to move him there last yr due to the incredible thinness we have at DB. Wait n see, not hopeful for anything but average play.

Sapp meh.

Jancek said his starting back 7 would be
Johnson, Sapp, Brewer
Randolph, McNeil
Sutton and Coleman
#VolReport: John Jancek Media Session (8/19/13) - YouTube

Disappointed that Byron seems to be odd man out..he's my fav current Vol

Byron has been a great recruiter for us but when he wasn't intercepting passes last year he was completely lost. He constantly blew assignments. I appreciate his contributions but it really is a good thing to see McNeil overtake him.

Saving Maggit for Oregon or Florida makes perfect sense to me. Smith too. Then we can open up a can of whoop @ss on them!
Go BiG Orange!!!

Agreed!!! For multiple reasons.....but I want Oregon again in three years.

I don't. The reasoning behind scheduling challenging OOC games is no longer needed since we play in the undisputed top conference in the nation. I want to play AP, South Alabama, UT Martin, and Samford annually with an occasional home and home with UTC.

Why are you guys getting so bent up about the guy saying BMoore is slow?

Not so much what he said as how he said it. BMoore is all Vol and has earned the respect of true Vol fans. You think he's a step slow for a db fine but there is absolutely no reason to dog the kid out.

Saving Maggit for Oregon or Florida makes perfect sense to me. Smith too. Then we can open up a can of whoop @ss on them!
Go BiG Oranges!!!

Don't think "saving" is the right word. Having an ACL scoped usually takes a year or more to heal. Remember Hunter got hurt in Sept of 11 and wasn't fully back until the following season. Could be mid season before we see Curt back. I wish it wasn't so because he's the best talent vols have on that side of the ball when healthy. IMO

i like it... Ive been hoping and praying that McNeil would beat out Bmo not that i dont like the kid or think hes a solid player but he is just way to SLOW... also ill like this lineup alot more once 56 is back in it and striking fear in the hearts of SEC QBs

With Smith (most likely) out for the opener, and McCullers definitely starting, who are the other 3 starters on the DL?

VN Store

Back