Josh Heupel emerges (old thread)

Schiano this guy right now. Garbage hire.
Stop! This is why no one even wants to get in the mix here. Everyone said that Schiano protest was about his time at Penn State, turns out that absolute bullsh!t because you guys wanna run around like a bunch of 5 year olds screaming because you didn't get a toy at the store. Good lord, STFU and go on somewhere. Go burn your house down if you're that mad. Schiano this guy, grow the hell up!

Stop! This is why no one even wants to get in the mix here. Everyone said that Schiano protest was about his time at Penn State, turns out that absolute bullsh!t because you guys wanna run around like a bunch of 5 year olds screaming because you didn't get a toy at the store. Good lord, STFU and go on somewhere. Go burn your house down if you're that mad. Schiano this guy, grow the hell up!
Heupel sucks, whether you want to white knight him or not.

SO many "sources" with excrement in one hand and a wish in the other. I hope someone is keeping score of the "news" outlets and posters who totally crap the bed on this.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
In Year 2, his 10-3 recorded was padded by wins against teams that were a combined 66-64. Most of those wins were against FA&M and Florida Atlantic (20-5 combined) who UCF outright out-talented. The 3 losses were to a 4-8 Tulsa, 11-3 Cinci and 8-5 Pitt.

In Year 3, he dropped to 6-4. Wins were against teams that combined for 16-38 record. Losses were to 6-3 Tulsa, 8-3 Memphis, 9-1 Cinci and 11-1 BYU.

Frost built UCF and Heupel inherited it. Sounds a *LOT* like Brian Kelly at Cinci and Butch Jones. Frost has struggled mightily at Nebraska, so even Frost wasn't a sure-fire success. Since Heupel has steadily gotten worse in year 2 and year 3, it's hard to feel optimistic about his ability to inherit a (comparable to schedule) a less talented team and yearly matches against 3 of the best football programs every year.

Napier.....kind of like an Offensive Pruitt.....but with head coaching experience. Not saying he is anything like Pruitt (as a person) but the big time program experience. Then he became a head coach and has done well so far.

Heupel, offensive minded guy. Has 3 years coaching experience at a lower level.....has done well at UCF.

Chadwell has a ton of head coaching experience.......almost all of it at lower levels. He builds programs. He improves programs and has a good offensive mind. His O is a bit different.....and takes “some” time to install.

All are O guys. 1 has more Experience as a HC and he builds and has a unique system. One his like a “blue blood” young at head coaching but doing well. One seems more known simply for his offense.......however it seems to be working at UCF.
I’m willing to get behind Heupel if he’s the guy.

This post from the UCF board is depressing:

Tennessee is not about to hire Heupel. The man took a 13-0 football program and has it at 6-4. Tennessee, like all SEC teams, will want a strong recruiter. They will want a personality that commands respect. There’s a zero chance that they are interested in Heupel.

Ha, I wrote a book like post above, trying to get this same point across but you said it much more eloquently and with a lot less words.
GBO!!

Reactions: VOLNPA
Rucker stopped giving basketball updates, saying he had football coach related stuff. So take that for whatever that means.

Franklin isn't leaving PSU, Campbell isn't leaving Iowa State. Texas/Auburn couldn't pry Campbell away, we certainly aren't.

I'm surprised UT isn't going after Bill O'Brien hard. I guess the risk just isn't there for him when he can just spend 2-3 years as an OL Coach on Saban's staff and pole vault into whatever job he wants.

Did you read this whole thing or just the one from the “Fire Heupel” guy? Most of the posters are saying there’s zero credibility to this.
I was over there after we hired their AD. That particular poster has an irrational hatred for White and Huepel. Borderline unhinged.

VN Store

Back