Jones “I’ll say it again: There’s only one Tennessee.”

As a salesman for the VOLS he makes CBPearle look like a donut vendor. As a coach he's just not a loser, he never learned how to lose and he won't start now!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
I feel like saying "there's only one Tennessee" and saying him and the MTSU coach build programs the "right" way, he was taking direct pot shots at what's his face in Nashville and I'm definitely okay with that.

Because 90% of volnation loved n worshipped him just like they r doing to cbj. N kept saying he was going to win big n he could recruit he just needed more time.... because he took over a mess...sound familiar?

Sheep r sheep regardless who they follow...lol

Cbj has to beat Fla n bama before he is considered a success.. IMO anything short of that then he is average.

Well following your logic sheep are sheep then winners are winners....Butch Jones has proven he knows how to win his Conference championships at each school he has been at....beating the other best programs to be #1. CBJ has proven himself....Derek Dooley proved absolutely nothing before coming to Tennessee. So with that said....yeah we should be excited for the things to come...this man has a blue print for being a champion.

Well following your logic sheep are sheep then winners are winners....Butch Jones has proven he knows how to win his Conference championships at each school he has been at....beating the other best programs to be #1. CBJ has proven himself....Derek Dooley proved absolutely nothing before coming to Tennessee. So with that said....yeah we should be excited for the things to come...this man has a blue print for being a champion.

Don't get ahead of yourself. There was a 4-way tie this past year and a 3-way tie last year.

Yeah, what does THAT mean?

I think it probably meant putting the kid on the spot. The kid probably said he wanted to play for UT, and Jones stopped and asked him a few questions. Nothing wrong with that.

I think it probably meant putting the kid on the spot. The kid probably said he wanted to play for UT, and Jones stopped and asked him a few questions. Nothing wrong with that.

I just don't think embarrassing a 14 year old kid is CBJ's style regardless of context. I'll go out on a limb and hope the poster missed it on a word choice and meant "embraced"

Go Vols,

I just don't think embarrassing a 14 year old kid is CBJ's style regardless of context. I'll go out on a limb and hope the poster missed it on a word choice and meant "embraced"

Go Vols,

I agree. I don't think "embarrassed" is the correct word.

Complimenting or praising a humble 14 year old can embarrass him. I think y'all are reading too much into his comment.

Reactions: 2 people
I have to admit, I was skeptical about this hire when it first happened... But the more Coach Jones showed that he genuinely wants to be in Tennessee and loves being the coach of the Volunteers is really what we've needed ever since Fulmer retired. He is getting the kids and recruits to buy in to this program because he, himself, has bought in to it.

Complimenting or praising a humble 14 year old can embarrass him. I think y'all are reading too much into his comment.

Agree.

But going back to the Gruden mess, every single word someone says gets scrutinized on here.

I'm pretty sure ALL football fans are sheep to an extent. Sports fans in general are sheep. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have 100,000 plus seats in the stadium if we, as fans, were in fact not sheep.

The fact that a person is on VN posting, means you are a sheep. Regardless of whether you are positive posting or negative posting, you're a sheep to football.

Soapbox speech concluded. :hi:

I have to admit, I was skeptical about this hire when it first happened... But the more Coach Jones showed that he genuinely wants to be in Tennessee and loves being the coach of the Volunteers is really what we've needed ever since Fulmer retired. He is getting the kids and recruits to buy in to this program because he, himself, has bought in to it.

Well said.
Dooley wanted the job, but really just because it was a big time gig. Jones has shown he wants it for many more reasons than that.

:devilsmoke:
I'm pretty sure ALL football fans are sheep to an extent. Sports fans in general are sheep. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have 100,000 plus seats in the stadium if we, as fans, were in fact not sheep.

The fact that a person is on VN posting, means you are a sheep. Regardless of whether you are positive posting or negative posting, you're a sheep to football.

Soapbox speech concluded. :hi:

Im the black sheep of the family.:devilsmoke:

I feel like saying "there's only one Tennessee" and saying him and the MTSU coach build programs the "right" way, he was taking direct pot shots at what's his face in Nashville and I'm definitely okay with that.
I seriously doubt that he gives a you know what about that school.

I think that's right about Jones wanting to be HC at Tennessee. When he was first introduced to the team, he stood in front of them all and told them more than once, "You don't know what you have here."

Go Vols,

The kid is 6'0" at 14.

I'll go out on a limb and say that didn't go unnoticed.

Now, we need Volnal to show back up and clear the air for us.

It's odd that I really wanted someone who wanted to be here. And then when we got him, I questioned whether or not he was sincere.

But here's the thing, it's Tennessee! Why wouldn't we be somebody's dream job?? Right?

VN Store

Back