Josh Heupel emerges (old thread)

I’ll say this, I’m not sure who should be hired, I’m not that skilled in hiring D1 football coaches. But, BUT, I’ve been humbled over the past decade and this could get ugly with the NCAA. Whoever is hired, we need to unite as a fan base and back the guy till the bitter end. We need to show that we can support a coach, no matter what and maybe the next guy may just be “the one” I know it’s hard, I couldn’t stand Dooley, Butch or Pruitt, near the end of their tenure but what we’re doing now is not working. I’m guessing that not only is our football program the laughing stock of college football but we as fans probably are as well. I’ve always thought it was stupid when someone blamed the fans and I’m in no way doing that. The fans didn’t cause Pruitt to have a 3-7 record. But we can impact the program, probably more than we realize. The next coach has the cards stacked against him and when he takes the job, it tells me that he wants to be here. I’m sure the money is helping make that decision too but a lot of coaches have said thanks, no thanks, to us over the years. We have to prove that while we are a passionate fan base, we are also the most supportive fan base in the land. I know many of you are going to bash this post to no end, I don’t care, I put it out here, knowing what was coming. All I’m saying is, take a look in the mirror and ask if you’re really doing this program any good by emailing prospective coaches or tweeting at recruits. Rick Barnes is possibly the best coach we have ever had on the hardwood, and we’re ready to write him off because his team has lost 3 games thus far. I’ve come to realize that I don’t have anything riding on these kids, other than foolish pride. I’m not a big time booster, hell, I’m not a small time booster but I love Tennessee and I’ve decided over the last few years that it’s only a game and I’m enjoying it, having fun with it, not living or dying with it. If Heupel is the guy, so be it. He has my support, until it’s obvious that he’s not cutting it. At that point, I’ll sit back and watch the next search unfold. Maybe we should be tweeting Yves Pons or Fulkerson, that we’ve got their back and are rooting for them, when they drop a game or two, instead of tweeting how terrible they are. Maybe we should be supporting these kids. We are VOLNATION, the greatest fan base in the world and it’s time we show it! It’s time we put our orange on and let everyone know how proud we are to be TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS, records be damned!
GBO!!

We are drama queen U.
No, not so much. We are a long suffering fan base (who has weathered the long storm) who has been mislead, lied to, and told by media and rival fanbases to "stop whining you losers" and "Tenn thinks its too good for inexperienced coordinator" and "just stay as you are and don't threaten the big boys ever again". Listen, I NEVER criticize an Auburn or a Texas or an Alabama or LSU for seeking the very best man to lead their program. Its not my team and I haven't suffered thru whatever they have experienced, so I'll keep my damned mouth shut and not offer an unwanted comment on their hire or whom they seek. Shut the F Up you trolls and you outside folks who have no clue what we have been expected to swallow for the last 15 years. We will live with who is hired and do our best to support him, but if another poor choice is made, the clock is ticking on probably the most loyal fanbase in the land. And we won't keep quiet for ever if this is screwed up. Live with it, you people trying to judge us.

It’s pretty obvious at this point if they’re this far down the list.

How do you know exactly where they are on the list? Do you have a definitive special insight providing you credible, provable information from inside the department?

Did we need a search firm to steer the AD back to UCF? Wtf is happening on the hill, if this is true

VN Store

Back