Just got back from Norman….

I live close but stopped and had a few beverages with your fellow fans. Your fan base is awesome. All the checkerboard apparel was mesmerizing.

As another Sooner posted, that felt like more than a ten point whooping. Our defense forced turnovers that gave our offense great field position. Our offense under Arnold looked like Bobby Boucher early on at SCLSU. Tennessee could have scored more but Heupel took his foot off the gas.

Overall, I’m glad we finally have a competent QB after the changes in the second half, and Tennessee is a playoff team. The Heup around Tennessee Football is real. I’d say good luck the rest of the way but you all don’t need it. It’s not luck when you are all that good.
Thank you. Respect to you and your team.

In OUs defense, the army worm disaster was very real and the field in much better shape this week than the last few. It looked much better. They used a lot of green spray paint. They also were used to it- they weren’t slipping all over the place - we were. All part of homefield advantage.

OU fans are pure class. Talk some pre-game smack and then come back to man up. The true sign of a team that has been done there, done that and knows they will be back and do it again.
Only a true blue blood with generations of excellence can act with such class and humility- some of our fans could learn a lot from you guys.
Very glad you joined our league. Now go whip Texas and Ole Miss!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
Hoping the field in Neyland is recovered by next home game with Floriduh. Heard they removed the turf for the Morgan Wallen concerts and will relay the turf so who knows what kind of shape it will be in come Oct 12.

I live close but stopped and had a few beverages with your fellow fans. Your fan base is awesome. All the checkerboard apparel was mesmerizing.

As another Sooner posted, that felt like more than a ten point whooping. Our defense forced turnovers that gave our offense great field position. Our offense under Arnold looked like Bobby Boucher early on at SCLSU. Tennessee could have scored more but Heupel took his foot off the gas.

Overall, I’m glad we finally have a competent QB after the changes in the second half, and Tennessee is a playoff team. The Heup around Tennessee Football is real. I’d say good luck the rest of the way but you all don’t need it. It’s not luck when you are all that good.
I think you all have found your QB. Just need to get some guys back from injuries, and with that elite defense, you'll surprise some people (hopefully Texas). Nothing but respect for you all and good luck the rest of the way!

I didn't see OU have any trouble. Maybe we should be better prepared with proper cleats for the turf?
I agree with this point. After Nico, Squirrel and Dylan slipped on their cuts, why weren’t our guys changing cleats? I don’t pretend to know the nuances of why you do and don’t do things, but it seemed obvious that the field was slick/grass was not healthy, so digging into the dirt was going to be needed. Otherwise, I thought the game went swimmingly. And our defense is scary at this point in the season. Can’t wait to see what they do going forward. GBO!

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Jackson Arnold is another example of recruiting rankings being too high. If you are a parent of an elite athlete, you know the game, pay for all these camps and get ranked by all of these services. He is a DJ Unge. Game 2 everyone is saying this is the guy everyone wanted not Nico or Arch, it was Arnold. Game 4 he is benched. Again don't fall for these rankings.

Thanks for the info...you are going to have a tough season. You play Mississippi, Bama, Mizzou Texas etc....this is going to be rough at best. Unfortunately Sark learned when at Bama and Venables has not learned yet. The athletes are just different in the SEC. I remember the comment from the BAMA/ND national championship game. The ND Center said he was awe struck as they had played other (what he considered elite) teams and then when they lined up he was looking across the line at grown men. They never stopped. All game ...grown men ....depth of grown men.....you will get back to greatness but what you need to do is recruit guys for a traditional defense and have a better balance of thunder with all your lighting guys!

Reactions: onevol74
Honestly, it might have hurt your offensive development all year. My understanding was all your games have been played on that field so far. OU offense might come alive at Auburn.
It won’t. We have a great OL coach but he’s got some defects. His awareness of his room is awful. We had a 2 1/2 year center leave early (Eagles) and a shock. We had a freshman all-American guard get into the portal and leave for Missouri. He wasn’t on top of his Dad’s disgruntlement. He redshirted Creed Humphrey then started a joke at center the first game the next year. He recruited only 2 OL in ‘21 then under the gun recruited only 2 for ‘22 🤦‍♂️. He has corrected it with very strong classes in ‘23 & ‘24. Then short on good players he goes after JAGS in the portal. Throw in a QB that has been a total bust and it’s like no power steering or brakes on your car. But our OL hates playing freshmen but he’s got to.

I was at the game and tailgated with OU fans all day. I’d like to thank everyone for the way my son and I were treated with open hospitality and respect!! Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_5416.jpeg
    IMG_5416.jpeg
    172 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2423.jpeg
    IMG_2423.jpeg
    210.2 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 67Vol

VN Store

Back