Jerry Mack could be going to the NFL

Heupel has downgraded the recruiting ability of his staff with every new hire. That can't continue. TE, RB, and WR coaches have to be top flight recruiters. All of them cannot be this level of green on a single SEC staff.
That is interesting. We have the highest rank class in 2024 with more 5 and 4 stars the any other year with Heupel and we have won more game in his three year since coach since Fulmer. The football Program is in the best shape since before Fulmer was fired. The good thing about all this is it is getting better.,

Last edited:
Fill me in on why that is the case. Really like for shots to have some meat on the bones. Do you have reason to believe that is CJH’s starting position on him?
Because he was open about his struggles when he resigned from Bama and the toll coaching at the level was having on him and it could be bad for all parties involved. He coached with Pruitt and even though I’m sure he was not a part of the stupidity, he’s a part of that era, and it’s best to stay away from any part of that era. He’s been out of p5 coaching a while now, and it’s not a given he’d have the same recruiting pull he kind did and schools could use the above against him/UT. This is a very attractive program for quality coaches, and they could potentially land a current p5 assistant with recruits he’s right with at the moment, and guys we are involved with.

To your last question, no, I have no clue about Heupel’s thinking other than he tends to go in House with guys he’s developed. This all is merely my opinion and what I know about CJG, and how much he’s been enjoying life recently. He also has a son playing college ball he surely would want to keep up with. I just don’t see it as a good idea for anyone. Doesn’t mean I don’t live the guy and honk he’s great. I love Hardesty too, I just think the tendency we have (myself included) to want Vols on staff isn’t always best and hasn’t always ended well.

Attachments

• IMG_6929.jpeg
    IMG_6929.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Reactions: Deebowbear
Risk is both recruiting and development as it is with anyone else. With someone in house you know how they’re going to gel with the coaches and players already there and have a good idea that they’re going to do things right.
I don’t disagree but if he hasn’t been on the road in living rooms, he is a huge risk. He will be competing with coaches that can say “Let’s look at who I have put in the NFL.”

So, Golesh moves on last year, wide receivers coach moves on, now the running back coach. They move on to better opportunities--and they should. It's thought that Heupel is loyal to his staff to a fault. At what point does he look at the situation and say, 'hey, this is a two way street. If you ain't cutting it, you gotta go'? He may have to do that in the future.
Well if they are moving on to better jobs I think he knows what he's doing.

Man, I hope the players he recruited stay. I suppose the NFL is better than him going to another university 🤷‍♂️
Hopefully, CJH has someone in mind and this thing will get filled sooner than later.
GB🍊

Guys I would be interested in...

Anthony Jones fits best of the role Mack leaves behind, with connections to Memphis area, Chattanooga, North Ga. Plus TCU has had some good RB production in a similar system past few years.

Robert Gillespie - one of the best RB coaches we have had, good recruiting good developer, being chosen by Saban, shows the respect he has from great coaches. Would be my choice!

Montario Hardesty - VFL, One of the best young recruiters, done a good job at USCe, would love to give him a shot here.

These are my top 3. I hope we don't hire from within. Let's get a quality proven coach

Reactions: Rocky Top T

Anthony Jones fits best of the role Mack leaves behind, with connections to Memphis area, Chattanooga, North Ga. Plus TCU has had some good RB production in a similar system past few years.

Robert Gillespie - one of the best RB coaches we have had, good recruiting good developer, being chosen by Saban, shows the respect he has from great coaches. Would be my choice!

Montario Hardesty - VFL, One of the best young recruiters, done a good job at USCe, would love to give him a shot here.

These are my top 3. I hope we don't hire from within. Let's get a quality proven coach

IDK about Hardesty. I think South Carolina finished last in rushing last year and they let him go because of it

If Cadillac wanted to coach for us, we’d be stupid to turn him down just cuz he stuck his dick somewhere he shouldn’t have.
I think it’s more about the unsettled nature of his situation than his coaching ability. The last thing UT needs is more bad publicity. Jmo

Hardesty did a terrible job at SC.

Reactions: LouderVol

VN Store

Back