Just got back from Norman….

It won’t. We have a great OL coach but he’s got some defects. His awareness of his room is awful. We had a 2 1/2 year center leave early (Eagles) and a shock. We had a freshman all-American guard get into the portal and leave for Missouri. He wasn’t on top of his Dad’s disgruntlement. He redshirted Creed Humphrey then started a joke at center the first game the next year. He recruited only 2 OL in ‘21 then under the gun recruited only 2 for ‘22 🤦‍♂️. He has corrected it with very strong classes in ‘23 & ‘24. Then short on good players he goes after JAGS in the portal. Throw in a QB that has been a total bust and it’s like no power steering or brakes on your car. But our OL hates playing freshmen but he’s got to.
Man I get what you’re saying but playing true freshmen on the offensive line is a tough ask. More than any other position, imo.

I wouldn't get too excited about your backup QB quite yet. Those backup QBs always have a way of looking good against Tennessee through the years when thrusted in the middle of a game. But when they have to start the following weeks and defenses can better prepare for them, they proceed to look terrible.
So true

Reactions: Big Al Orange
It won’t. We have a great OL coach but he’s got some defects. His awareness of his room is awful. We had a 2 1/2 year center leave early (Eagles) and a shock. We had a freshman all-American guard get into the portal and leave for Missouri. He wasn’t on top of his Dad’s disgruntlement. He redshirted Creed Humphrey then started a joke at center the first game the next year. He recruited only 2 OL in ‘21 then under the gun recruited only 2 for ‘22 🤦‍♂️. He has corrected it with very strong classes in ‘23 & ‘24. Then short on good players he goes after JAGS in the portal. Throw in a QB that has been a total bust and it’s like no power steering or brakes on your car. But our OL hates playing freshmen but he’s got to.
Been there done that, one year we didn't have any OL commits.

I live close but stopped and had a few beverages with your fellow fans. Your fan base is awesome. All the checkerboard apparel was mesmerizing.

As another Sooner posted, that felt like more than a ten point whooping. Our defense forced turnovers that gave our offense great field position. Our offense under Arnold looked like Bobby Boucher early on at SCLSU. Tennessee could have scored more but Heupel took his foot off the gas.

Overall, I’m glad we finally have a competent QB after the changes in the second half, and Tennessee is a playoff team. The Heup around Tennessee Football is real. I’d say good luck the rest of the way but you all don’t need it. It’s not luck when you are all that good.
Thanks for that classy post, too bad the Okie Athletic Department isn't as classy. There was no excuse for the condition of that field. Poor gamesmanship. And that contributed to your guy sustaining a season ending Injury. Bush league, IMO. But again, thank you Sir.

Reactions: onevol74 and TAF
Good luck the rest of the season especially against Bama.

I hope you guys can get some relief from the injury bug that's been plaguing your team early on.

Man I get what you’re saying but playing true freshmen on the offensive line is a tough ask. More than any other position, imo.
We are dead last in Power 4 offense. We have 2 stud guards. Eugene Brooks #3 guard in the country by 24/7 and Eddie Pierre-Lewis Rivals #1 guard. They haven’t got any snaps since the first game with Temple.

We are dead last in Power 4 offense. We have 2 stud guards. Eugene Brooks #3 guard in the country by 24/7 and Eddie Pierre-Lewis Rivals #1 guard. They haven’t got any snaps since the first game with Temple.
But...but...but...did the Okies WIN last night??

img_0805-jpeg.679652

See ya NEXT YEAR in Neyland, $hitkicker...

Reactions: Remy
I didn't see OU have any trouble. Maybe we should be better prepared with proper cleats for the turf?
Injuries you must have missed. Proper Cleats are always there. Affects the Offense more than the defense.

Major concern is Injuries and maybe that is why you have a lot. 4 Home games.
Anderson didn't last but about 5 plays before he injured himself on a route.

I live close but stopped and had a few beverages with your fellow fans. Your fan base is awesome. All the checkerboard apparel was mesmerizing.

As another Sooner posted, that felt like more than a ten point whooping. Our defense forced turnovers that gave our offense great field position. Our offense under Arnold looked like Bobby Boucher early on at SCLSU. Tennessee could have scored more but Heupel took his foot off the gas.

Overall, I’m glad we finally have a competent QB after the changes in the second half, and Tennessee is a playoff team. The Heup around Tennessee Football is real. I’d say good luck the rest of the way but you all don’t need it. It’s not luck when you are all that good.
Thanks for the kind words but beware making too much of that QB's performance when UT was playing soft to run clock. That's something UT has never done well... but this time it didn't bite us.

This is the first time we've seen this version of Heupel. He himself said it wasn't something he's done. I hope we never see it again. I LOVE that he usually goes for the jugular.

I’m not trying to make an excuse here but that was the fourth straight home game to open the season. The field needs rehab for sure. Despite the field conditions, OU’s offense still couldn’t take advantage.
I get you, but the field condition kind of negated Tennessees speed advantage and cuts on pass patterns.

Anyone have a vid of our player planting the flag on their 50 since OU did it to us last time

Reactions: Remy

VN Store

Back