Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has passed away

Nothing stopping the millions who held RGB in high regard from holding a memorial. The world marches on, person dies the rest of us need to keep on going.
Of course. Some even move on with an added sense of purpose.

Oh, it's been discussed.

I think it's a good strategy. Republicans are at their best when they can spew their "righteous" white grievance (see Kavanaugh and Graham). Once that option is taken and they can't appear the victim, it's just them espousing platitudes about how impressed they are that Barrett adopted two poor black girls from Haiti to save their souls from voodoo and "sh*thole" nation conditions.

I think it's a good strategy. Republicans are at their best when they can spew their "righteous" white grievance (see Kavanaugh and Graham). Once that option is taken and they can't appear the victim, it's just them espousing platitudes about how impressed they are that Barrett adopted two poor black girls from Haiti to save their souls from voodoo and "sh*thole" nation conditions.
You're spin is revealing more about your character than that of Judge Barrett.

wow, she sounds like a horrible person

If true it says a lot about her character and fitness for the job.

It does? Plenty--in fact, most I'd say--work just for the money. I don't see why she couldn't reasonably be motivated by some symbolic nonsense. Hell, she could have retired during Obama's final term and then the replacement pick might have been stonewalled by the GOP-controlled senate. Not that they'd do such a thing...

Reactions: luthervol
It does? Plenty--in fact, most I'd say--work just for the money. I don't see why she couldn't reasonably be motivated by some symbolic nonsense. Hell, she could have retired during Obama's final term and then the replacement pick might have been stonewalled by the GOP-controlled senate. Not that they'd do such a thing...

She put herself and her wishes over the requirements and duties of the office she held. There is nothing admirable about that.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg Didn’t Retire Because She Wanted Hillary Clinton To ‘Name Her Successor,’ Daughter Says

The late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg held off on retirement in part because she thought former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton would win the 2016 presidential election, Ginsburg’s daughter says.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg Didn’t Retire Because She Wanted Hillary Clinton To ‘Name Her Successor,’ Daughter Says | The Daily Wire
Makes sense. That's what I said all along.

I'm already on the record for saying she'd be a hard candidate to attack from a qualification and personal history perspective.

how terrible that Dems can't attack her; a true shame they can't derail the nomination by demonizing her. I can see why you are upset

Reactions: AM64
Just in case there's any question whether Trump's SCOTUS stuffing will backfire...

View attachment 308458

People favor confirmation hearings for Supreme Court vacancy in 2020: Poll

A new poll conducted shortly before the death of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg revealed that an overwhelming majority of U.S. adults of all political stripes supported holding hearings for a nominee if a vacancy opened on the nation's highest bench.
Marquette University released the survey results on Saturday that showed 67% of adults believed the Senate should hold a hearing if a vacancy occurred during 2020's race, with only 32% opposition — and similar strong numbers across Republicans, Democrats, and independents, who supported holding confirmation hearings at 68-31%, 63-37%, and 71-28% respectively. The poll was completed three days before the death of Ginsburg, the 87-year-old liberal icon who was nominated by President Bill Clinton and confirmed in 1993. Ginsburg earned praise from Democrats and Republicans upon news of her death.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back