Josh Heupel emerges (old thread)

Got a lifelong friend at the bball game tonight, donates a good bit of $$. He’s saying this has legs from whoever whispered in his ear tonight. TFWIW. Regardless if true or not, Can’t believe we didn’t give Chadwell serious consideration.

Reactions: Volbrando
Based simply on the law of transitive properties, the Vols should hire Chadwell.

Heupel gets blown out by BYU

Pruitt lost to BYU.

Chadwell beat BYU.

The key to the entire search has been BYU the whole time.

Reactions: Plecoptera
Just hire someone and let’s roll! Half of you can praise him like he’s the second coming and the other half can rip him on twitter and bash him from day one.
I absolutely hate Tennessee coaching searches but I honestly think some of you enjoy it more than you do actual games.
GBO!!

Reactions: Border Vol
Honestly Josh Heupel isn't a name that excites me. However he's also not a name that makes me sick. There are several names that have been mentioned that make me wanna throw up.

I'd be okay with Josh Heupel. He's an offensive guy(helped Mizzou have an elite offensive a few years ago) would be nice if he brings Lebby as OC, And maybe keep Steele as DC and bring in Garner as DLC.

Huepel has maintained/kept UCF winning at high level, Frost was only there 2 years and JH has kept it winning can't expect undefeated every year.

Reactions: Border Vol

when-i-look-at-you-all-i.jpg

Just hire someone and let’s roll! Half of you can praise him like he’s the second coming and the other half can rip him on twitter and bash him from day one.
I absolutely hate Tennessee coaching searches but I honestly think some of you enjoy it more than you do actual games.
GBO!!
Well... after the last few years the searches have been more interesting.

All the ones that support this hire can honestly think that Heupel can hang with Saban, Kirby, or Mullen do they? Stoops and Drinkwitz will probably eat his lunch too!!!

I think many thought the same when Stoops was hired at KY. All probably agree, Saban is the beast. Not many hang with him. But why the hell should any coach, regardless of who it is, be afraid of Kirby, Mullen, Stoops, Pittman or any of them? It’s not like the kid hasn’t been following football. He knows the task. Hell, he already beat our heisman winning QB coach (Wienke) head to head. That has to account for something, right? To me that’s already a step up.

It official. Every single coach sucks. We can’t win with them 🙄.

This situation - despite the money - isn’t too appealing to good, experienced coaches with other options. It doesn’t matter what our record was in the 90s. Or how many first round picks we’ve had. The program is in shambles. Start with someone who wants to be here and hope he’s good. Y’all are acting like we have leverage here.

The Gruden stuff was all BS that lead up to the Schiano stuff then everyone freaked the hell out because it was all a lie that came from here! I don't care if people freak out on here, so be it but to go down to campus and act like a bunch of mouth breathers is BS. Attacking a coach and his family on Twitter is 100% BS. This place is so toxic now because of what Fulmer and Pruitt did and maybe when that report comes out you'll have a better understanding of just how sh!tty this situation is.

It seems to me that you are focusing on a couple of fools on Social Media and attributing that crap to us, the larger fanbase. Much like DW who idiotically requested that we "text our friends if we are frustrated". One has to be able to recognize a handful of absolute attention seekers that use a open social platform to get said attention and then have someone like you sort of imply that we Tenn fans are perhaps a group of "mouthbreathers". This is the same technique used by ESPN to smear us a a fanbase, and I for one am just tired of this absurd categorizing of us. If you feel the need to group and label the entire TN fandom, then you can go elsewhere too.

Reactions: ThreatLevelOrange
No I don’t expect UCF to stay at 13-0 every year. But when there’s clear regression season over season, it calls into question the ability of the HC.
Yes!

Programs go through cycles, but it’s hard to get excited about a guy that didn’t maintain or build success. He also is at a school that can compete with anyone in their conference in terms of pecking order, so not much “more with less” vibes.

Decent OC. Good HC? I don’t think the three years at the top of UCF put him too much ahead of a guy like Elliott.

In his defense, he’s not a finished product as a HC. Even my top candidate, Campbell, talked about how he had to rethink things this off-season. Whichever novice we hire, they need to embrace development as much as we hope they can develop players

Last edited:

VN Store

Back