Jeudy-Lally to enter NFL draft

I wouldn’t think his draft stock would be that high but I really hope he’s drafted and does well in the league. Hard to be upset with a guy that came in and did his best for our team.
I admit I don't know that much about the guy and what he contributed to the over all team, other than the stats listed in this post. But the general comments here is he's not a sure fire draft pick, which makes me ask why would someone with a thin resume, who only played 1 year here, not want to come back for at least 1 more year to increase his skill level and also his stock value. Makes sense to play a bit longer than to roll the dice and not even get signed by an NFL team

Reactions: DixieVol
Gibson just locked his guy down in the bowl game.
Weŕe adding McCoy from Oregon State (freshman All-American)
Matthews, Conyer, Harrison, Beasley, Goree.

Plus whoever we get through the preferred walk-on program for practice.

7 scholarship CBs plus above average walk-ons.
Iḿ not concerned at all
Brock Osweiler and the other announcer were killing me when they kept mentioning that Iowa should test Gibson. They were not wrong but it was way over the top. Idk if he was shut down.

I admit I don't know that much about the guy and what he contributed to the over all team, other than the stats listed in this post. But the general comments here is he's not a sure fire draft pick, which makes me ask why would someone with a thin resume, who only played 1 year here, not want to come back for at least 1 more year to increase his skill level and also his stock value. Makes sense to play a bit longer than to roll the dice and not even get signed by an NFL team
He has bounced around. Maybe he wants to try his luck in the draft and if it doesn’t work out he’s done with football?

We need to hit the portal heavy, like get 3-4 guys and let em fight it out in camp. Odds are people get hurt along the way. Also wouldn’t be a bad idea to find a decent 3 star, maybe an athlete and try to flip him on national signing day. Starting freshman in the sec is gonna have our secondary look like the 22 South Carolina game every week

Reactions: LAVol1 and volfeeva
Brock Osweiler and the other announcer were killing me when they kept mentioning that Iowa should test Gibson. They were not wrong but it was way over the top. Idk if he was shut down.
They had no idea what they were talking about they just looked down at depth chart saw he was a freshman making his first start and though hey a "Talking point". I think he's looked good in the playing time he's got this year. Osweiler may look up in 10 years and see Gibson on an All-Pro team then tell his kids, yep, I called some of his games.

Reactions: SAPPER 5
I don't think things like this happen in a vacuum. Pretty sure CJH has something cooking, thank you young man, and best of luck!

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

Iḿ not concerned at all
Announcers kept begging Iowa to take a shot a Gibson. I was kinda hoping they would.

Iḿ not concerned at all
How about Jakobe Thomas, the MTSU transfer DB?

Can think of worse things to be doing than earning 12,500$ a week on a practice squad.
Our high school had a beast of a linebacker, who as small town rumors go, got a gig with the Redskins practice squad after a solid stint at a small college. I never knew if it was true, until about a year after the rumor circulated, I ran into him bagging groceries at our Piggly Wiggly. I knew him enough from high school, that I could ask him about it. Turns out that the rumor was indeed true, and that there was not enough money in the entire organization to make him want to go back. I guess being an NFL practice squad linebacker is kind of a really hard job.

Last edited:
Good Luck to him and hope that his dreams of an NFL career come true. Thanks for being a VOL this year!

how can you be in college as long as he has but have arms that still look like he just graduated HS??
Does it matter? He's a corner and wasn't a scrub or he wouldn't have been here. He's got a degree from Vanderbilt and will probably be just fine if the NFL doesn't work out.

Reactions: VOLSanon
Coleman didn't leave early for the draft.
I don’t know what this has to do with my post but ok. By the way, Lally has played five years of college ball, he’s only “leaving early” because he has a Covid year exception. He’s played more years in college than Coleman did.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Lol I'm seriously concerned about our DBs next year at the moment. Hopefully the freshman step up in a big way. We need depth though too. I hope we add another transfer
why no one can cover no matter who is in there/their .. gotta but the blame somewhere... my money is on coaching .. but im pretty dumb

#also im drunk

VN Store

Back