Josh Heupel emerges (old thread)

Billy Napier, Josh Heupel, Jamey Chadwell..., someone tell me how they are different

Napier.....kind of like an Offensive Pruitt.....but with head coaching experience. Not saying he is anything like Pruitt (as a person) but the big time program experience. Then he became a head coach and has done well so far.

Heupel, offensive minded guy. Has 3 years coaching experience at a lower level.....has done well at UCF.

Chadwell has a ton of head coaching experience.......almost all of it at lower levels. He builds programs. He improves programs and has a good offensive mind. His O is a bit different.....and takes “some” time to install.

All are O guys. 1 has more Experience as a HC and he builds and has a unique system. One his like a “blue blood” young at head coaching but doing well. One seems more known simply for his offense.......however it seems to be working at UCF.

Reactions: bpalmer28
I like Heupel, he’s not my first pick but he will definitely be an upgrade from Pruitt. Better than Dykes. I’d rather have Napier but that’s mainly because he’s a TN boy.

Reactions: Border Vol
Heupel is a solid coach, particularly offensively. Again we have a defensive coordinator. We just need to figure out the defensive side.

A lot of those players graduated-left

Exactly. Heupels record has gotten worse each year. So was his first year success due to his coaching or riding the team first built? Getting worse each year doesn’t point to success and ability to build a program.

Reactions: orangealways
So, this is the best we can do? What suggests Heupel is a good coach, at all? His track record at UCF isn't trending in the right direction now that Frost's guys are leaving.

VN Store

Back