Justin Worley Throwing Motion

I am on the fence with Peterman. Some of the throws he made in the O/W game looked really bad. I know some of them could have been the receivers' fault, but a couple just seemed to slip out of his hand.

Maybe I'm being unrealistic, but I would have liked to have seen a little more solid showing from one of them. Maybe Dobbs is the man...who knows?

As a side note, though, I do think Peterman was hurt by the no contact jersey. That may have played into some of the decisions to throw that, given a game situation, would have been runs.

True .

Hands down Peterman's bomb to Vincent Dallas was the best throw of the day though. I personally think he wins the starting job because of his versatility. He has got some wheels and will get some yardage out of the read option .

Both QB's don't have ideal throwing motions. They both need work but aren't really terrible either.

Worley is a tad slower than Peterman.

And those expecting to see Dobbs - you are going to be disappointed. If Dobbs had been an EE - okay, then i could see it.

But no way does a kid come in August as a true frosh and play.

By the middle or end of the season - okay, maybe.

Also, he is a genius, so maybe he can. It would just be extremely rare.

Many years ago Atlanta had a QB named Bob Lee that replaced Steve Bartkowski late in the season. He did quite well, but I was convinced that he would not be successful for exactly that reason: his wind-up was long and sweeping. Concesus was that he was going to be great. The next season, after teams had film on him, he was a pick machine.
The point is that good DB's, given .2 or .3 extra seconds to react, will destroy a slow delivery. I never coached football, but I played QB. The poster is absolutely correct, and I share his concerns. Maybe he can be coached into a faster delivery. Otherwise, Dobbs may be the starter.

Spurrier's exact words:
"I remember asking Ellis, 'How come we didn't go after this guy?'" Spurrier said. "Probably should have. I don't know. He's obviously a very talented young man. I don't know a lot about him, to tell you the truth."

Reactions: 2 people
Peterman did side-arm a few throws in the O&W game though too...but then again Stafford does that all the freaking time and he's been pretty successful at Detroit.

I do like Peterman though! I think he has some hell of potential. He's looking pretty solid all around.

I like them both but am not convinced either has the playmaking ability to succeed in the SEC. Worley has improved but does take too long to get the ball out of his hand. Peterman makes bad decisions but also does not have the arm strength I thought he would show.

Sometimes guys improve decision making and become very good. Sometimes... maybe most of the time... they don't.

Does his Throwing motion scare anyone else as much as it does me? I understand the kid won a lot of awards coming in and had some high praise. I just feel his wind up takes FOREVER and a good Defense is going to take advantage of this. Just some thoughts as I watch the OW game, sorry to be debbie downer:loco:

I tend to focus more on the end result. I don't pay much attention to how it's delivered.

Originally Posted by VolBraniac Spurrier saw in Worley exactly what Worley is. A great hi school QB with an average arm, a long throwing motion, no feet or quicks and no real upside. Dooley saw a publicity coup. "Gatorade Player Of The Year" no one else really wanted. :eek:lol:
Kiffin loved Worley too. Both could be wrong but the mutual interest had nothing to do with Dooley seeing a publicity coup.

So this very same Worley - who had starts as a Frosh - still looks like a deer in headlights
The kid's courage is not in doubt. He came in as a Fr after Bray was injured and Simms failed badly and did what he could... in an offense that was pretty anemic after Hunter went down.

Worley pumpshiners! Get over it. Like Simms, he will be toast in a matter of time.
Can't you read?

Worley is history in the making.

Possibly. Or... you could be as wrong as this last statement was classless.

Worley is toast. With all the valid criticisms of him, the only way he can keep the job is to win and win early. This ain't happening.

It's Simms-Bray all over again. Jones has little choice but to go with Worley until he can get Peterman up to speed. Dooley -Simms- Bray (Memphis).

Come some easy game when Jones is sitting on a warming seat, mid next season or so, he'll make his move to Peterman. Remember, this is "his guy" he recruited at Cincy.

Whether Peterman can win enough to keep the job, I doubt it. We are looking at a team that could very easily lose six or seven games. Right behind Peterman are two "Jones guys". One will get picked, the other will transfer.

At that time, and until that time, we won't have a clue what Jones can do. By Season II, his seat will be heating up. By the end of Season II, it will be do or die and Jones will be doing or dieing with "his guys".

Spurrier's exact words:
"I remember asking Ellis, 'How come we didn't go after this guy?'" Spurrier said. "Probably should have. I don't know. He's obviously a very talented young man. I don't know a lot about him, to tell you the truth."
What a load of cock**** that was too. :crazy:

Worley played HS ball right down the street from Spurrier. Gatorade Player of the year. SC state setting stats leader.

