Jauan Jennings!

Now talk about the part where SF got completely bailed out by a defensive holding call against KC in OT.
It was a complete hold when he wrapped his arm around Jennings on his break. That gets flagged every time. Now thats not to say I agree with the topic at hand

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
there's always a prop out there for over/under 2.5 players to throw a pass, but didn't notice one this year (nor would I have bet it). That would have been around 12:1 for this game, unless someone saw it on a book and will chime in.

Push that to 40:1 for it to result in a TD.

250:1 for it to be the first TD of the game.

Jennings was MVP for 3.5 quarters if SF had won. CMC getting close to 200 rush+rec after 74:57 of game time should have gotten him MVP by that point.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
It was a complete hold when he wrapped his arm around Jennings on his break. That gets flagged every time. Now thats not to say I agree with the topic at hand
Totally agree. It should have been flagged 10/10 times. Just pointing out how goofy the narrative is that the Super Bowl is somehow fixed. Do refs throw flags with bias sometimes? I'm sure they do, but it's nuts to think that with 40 HD cameras looking at all angles that the fix is in. Heck, on the TD that JJ threw, the Center got upfield and probably should have been flagged for Ineligible Receiver Downfield.

So, I think you probably agree with me that, in closing . . . The officials do the best they can do. The game moves fast. Have another beer.

Totally agree. It should have been flagged 10/10 times. Just pointing out how goofy the narrative is that the Super Bowl is somehow fixed. Do refs throw flags with bias sometimes? I'm sure they do, but it's nuts to think that with 40 HD cameras looking at all angles that the fix is in. Heck, on the TD that JJ threw, the Center got upfield and probably should have been flagged for Ineligible Receiver Downfield.

So, I think you probably agree with me that, in closing . . . The officials do the best they can do. The game moves fast. Have another beer.
It’s not at all silly to think that refs have incentives to ignore calls or to make questionable ones to achieve a desired outcome. I’m sure most refs are sincere and make honest mistakes, but there are clearly some that have a clear bias, and the UT game last week when the coach ran on to the court during the game is a prime example.

Reactions: 207 others
It was a very well officiated game. I saw 5 questionable calls all game and all went against KC

None were egregiously bad calls.

There was a grounding call against Mahomes that was questionable, the clothesline on the punt return, two spots (including one in the 3rd quarter that impacted the game), and failure to review at whether SF's FB actually completed the process of the catch in OT.

Reactions: rocytop2624
It was a very well officiated game. I saw 5 questionable calls all game and all went against KC

None were egregiously bad calls.

There was a grounding call against Mahomes that was questionable, the clothesline on the punt return, two spots (including one in the 3rd quarter that impacted the game), and failure to review at whether SF's FB actually completed the process of the catch in OT.

i know the crew claimed Mahomes had someone in the vicinity, but his two arm pump that was 1.5 yards short of the LOS was a blatant attempt to unload the ball past the line before the sack

i know the crew claimed Mahomes had someone in the vicinity, but his two arm pump that was 1.5 yards short of the LOS was a blatant attempt to unload the ball past the line before the sack

I'm OK with the flag there but that was a 50/50 call that could have just as easily gone the other way...

I do believe Jennings was an extra point away from being a Super Bowl MVP.

The 49er offense just moved better with Jennings on the field. Had they used him more in the first half, they might be planning a Champion's parade in a different town.
I agree. I don't see why they kept pulling him out of the game. I know they wanted to run the ball, but it seems like he would be an ideal addition to the short game and help open up the run game.

Reactions: txbo
Jauan is the epitome of a “blue-collar,” old-school football player. Doesn’t wow you with measurables but just goes out and works, fights, and makes plays. Rough as pig-iron and tough as nails. What an ambassador for Tennessee football. Only way I could be more proud of him is if he was my cousin lol.
This is the type of athlete we need more of on our basketball team. IMO, we don't have nearly enough guys with that type attitude. Just a different type of mentality and it's not something you see that often in any sport.

Reactions: overseasorange2
Jauan is the epitome of a “blue-collar,” old-school football player. Doesn’t wow you with measurables but just goes out and works, fights, and makes plays. Rough as pig-iron and tough as nails. What an ambassador for Tennessee football. Only way I could be more proud of him is if he was my cousin lol.
Recall when it was about 50/50 here at VN to keep him kicked off the team originated by the joke Brady Hoke? One of the great things Pruitt and Fulmer did was letting him come back. I'm team JJ all the way then and now.

VN Store

Back