Jonathan Hefney

What has he done for his community, other than selling one of the most addictive drugs to people? He may spend around three years in prison (if that), do you think he'll go back to drug dealing?

That was poor wording on my part. I wasn't paying real close attention this morning when I typed it. It should have read "he can do a lot better than what he has done for his community once he is out"

Reactions: I40flyer
It’s the lure of easy money .....it’s got a very strong appeal
“Lure of easy money” only appeals those with no character. Guy was given an incredible platform, a great opportunity, a free education and what does he do with it 12-15 years later....turns into a scum of the earth drug dealer. F him.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I saw his Facebook post about it, so I figured it would be OK to share.. (I frequent this site everyday and haven't seen anything about it yet, so mods please delete this if it has already been mentioned). He is young and he can do a lot better than what he has done for his community once he is out. 9 year sentence...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.heraldonline.com/news/local/crime/article235467402.html

Play stupid games...Get stupid prizes

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Not shocked by this at all. Most of these dudes in D1 think they are going pro, and when they do it never lasts long, and after football they have no real plan. Same for those who never make it pro. Those football player degrees are pretty much worthless.

That being said, 9 years for moving way less than a pound of coke seems excessive.

Not much chaos can be caused on just a pound. If that's the penalty then that's the penalty.

This is where I feel the Universities let down the student athletes. A lot of these kids leave with either a bogus degree that has no real value or no degree at all. If their bodies fail them or they never make it to the NFL to begin with they are left with no real marketable skill. If I were a big University like UT and I know I have these kids for at least 3 years (under the current rules) I would actually create a program that pursues athletes interests away from the game and builds them a path to a degree that they can fall back on when all else fails. Even if they decide to leave early for the NFL they would still have 3 years of credits under their belts and can return to finish their degree easily, again if they find themselves out of the game.
You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink. Some players are simply not interested in school, while others take full advantage of the opportunities they are given.

Not shocked by this at all. Most of these dudes in D1 think they are going pro, and when they do it never lasts long, and after football they have no real plan. Same for those who never make it pro. Those football player degrees are pretty much worthless.

That being said, 9 years for moving way less than a pound of coke seems excessive.

Especially when you consider this guy could be out within 4.

Ex-Campbell County Judge Timothy Nolan to serve 20 years, pay $100K fine after plea

Sad, hopefully he’ll learn from his mistakes.
The Tennessee football program seems to be incarcerated

Good. But that's still to long in my opinion
As long as that is the opinion of people around, then the epidemic that has claimed my middle daughter's freedom and mind will never end. The lure of easy money and the selling of death are not acceptable. Unless you have ever experienced someone you love destroyed by the drug trade, you will never know the pain it brings to the parents, children and grandchildren of the person affected. 3 million years is not enough for anyone involved.

As long as that is the opinion of people around, then the epidemic that has claimed my middle daughter's freedom and mind will never end. The lure of easy money and the selling of death are not acceptable. Unless you have ever experienced someone you love destroyed by the drug trade, you will never know the pain it brings to the parents, children and grandchildren of the person affected. 3 million years is not enough for anyone involved.
Oh I know what you are talking about. Cousin overdosed on heroin and died. I'm not pro drug or pro legalization..just feel the punishment doesn't fit. 100% different story if a death is involved.

Oh I know what you are talking about. Cousin overdosed on heroin and died. I'm not pro drug or pro legalization..just feel the punishment doesn't fit. 100% different story if a death is involved.
It isn't a different story. If the drugs aren't there the pain doesn't exist. I don't care if it is a loss of life or a loss of livelihood. same difference, same punishment.

Drugs. How much has it damaged our society over the past 2 generations? Terrible effects. Dang.

Always enjoyed watch JH play back there. :-\

How many deaths were caused by his actions? He was selling at fairly large quantities (he sold to an undercover cop 3 separate time, once for at least 50 grams), does anyone know how many deaths? No, does he? NO. Did he care, and if so, did he care enough to stop selling the poison? NO. For those that don't know (some on here don't care) there are 453 grams to a pound (aprox), there are usually 20 "Lines" of Coke per gram, in short he was caught with aprox 9,000 lines. The police got on to him, as he was selling Before they started their controlled buys. My guess is he started with one Kilo (minimum) aprox 2.2 pound, more than 18,000 Lines. And that HE HAD TO be selling for a while. Again how many lives were ruined, how many deaths, how many children were/have been forever damaged? No one knows, he doesn't know, he didn't care. BTW, cocaine sells for $40/ gram on the street, he was caught with $18,000 worth for sale.

Last edited:
This is where I feel the Universities let down the student athletes. A lot of these kids leave with either a bogus degree that has no real value or no degree at all. If their bodies fail them or they never make it to the NFL to begin with they are left with no real marketable skill. If I were a big University like UT and I know I have these kids for at least 3 years (under the current rules) I would actually create a program that pursues athletes interests away from the game and builds them a path to a degree that they can fall back on when all else fails. Even if they decide to leave early for the NFL they would still have 3 years of credits under their belts and can return to finish their degree easily, again if they find themselves out of the game.

The 4-year graduation rate nationwide is 33%. UT claims a rate of 45% which rises to 65% after six years. I don't think Heffney lacked for opportunities to succeed while on The Hill.

“Lure of easy money” only appeals those with no character. Guy was given an incredible platform, a great opportunity, a free education and what does he do with it 12-15 years later....turns into a scum of the earth drug dealer. F him.
He should have used an alias because somebody squealed

It isn't a different story. If the drugs aren't there the pain doesn't exist. I don't care if it is a loss of life or a loss of livelihood. same difference, same punishment.
Drugs are there precisely because pain exists.

FYI our drug criminalization policies have created an entire prison society and private industry. It’s not cool at all. Imagine if we took the money away from law enforcement (drug targeted) and prisons, and spent it on education and societal improvement .....

Our crime rate would skyrocket. The idea that these criminals just need more attention is laughable.

Sad story. Hope the guy cleans his life up in prison and comes out a better person because of it.

VN Store

Back