Justin Worley Throwing Motion

I saw him go against clowney, down in the first half, led his team on a comeback for the win, and a state championship. I wouldn't give up on him just yet.

Reactions: 7 people
Casey Clausen had a bit of a wind up in his throwing motion.

Not saying Worley is going to be Clausen, but you all are just looking for something to worry about.

His throwing motion is miles better than it was when he first arrived.

Reactions: 1 person
Originally Posted by VolBraniac
Worley was a SC high school QB. That Spurrier did not aggressively, if at all, pursue at a time when he needed a hi-performance QB

duh.
:boredom:

And the University of Jesus H. Christ too. :glare:
Spurrier saw in Worley exactly what Worley is. A great hi school QB with an average arm, a long throwing motion, no feet or quicks and no real upside. Dooley saw a publicity coup. "Gatorade Player Of The Year" no one else really wanted. :eek:lol:

So this very same Worley - who had starts as a Frosh - still looks like a deer in headlights

Worley pumpshiners! Get over it. Like Simms, he will be toast in a matter of time.

Did you not see the list of schools i listed that wanted him? Are you saying they are nobodies?

Reactions: 3 people
serious question...we've seen a little bit of Worley in a game situation whether it be last season or in the O&W game. With what we've seen (keep in mind people improve dramatically over time) do we see him as the starter this year?

I was impressed with some of his throws last year, can't remember who it was against.

Reactions: 3 people
Worley was a SC high school QB. That Spurrier did not aggressively, if at all, pursue at a time when he needed a hi-performance QB

duh.

Originally blithered by Air_Force_Vol27
No but Florida, Notre Dame, Stanford, and Florida State did.

Spurrier saw in Worley exactly what Worley is. A great hi school QB with an average arm, a long throwing motion, no feet or quicks and no real upside. Dooley saw a publicity coup. "Gatorade Player Of The Year" no one else really wanted. :eek:lol:

So this very same Worley - who had starts as a Frosh - still looks like a deer in headlights

Worley pumpshiners! Get over it. Like Simms, he will be toast in a matter of time.
Did you not see the list of schools
Can't you read?

Worley is history in the making.

I saw him go against clowney, down in the first half, led his team on a comeback for the win, and a state championship. I wouldn't give up on him just yet.

That was a great game. Keeping his eyes downfield, while clowney was in his face a good majority of the time. Made some really nice throws.

Reactions: 2 people

duh.

Can't you read?

Worley is history in the making.

I can read and you said no one wanted him.

duh.

You suck.

Reactions: 7 people
As a former QB, Worley's problem is less his wind-up (which is long), but that he abbreviates his motion coming over his shoulder (pushes the ball) instead of the full turn over his head that PM does so well to get that laser like throw. Worley knows he isn't putting the "zip" he needs on his throws and compensates in his wind-up. If he would throw more into bringing his throw over in the full turn, he could throw the ball much quicker and with more zip that he gets with that wind up.

I'm pulling for dobbs... Not putting down Worley I think he does have maturity and leadership qualities but don't know if the mechanics are there. I like peterman. But as of now the QBs haven't calmed my worries and the praise I'm hearing about dobbs, has me hoping that he wins it.

I know it's tough for a true freshman, but this kid is freakishly smart both in academic IQ as well as football IQ, he's a leader, watching his film he put the team on his back when the game was on the line, he has quick release and very accurate with nice zip. Just my evaluation.

This can be a problem when facing an SEC defense. The South Carolina game comes to mind when considering how fast he needs to get rid of the ball.

You mean when he was a true freshman making his first collegiate start against a top 15 team while on national television?

Reactions: 1 person
I havent seen the spring game, and dont remember much about his horrific playing time the past 2 seasons. (becasue they usually came in the worst times possible)
I will say he had a very good QB coach and if he turns the ball over a few times as a result, it will probably still be less turnovers than #8 had.
I am more mad he is wearing Eric Berrys number, if he sucks I dont him to do it wearing a legends number just one class removed.

I'm a big Worley supporter. I personally believe he'll be the starter come fall and I'm hoping and praying that he steps up. If I remember correctly from the few games he played in, he made a few good throws on the run. I think if he really can do that, it'll be a huge plus.

duh.

Simplistic answer that is basically wrong.

Worley is a pure pro style QB. Spurrier runs a zone read offense. He did not recruit him because he did not show any ability to run the ball. Which is why he will not be starting if Jones wants to run the QB more in zone read. However, it is why Dools/Chaney wanted him at QB since they did not run their QB - see Tyler Bray. It is also why he was offered by major schools that ran offenses he was suited to handle.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm a big Worley supporter. I personally believe he'll be the starter come fall and I'm hoping and praying that he steps up. If I remember correctly from the few games he played in, he made a few good throws on the run. I think if he really can do that, it'll be a huge plus.

Good post. The QB experts on this board disagree. LOL.

Worley has been seen during an actual game on the radar gun delivering passes at 50 mph. The average pro QB delivers at 45-50 mph - provided by NFL scouting. Bray is at 52-54 mph. Fact. Don't care who agrees or disagrees with it because I have seen the gun reading on both as well scouting analysis on numerous QB's.

Worley has good footwork and pocket presence. Fact. As determined by the previous and current QB/OC coaching staffs as well as the numerous schools that recruited him in HS.

Worley's delivery is longer than many top CFB QB's and pros. The staff will have to work on this for route timing purposes.

Other than tipped balls, interceptions come from missing reads of coverage, good plays by the D, and improper route running by the receivers. Most of Worley's reads are spot on. I have seen a few balls he has thrown into 2 deep coverage where he did not read the safety correctly. With experience that can be fixed. See Tyler Bray's performance as he got more experience. Worley is the opposite of Bray. He is better than Bray at short to intermediate routes. Bray was better at intermediate to deep routes.

Jones runs primarily a short to intermediate route offense. This all comes down to whether the other 3 QB's can learn the offense well enough and execute zone read or not. If one of them emerges he will probably take over. If not Jones will stay will Worley and go more traditional pro set.

Peterman will be fine for zone read. However, he clearly cannot read coverages well yet and he throws the ball sidearm much of the time.

I do like Peterman though! I think he has some hell of potential. He's looking pretty solid all around.

I am on the fence with Peterman. Some of the throws he made in the O/W game looked really bad. I know some of them could have been the receivers' fault, but a couple just seemed to slip out of his hand.

Maybe I'm being unrealistic, but I would have liked to have seen a little more solid showing from one of them. Maybe Dobbs is the man...who knows?

As a side note, though, I do think Peterman was hurt by the no contact jersey. That may have played into some of the decisions to throw that, given a game situation, would have been runs.

VN Store

Back