"Don't know a lot about him" :rofl: Yeah, he saw Worley and passed on him quickly. It was that simple for Spurrier.

Worley is toast. With all the valid criticisms of him, the only way he can keep the job is to win and win early. This ain't happening.

It's Simms-Bray all over again. Jones has little choice but to go with Worley until he can get Peterman up to speed. Dooley -Simms- Bray (Memphis).

Come some easy game when Jones is sitting on a warming seat, mid next season or so, he'll make his move to Peterman. Remember, this is "his guy" he recruited at Cincy.

Whether Peterman can win enough to keep the job, I doubt it. We are looking at a team that could very easily lose six or seven games. Right behind Peterman are two "Jones guys". One will get picked, the other will transfer.

At that time, and until that time, we won't have a clue what Jones can do. By Season II, his seat will be heating up. By the end of Season II, it will be do or die and Jones will be doing or dieing with "his guys".

Watch out for Dobbs in 2014,He could be ready.

Well Miss Cleo, CFB history both recent and distant is full of guys who figured out how to do it well in unconventional ways. Worley isn't "toast". Judging his progress based on what a fan could see of this spring then making definitive conclusions is not wise.

I like both guys... but Peterman's arm strength is disappointing. I thought he had a better arm than Worley. He doesn't.

Ferguson is a project at best IMO.

Dobbs is intriguing because he's very smart but he doesn't have very well developed passing skills either.

People here have very recently tried to convince me that fans like you did not exist. Thanks for proving them wrong. I have tried to convince people that Jones needs to establish himself this year with this team. The talent+experience level goes down, not up, in '14.

Here you already project a hot seat in year one. Again, thanks.

If Jones cannot win 7+ including a win over one of the better teams with this roster, he won't survive without a miracle in '15. Again, the roster will not be improved in '14. UT will likely lose its whole OL. It will likely lose not only the starting DL but several first line back ups. At least 3 of the top 4 LB's will be gone. I believe Byron Moore will be out of eligibility.

You are not properly estimating the importance of capitalizing on what he inherited this year. He inherited a DL with alot of talent and perhaps the best OL as a unit in the country. Whoever he starts at QB better be the "guy".

Watch out for Dobbs in 2014, He could be ready.
And if he is and we are losing, and we will be, he'll get the call.

Spotting up a frosh QB buys Jones time. He can play the "we have to let him mature" and losses become more palatable. We have incoming studs, this recruiting class is starting to be superb. So far though he's lucky. In state talent is great. He has closed on a few of his Cincy recruits.

Jones is making his bed for Season III. If we aren't obviously closing the Florida/Alabama gap by then, he will have run out of cards to play.

Well Miss Cleo, CFB history both recent and distant is full of guys who figured out how to do it well in unconventional ways. Worley isn't "toast". Judging his progress based on what a fan could see of this spring then making definitive conclusions is not wise.
Where have you been? I've seen Worley in SEC ball. He's the same player he was when he got tossed into the fire and not a spits better.

Replace Peterman with Dobbs and this is spot on.

Does his Throwing motion scare anyone else as much as it does me? I understand the kid won a lot of awards coming in and had some high praise. I just feel his wind up takes FOREVER and a good Defense is going to take advantage of this. Just some thoughts as I watch the OW game, sorry to be debbie downer:loco:

So now his throwing motion sucks?

it looked to me like Peterman has a better arm, FWIW.

If the two guys are close by the end of summer camp, why not play each a half in the first game or two? That will shake them out a lot more quickly and a lot more decisively than practice. Play them both early--unless one has established clear superiority--and then decide. If you just play, say, Worley, in the first couple of games and our offense looks shaky, then you're likely stuck with him as you don't want to start playing Peterman in our first SEC game. That would not be wise.

I do like Peterman though! I think he has some hell of potential. He's looking pretty solid all around.

Wait till Dobbs gets here. Right now in this offense nobody will believe Worley will keep the ball on a read and actually run. Peterman can run decent. Now to my point. Dobbs has some wheels and it is pretty accurate. If he can grasp the offense he will take this offense Willie Beaman style!! :dance2:

Tebow has a terrible throwing motion and look how that worked out.

If Worley can clock SEC safties, fall forward on every tackle for at least 3 yards, have all 11 defenders staring into the backfield fearing scramble on every play, and have about the sickest live game senses ever, then he should be fine.

VN Store

Back