Josh Heupel emerges (old thread)

I respect and value your opinion. I've been a Vol fan for over 60 years. So I think I've experienced the highs and lows of our storied program. But lately with the latest coach search it's been almost comical. Let White do his job.
I believe you will see that I stated we would do our best to support our new coach. I am certainly awaiting Danny White do his job. Just saying you can't keep screwing up this hire thing as has been done for so many years. Fanbase just cannot keep up the attendance and support if this isn't done right damned soon.

Reactions: slobberknocker
So, UT makes a universally praised hire in Danny White. They pay him an obscene amount to prove that they have unrestraines confidence in him. While White's job isn't solely dependent on this hire, there's no doubt that the administration spent the money because they were convinced he's nail it. What does he do with that mandate? He hires the guy that's been slowly pissing away the very reason that everyone thought the world of Danny White.

This can't be real life, can it?
Welcome to Tennessee

“The ink is not on the contract, but Josh Heupel is emerging as the guy with the best shot at this job.” — Austin Price

126240.jpg

Heupel’s dad was a small college coach. He was coached by Leach, Chuck Long and Mangino at Oklahoma. He worked for Stoops as co-offensive coordinator and has a couple other stops before UCF. TN is going to be a work in progress for the next couple of years. Certainly, there are other coaches with better resumes out there. The biggest question that comes to mind is, do those other coaches really want the job of rebuilding with perceived sanctions looming? Maybe Heupel having to hear about winning with Frosts recruits has motivated him to take on a monumental task that will make or break his career. Hell, not many would, or even consider, taking on such a task as what we are facing. Especially a young coach that has to know each and every move will be scrutinized to hell and back. If this hire plays out to be Heupel, I say one thing, the kid has some damn guts.

So, UT makes a universally praised hire in Danny White. They pay him an obscene amount to prove that they have unrestrained confidence in him. While White's job isn't solely dependent on this hire, there's no doubt that the administration spent the money because they were convinced he'd nail it. What does he do with that mandate? He hires the guy that's been slowly pissing away the very reason that everyone thought the world of Danny White.

This can't be real life, can it?
It is

It’s pretty damn sad the best two coaches out there can’t even get a call. Kiffin and Freeze.
Its sad and unfortunate. But such is life. If we were doing this in 2021 I think Kiffin would have already been hired. No way he can bolt 2 SEC schools after 1 season. Freeze was never an option due to previous NCAA trouble.

So you are offended that on a freakin FORUM made to voice fans thoughts, that after being fed so much BullSh@t for so long......you don't like the fact that we as a group are fed up and a bit angry? Listen, our Schiano extraction was an uprising and reaction from a pack of lies and being taken for absolute granted for too long. If you don't wish to see this kind of post, then YOU go somewhere else. A loyal fanbase that dares to question how this program is being led is ok in my book. These are the same fans that will build a damned monument for a guy who comes in here and just wins the East. GTFO
The Gruden stuff was all BS that lead up to the Schiano stuff then everyone freaked the hell out because it was all a lie that came from here! I don't care if people freak out on here, so be it but to go down to campus and act like a bunch of mouth breathers is BS. Attacking a coach and his family on Twitter is 100% BS. This place is so toxic now because of what Fulmer and Pruitt did and maybe when that report comes out you'll have a better understanding of just how sh!tty this situation is.

I’m not a Heupel guy.......but you can’t simply say he isn’t good based on 3 years at UCF.

Do you guys “expect” UCF to stay at 13-0 every year? Seriously?

Frost was there only 2 years. He went 6-7 the. 13-0.........Heupel did NOT take over a “sustained” 13-0 type program.

2 years Frost was 19-7
3 years Heupel was 28-8

Have they went down.....well sure......but Frost only had the ONE year. Heupel has done well and for longer.

All the ones that support this hire can’t honestly think that Heupel can hang with Saban, Kirby, or Mullen do they? Stoops and Drinkwitz will probably eat his lunch too!!!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back