Jonathan Hefney

SoFloVFL

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I saw his Facebook post about it, so I figured it would be OK to share.. (I frequent this site everyday and haven't seen anything about it yet, so mods please delete this if it has already been mentioned). He is young and he can do a lot better than what he has done for his community once he is out. 9 year sentence...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.heraldonline.com/news/local/crime/article235467402.html

Last edited:
Reactions: VAVol85
Not shocked by this at all. Most of these dudes in D1 think they are going pro, and when they do it never lasts long, and after football they have no real plan. Same for those who never make it pro. Those football player degrees are pretty much worthless.

That being said, 9 years for moving way less than a pound of coke seems excessive.

That's a shame to hear. I was just thinking about Hefney the other night. He was another guy I lived in Gibbs with back in the day and he was actually a pretty nice guy and full of energy of the field. I remember spotting him in a Washington Nationals cap shortly after the Cotton Bowl game and as a fan (it was before their first season) asked him if he was into the Nats. He told me, "No, I just like the W."

Reactions: RollerVol
giphy.gif

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I saw his Facebook post about it, so I figured it would be OK to share.. (I frequent this site everyday and haven't seen anything about it yet, so mods please delete this if it has already been mentioned). He is young and can do a lot more than he has already done for his community once he is out. 9 year sentence...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.heraldonline.com/news/local/crime/article235467402.html
Yeah, I bet he just can’t wait to get out and start a community outreach. Help his community, more like poisoning his community.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Not shocked by this at all. Most of these dudes in D1 think they are going pro, and when they do it never lasts long, and after football they have no real plan. Same for those who never make it pro. Those football player degrees are pretty much worthless.

That being said, 9 years for moving way less than a pound of coke seems excessive.

He’ll prolly be out in 3.

FYI our drug criminalization policies have created an entire prison society and private industry. It’s not cool at all. Imagine if we took the money away from law enforcement (drug targeted) and prisons, and spent it on education and societal improvement .....

This is where I feel the Universities let down the student athletes. A lot of these kids leave with either a bogus degree that has no real value or no degree at all. If their bodies fail them or they never make it to the NFL to begin with they are left with no real marketable skill. If I were a big University like UT and I know I have these kids for at least 3 years (under the current rules) I would actually create a program that pursues athletes interests away from the game and builds them a path to a degree that they can fall back on when all else fails. Even if they decide to leave early for the NFL they would still have 3 years of credits under their belts and can return to finish their degree easily, again if they find themselves out of the game.

Yeah, I bet he just can’t wait to get out and start a community outreach. Help his community, more like poisoning his community.

It wouldn't be out of the ordinary for a first-time prisoner, after doing a long sentence, to come out on the other side reformed and with a new perspective on life. The system is broken, but at its core, that is what it is there for. He is paying his debt to society, so in writing him off before having a chance to correct himself, as you do, comes across as a bit pretentious.

Last edited:
FYI our drug criminalization policies have created an entire prison society and private industry. It’s not cool at all. Imagine if we took the money away from law enforcement (drug targeted) and prisons, and spent it on education and societal improvement .....

privatization of prisons is very lucrative...and the kickbacks are also...:D

PS. your last sentence...isn't that what the lotto does for each state...LMAO...not laughing at you...just the system...and,

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT THE DAWGS!

Usually, in a plea deal, the guilty party, pleads DOWN. Less than a pound of cocaine? That is what he plead to, there is a 90% probability that this represented Far Less than he could have been charged with. But he should go free, because where he's from they sell cocaine, this makes it okay. BTW, police made Three separate controlled buys from the guy, one for 50 grams, he could have been charged with a lot more. With good behavior, in todays world, he won't spend anywhere near 9 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: marcusluvsvols
This is where I feel the Universities let down the student athletes. A lot of these kids leave with either a bogus degree that has no real value or no degree at all. If their bodies fail them or they never make it to the NFL to begin with they are left with no real marketable skill. If I were a big University like UT and I know I have these kids for at least 3 years (under the current rules) I would actually create a program that pursues athletes interests away from the game and builds them a path to a degree that they can fall back on when all else fails. Even if they decide to leave early for the NFL they would still have 3 years of credits under their belts and can return to finish their degree easily, again if they find themselves out of the game.
Right on, but of course the players, during that three year period, would be required to study, actually do the work, and demonstrate that they have learned the material, not just "giving them credits". I've heard (I'm sure it doesn't happen at UT) some players have graduated from other universities, and were functionally illiterate! In these cases, some courses were known as "Football player courses", where no one failed, I know that doesn't go on at UT, but in some lesser schools it might.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I saw his Facebook post about it, so I figured it would be OK to share.. (I frequent this site everyday and haven't seen anything about it yet, so mods please delete this if it has already been mentioned). He is young and can do a lot more than he has already done for his community once he is out. 9 year sentence...

What has he done for his community, other than selling one of the most addictive drugs to people? He may spend around three years in prison (if that), do you think he'll go back to drug dealing?

I don't cotton to drug smugglers/sellers no matter who they are or were. Sooner or later, this stuff finds its way to kids. So in my book, you're helping to kill America's future by killing kids or neutralizing kids' potential via addiction. So bye and stay gone.

VN Store

Back