Justin Worley to start against Austin Peay

My prediction is this. Worley plays first half. Then Peterman will get most snaps in the second with some Dobbs and Ferguson...considering it's a blowout (and if it's not...we're in for a long season). If Western Kentucky puts up a good fight we might see the whole game of Worley unless he completely blows it. If it gets out of reach we might see some Peterman action. But I look to see Worley starting against Oregon.

My prediction is this. Worley plays first half. Then Peterman will get most snaps in the second with some Dobbs and Ferguson...considering it's a blowout (and if it's not...we're in for a long season). If Western Kentucky puts up a good fight we might see the whole game of Worley unless he completely blows it. If it gets out of reach we might see some Peterman action. But I look to see Worley starting against Oregon.

John Kerry just called. He said you should make up your mind.

I find this a little upsetting. Worley had the entire off season to win the job but never could really do that. This just feels like we're naming him the starter bc nobody really won it outright, and we're a few days from kickoff.
I just hate that the last I saw him play was last week's practice. He just looked so bad!

Worley has had the exact same amount of time as Peterman to learn the new offense.

If we still had Chaney as OC, your worry would be valid.

Got no problem with Worley starting. No one could overtake him. If he sucks they'll have a short leash on him IMO.

John Kerry just called. He said you should make up your mind.

Yes because obviously I'm not leaning towards one way. I mean there could be absolutely no way a football game could go more than one way.

Last edited:
Yes because obviously I'm not leaning towards one way. I mean there could be absolutely no way football games could go more than one way.

You shoulda just said....A bunch of stuff may or may not happen, then based on those things, some more stuff may or may not happen.

Either Worley will play every down for as many reps as possible, or if Jones don't like what he sees and JW struggles he might rotate them a lot. I don't see it being in the middle (JW playing 1st half til its out of reach).

SURE!!! lets burn as many redshirts as we possibly can in the very first game against possibly the worst team any SEC team will play this year. IS THAT YOU DOOLEY???

Reactions: 7 people
A player can play in the first game and still be redshirted, don't freak out. If Worley is the named starter. That means he outright won the fall camp. How can CBJ say, we're starting from ground zero, everybody will get the chance to start,.. And then two weeks in to camp name a starter. That would be him going against his word. Like I said, if Worley is starting that means he has won the job.

Worley will be benched after the UF game anyways. Dobbs is the long term plan.

4th game of the season is not exactly "long term" is it? To me, if Dobbs were the "long term" plan that would mean red shirting him this year and then he would take the starting job his red shirt sophomore year.

Reactions: 1 person
SURE!!! lets burn as many redshirts as we possibly can in the very first game against possibly the worst team any SEC team will play this year. IS THAT YOU DOOLEY???

I say we make 4th quarter freshman only. Every single one of them.

Maybe we should call up Jalen and let him in there for a few plays.

Max amount of eligibility is for chumps. Our players go NFL.

Redshirting is a sign of weakness.

A player can play in the first game and still be redshirted, don't freak out. If Worley is the named starter. That means he outright won the fall camp. How can CBJ say, we're starting from ground zero, everybody will get the chance to start,.. And then two weeks in to camp name a starter. That would be him going against his word. Like I said, if Worley is starting that means he has won the job.

Yeah.... No.. No he cannot.

If the coach sends him out there, that redshirt is gone. Unless he gets hurt.

Not surprising. I think CBJ makes a pretty big statement if he sends one of the younger guys out there game one. I feel like this is in part giving Worley his due. CBJ never really indicated that any one of the guys blew him away as the outright starter. From the stuff I saw Peterman looked as good if not better. But I'm not the coach and I'm sure CBJ has done his due diligence on the matter.

VN Store

Back