Judge Dismisses Trump Documents Case.

What I don't get is... if Biden can't assist in his defense (in his document case) and DOJ/AG believe that than why hasn't Garland started 25th action? Logically, if he is not able to assist in his defense long ago than that puts the pressure on the AG to do something including releasing the audio to Congress and starting 25th process months ago.

I don't think those who are celebrating this decision are doing so based upon levelheaded legal reasoning, either. The situation here, though, is a judge went against decades of precedent by higher courts, including SCOTUS, establishing the constitutionality of a special counsel. This was on top of a swath of puzzling decisions and actions by a judge who was either compromised as a judicial appointee by the defendant or simply over he head. Plus, the case has been in her court for over a year for her to finally make this determination the prosecution can't, well, prosecute.

Regardless, this will no doubt be appealed, which will likely be successful, and it will happen after the election. Smith's team is probably just as much happy this is out of Cannon's court as he is frustrated by the decision.
And ends up before the Supreme Court…wonder how that turns out? 🤔

And ends up before the Supreme Court…wonder how that turns out? 🤔

I doubt it will go well for Cannon. This SCOTUS has been pretty activist for conservatism, but they've struck down rogue district judges in the past. I'd be surprised if anyone other than Thomas and maybe Alito would be on board. 11th circuit will likely strike it down, probably Cannon from the case, too, and we'll have a new judge and trial date in the distant future. Dragging this case out until after the election has always been the goal, especially as a federal case.

I doubt it makes it there. 11th circuit will likely strike it down, probably Cannon from the case, too, and we'll have a new judge and trial date in the distant future. Dragging this case out until after the election has always been the goal, especially as a federal case.
11th Circuit is presided over by Clarence Thomas. Good luck with that

I doubt it will go well for Cannon. This SCOTUS has been pretty activist for conservatism, but they've struck down rogue district judges in the past. I'd be surprised if anyone other than Thomas and maybe Alito would be on board. 11th circuit will likely strike it down, probably Cannon from the case, too, and we'll have a new judge and trial date in the distant future. Dragging this case out until after the election has always been the goal, especially as a federal case.

If the 11th overturns her it will go to SCOTUS.

We highly disagree…it’s allowed. 😏 Wishful thinking is a refuge.

Fair warning. My emotions from the assassination attempt are settling. That means bad puns are ahead.

Here goes.

No biggie on the dismissal. They didn't have a shot anyway.
Remember when EL was so happy about this? As all things, EL continues to lose. I hope he's a better lawyer than making political predictions

VN Store

Back