Justin Worley to start against Austin Peay

AllVolForLife_16

Just got an alert on my ESPN CFB app, that a source told ESPN's Brett McMurphy that Worley will be named the starting QB for the season opener. Nothing really groundbreaking as this is pretty much what we all expected.

Reactions: 3 people
Not surprising but the fact there was no clear #1 before now, and really still may not be, is not good. One would think Worley should have at least pushed Bray last year....a little... but it wasn't even close. Now this year he can't separate himself by much, other than limited game experience, from a rs freshman and two true freshman. We better hope the light comes on quickly for someone behind center. If so, I think we have a surprisingly good season (7-5 to 8-4). If not, 5 or 6 wins.

Reactions: 5 people
I find this a little upsetting. Worley had the entire off season to win the job but never could really do that. This just feels like we're naming him the starter bc nobody really won it outright, and we're a few days from kickoff.
I just hate that the last I saw him play was last week's practice. He just looked so bad!

Reactions: 6 people
I find this a little upsetting. Worley had the entire off season to win the job but never could really do that. This just feels like we're naming him the starter bc nobody really won it outright, and we're a few days from kickoff.
I just hate that the last I saw him play was last week's practice. He just looked so bad!

I would think that CBJ knows what he is doing and that he is putting in "the best guy for the job" at this time.

Reactions: 4 people
I would think that CBJ knows what he is doing and that he is putting in "the best guy for the job" at this time.

Sure. I just think if it was going to be Worley, we could have heard about it weeks ago. Holding this announcement until this late seems like Butch was giving the other guys every opportunity to win the job, they just didn't do it. If that was bc Worley was soo good, I think he would have won the job officially a while ago.

How do we know he hadn't this spot sealed up for a while? Just dont understand the pessimistic attitude over this. Has CBJ announced any starters period? On the offense? Take a chill pill

Reactions: 6 people
Sure. I just think if it was going to be Worley, we could have heard about it weeks ago. Holding this announcement until this late seems like Butch was giving the other guys every opportunity to win the job, they just didn't do it. If that was bc Worley was soo good, I think he would have won the job officially a while ago.

I called this 2 weeks ago. CBJ was not going to name the starter until game week because he wanted to keep the competition between all 4 QB's going and to make sure each QB was giving their best focus and effort each and every day during fall camp. Now that camp is over and we are focusing on getting ready for AP, he is able to name the starter.

I'm not sure why you think CBJ not actually coming out and naming the starter so early means that Worley sucks. If anyone would have simply paid attention, Worley has been running with the ones since camp started. That alone should have told you that he would be the starter, duh! :crazy:

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

Disagree . I think He waited so that they would really work at improving.

Reactions: 3 people
The only people that was worried about who the starter would be were the dobbs fans because he can run crowd.
Cbj has known for a while is my guess. He couldn't name the starter before.freshman arrived because when they were recruited they were told they would have the chance to start.. if he didn't let them really believe how could he sell other he kids on starting as freshman..

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back