Jones “I’ll say it again: There’s only one Tennessee.”

I was really pissed with this hire. I was certain UT was going to continue their mediocrity. I am being won over by CBJ. This guy will win here. Win big.

IM with you on first disappointed, then as the first couple of weeks passed thought give the man a chance and when he said DREAM job TENNESSEE i really think he means that, i all in the BUTCHER will kick little nick azz in time.:good!:

I wasn't disappointed. I was surprised, but I held off judgement until seeing what he had done for myself. Looked at his record, realized his style and its success... And he won me over. This lights out recruiting is just icing on the cake. We found our Coach

Reactions: 1 person
WHY IN THE F WAS DOOLEY OUR COACH FOR THREdE F'in YEARS?!?!?!?

Because 90% of volnation loved n worshipped him just like they r doing to cbj. N kept saying he was going to win big n he could recruit he just needed more time.... because he took over a mess...sound familiar?

Sheep r sheep regardless who they follow...lol

Cbj has to beat Fla n bama before he is considered a success.. IMO anything short of that then he is average.

Reactions: 4 people
Hate to be hoarding in on the OP, but as I have said since the O&W game, the way Coach Jones interacted with my son (6' 0") at 14 and he told coach Jones he wanted to play for Tennessee, and the way Coach Jones embarrassed him and interacted with him, Coach Jones has my respect, love and loyalty, and if my son, who attends all of the manning camps at Nicholas State and gets a chance to sign with UT, CBJ will lead my son to the heights he should ascend to.I for one am behind him 100%, and money is there also!

Coach Jones, it's time to lead us back to the top and I for one believe in you!!!!!I'm telling you, this man is tied to UT and will be here for years to come. If I'm wrong, then ban me and poke out my eyes. After he heard my son was a VFL, and I walked on here, he sat down,promised to view his film and then make a call one way or the other. I'm so impressed with this man, words can not express it....... Butch gets it, and I'm glad he does..... GO BIG ORANGE!:)

Wait what?

I truly believe that he and his staff are the hardest working coaches in the nation right now and it shows with how they are recruiting.

Because 90% of volnation loved n worshipped him just like they r doing to cbj. N kept saying he was going to win big n he could recruit he just needed more time.... because he took over a mess...sound familiar?

Cbj has to beat Fla n bama before he is considered a success.. IMO anything short of that then he is average.

You're right.

People also thought Dools "got it" when he had the team run the steps in Neyland and climb Rocky Top, etc.

Jones seems to be doing all the right things... the proof is on the field, though.

Reactions: 2 people
Patrick Brown has a good article on the TFP site. The article's focus is on J. James, but there are a few quotes from the coaches as well. Ja'Wuan James learns to lead Vols senior lineman becomes more vocal | timesfreepress.com

Coach Jones...
"I think leadership is a skill that you have to practice and perform every day," he said. "There are no off days in leadership. We're going to continue to strive and teach them what makes a great leader, and that's something you have to practice each and every day.

"Leadership is hard, because it's making decisions first of all upon yourself and living the right way, but it's also holding each other to a very high level or responsibility and accountability."

Right, 90% of volnation is why Dooley had a job.

I-Had-Fun-Once-It-Was-Awful.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back