Jeremy Banks day 1 pick?

Jeremy "Juicy" Banks is about to make Tampa Bay a whole lot more stout on defense!

I hope JB sets up a structure around him so he is not in charge of his time or his actions off the field.
I worry about him handling both freedom and $$$. He is not a good person to "be in charge".
I hope someone in TB takes him under their wing and mentors him about financials and being a local celebrity.
When the defense hazes him; forcing him to pay for everyone's dinner or bottle service at a club, he might go off.

Was he having thos trouble alone? Or was the golden child of the offense of an offensive Head Coach also involved?

I dont know what happened or what the punishment was. I dot know of it was warranted or not.

I do know a large part of the team not named Jeremy Banks seemed to think it was unwarranted.

It always amazes me how people rush to judgment about things they have zero idea about.
Well Brent and crew insinuated that JB been doing stuff for weeks before the South Carolina debacle...

I hope JB sets up a structure around him so he is not in charge of his time or his actions off the field.
I worry about him handling both freedom and $$$. He is not a good person to "be in charge".
I hope someone in TB takes him under their wing and mentors him about financials and being a local celebrity.
When the defense hazes him; forcing him to pay for everyone's dinner or bottle service at a club, he might go off.

Agree. I hope he realizes that his job now is to keep his mouth shut, stay out of the news, work very hard, and make the roster. He has the talent to do so and TB needs some depth at linebacker. I'll be rooting for him.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Jeremy "Juicy" Banks is about to make Tampa Bay a whole lot more stout on defense!
Day 1 lol… what a clown. Banks wasted his talents. Arrested early in his career and threatened the officer. Proved to be a locker room cancer as a senior and refused to admit his mistakes when asked about why he didn’t play against South Carolina. I’ll be surprised if he stays on a roster. Not a lot of job security in special teams players that cause locker room issues.

Sometimes it’s ok to just take the L. Don’t double down on it. Even NFL scouts and GMs have failed at player evals. Just don’t double down on it. Then it shows that you really CANT be objective.

One thing's for sure, many Vol fans overrated this guy. The NFL showed that
If it wasn't for the character issues, he probably would have been drafted somewhere in the 4th to 6th. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

His behavior before the South Carolina game thst took a playoff team, and got us drubbed by a team we beat 99/100 times is what cost him money.

This was karma biting him in the ass. He got jealous of Hooker. Couldn’t handle not being the guy. Didn’t respect his team’s leader. And now it’s hit him in the pocket. Let it be a lesson to all the fake alpha tough guys. Sometimes you lead by following. You had the guy to follow too, but you couldn’t use your brain.

Reactions: loservol
His behavior before the South Carolina game thst took a playoff team, and got us drubbed by a team we beat 99/100 times is what cost him money.

This was karma biting him in the ass. He got jealous of Hooker. Couldn’t handle not being the guy. Didn’t respect his team’s leader. And now it’s hit him in the pocket. Let it be a lesson to all the fake alpha tough guys. Sometimes you lead by following. You had the guy to follow too, but you couldn’t use your brain.
I wonder what kind of character reference Heupel gave him before the draft?

This cat is
6'1 232 lbs
4.5 - 40
37.5 vertical
25 reps of 225 (400 lbs eq)
Had over 200 career tackles
9 sacks
4 Ints

All around production and physical testing puts him as ones of the most skilled LBs to ever play at UT.
If you don't agree, looks at Al Wilson's and Jerrod Mayos to compare.
I just keep laughing at this post.. like come on

Reactions: Vol8188
No way to know that. NFL drafts players with risks and with rap sheets longer than Banks every year....
True, but usually the talent outweighs the risk. If you’re talented you can pretty much get away with most things. Deshaun Watson comes to mind. Jeremy Banks is good, but his talent doesn’t outweigh his risk. Not yet anyway.

VN Store

Back