Joe Milton outperforming Drake Maye

Give Joe an NFL Oline and NFL receivers and he can play in the NFL.

Oh, wait, I said that in January.
And now it's August and he's going up against 3rd and 4th stringers, many who will be cut. He looked really good last night and will probably make the team. He's not going to be QB1 unless there are injuries ahead of him

Clausen was a very good college qb. Not as physically gifted as Milton. Clausen was a slower runner and had a weaker arm, yet was more successful than Milton in college. Thanks for making my point.
Agreed , the “ice man” to Joe Milton comparison is apples to oranges in some respects. Casey was way more physical with regard to playing the game. Total disregard for his body at times. If I recall correctly, he finished the OT game v. Arky with a broken collar bone. Casey was from the same cloth as Heath, and was an extremely successful college qb from a W-L perspective, and was a road warrior.
Joe Milton is as physically gifted as any qb to come thru the program, but he couldn’t carry Casey’s strap from a production standpoint.

Some people like Vols players, some people don't.
Thems that don't should root for another team.
The Saint Louis University Billiken or The
Delta State University Fighting Okra comes to mind.
Hey Woody, myself and my family have supported this program in ways you could not imagine. I don’t think Joe Milton was a good college QB, mainly due to decision making and lake of touch on the ball. Every player I’ve spoken with or heard talk have nothing but positive things to say about the young man, and I’m sure he is a fantastic person and remains a great ambassador for the program.
I didn’t support Gary Valbuaena as our starter either and as an elementary age school kid back then , I recall hearing my father and most in Neyland wring their hands over the situation. He was terrible ! That Doesn’t make me an inferior fan, it’s simply reality.

Hey Woody, myself and my family have supported this program in ways you could not imagine. I don’t think Joe Milton was a good college QB, mainly due to decision making and lake of touch on the ball. Every player I’ve spoken with or heard talk have nothing but positive things to say about the young man, and I’m sure he is a fantastic person and remains a great ambassador for the program.
I didn’t support Gary Valbuaena as our starter either and as an elementary age school kid back then , I recall hearing my father and most in Neyland wring their hands over the situation. He was terrible ! That Doesn’t make me an inferior fan, it’s simply reality.
None of his INTs or overthrows were on purpose, but done in the heat of battle. ANYBODY feeling the need to exercise their rights and share their negative feelings at their leisure about a verified VFL and think they are a value add to the program needs accept that reality is what it is . That does not make us bad fan evaluators either. Gosh, love how that works. He can say he gave his all….. don’t find any applicability on the other side.

Youse got yo pinion, ahs got mah pinion. Long az youse a Vol feign thaten wat mattahs.

And now it's August and he's going up against 3rd and 4th stringers, many who will be cut. He looked really good last night and will probably make the team. He's not going to be QB1 unless there are injuries ahead of him

Just like Hendon Hooker, he is probably a project. No way he gets cut this year unless he just tanks it which, base on the preseason performance, isn't the case.

I think Milton sticks around for some time in the league.

Crazy that we got 3 Tennessee QBs in the mix right now playing: Josh Dobbs, Hendon Hooker, Joe Milton

Only negative is that none of these 3 will be a starter. Josh is probably in the most difficult spot and would be the first to be cut on that list. Guy is a heck of a person though and definitely has a future at NASA. I would have loved to seen Dobbs under the Heupel system.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back