Jerry Mack could be going to the NFL

More than just 1 IMO...

Gillespie
Taylor
Hardesty

Sure there are others... hope the new guy can recruit and coach as well as Mack. We have gotten excellent production out of our RBs that were not the most sought after backs coming out of HS. The development at the position was obvious...which is why Mack is in the NFL now. The eye for talent/potential has also been remarkable.
Don’t want Hardesty. Taylor or Gillespie would be great.

Reactions: ERvolsfan
My vote would be for one of dell mcgee, Larry porter, Jajuan Heider, tommie Robinson, Robert Gillespie (heck why not? F’ the ncaa).

Go big or go home. So long as they can cruit I’m happy.

We’ll probably promote an analyst.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
My vote would be for one of dell mcgee, Larry porter, Jajuan Heider, tommie Robinson, Robert Gillespie (heck why not? F’ the ncaa).

Go big or go home. So long as they can cruit I’m happy.

We’ll probably promote an analyst.
Gillespie is in no NCAA trouble. But he re-upped with Bama a week ago.

Since AP mentioned Carlos Locklyn as a potential candidate, the more I dig into him, Hes my top choice!!!!

Based on prior stops, background, personality, etc.. I really like him. Would be a great fit, recruiting ties to south, specifically Memphis. But on field their backs have had good production last few years.

Also interesting note, Oregon gave up fewest number of sacks, so one would assume he's good a getting backs to pass pro, not just on oline

Found this cool article on him

https://www.si.com/college/oregon/f...llege-footballs-rising-star-assistant-coaches

Since AP mentioned Carlos Locklyn as a potential candidate, the more I dig into him, Hes my top choice!!!!

Based on prior stops, background, personality, etc.. I really like him. Would be a great fit, recruiting ties to south, specifically Memphis. But on field their backs have had good production last few years.

Also interesting note, Oregon gave up fewest number of sacks, so one would assume he's good a getting backs to pass pro, not just on oline

Found this cool article on him

https://www.si.com/college/oregon/f...llege-footballs-rising-star-assistant-coaches
I've seen Jones from TCU also being mentioned. Both have connections to Memphis. Both have good reps as a RB coach and have put guys in the NFL. Whoever Heupel picks, I hope he's a stud recruiter. That's a great part of the reason that UGA and bama are always at the top of the recruiting rankings. They've got a wealth of top recruiters.

I've seen Jones from TCU also being mentioned. Both have connections to Memphis. Both have good reps as a RB coach and have put guys in the NFL. Whoever Heupel picks, I hope he's a stud recruiter. That's a great part of the reason that UGA and bama are always at the top of the recruiting rankings. They've got a wealth of top recruiters.
Yes, both have ties to Memphis, Chattanooga, north Georgia, around the south east. These two are my top choices. But I think Carlos has a higher ceiling as a recruiter and development. Hes my top choice but would be very happy with either

1) Carlos Locklyn Oregon RB coach
2) Anthony Jones Jr TCU RB coach.

On 104.5 the zone RKW this morning, Hubbs mentioned that HEUP has moved pretty quickly could expect this hire to be finalized within the next week...

mentioned 3 names:

Anthony Jones - TCU RB coach, ties to Memphis are, played at UTChat.
Carlos Lockyln - Oregon RB Coach - from AL, played UTChat, ties to Memphis and southeast
Jimmy Smith - ARK RB Coach - from South Carolina, played at TSU, ties to southeast.

any of these three would be great hires...

my personal choice is Carlos Locklyn,

On 104.5 the zone RKW this morning, Hubbs mentioned that HEUP has moved pretty quickly could expect this hire to be finalized within the next week...

mentioned 3 names:

Carlos Lockyln - Oregon RB Coach - from AL, played UTChat, ties to Memphis and southeast
Jimmy Smith - ARK RB Coach - from South Carolina, played at TSU, ties to southeast.

Have to notice that former Mocs make great RB coaches.

Reactions: ERvolsfan

mentioned 3 names:

If Heupel hires Smith, he could give Heupel and his staff some inside tips on what Pittman and Arkansas like to do on offense before their match up in Fayetteville during the upcoming season.

If Heupel hires Smith, he could give Heupel and his staff some inside tips on what Pittman and Arkansas like to do on offense before their match up in Fayetteville during the upcoming season.
You don’t hire a coach to win one game. You hire the best that can recruit and fits your system the best

VN Store

Back