Kavares Tears 7th inning Double was a Home Run?

They even have
I stand corrected.

How the heck did the umps not hear the ball hit the metal?

How did nobody in the bullpen, dugout, etc., not jump up and down screaming for a replay there?

Was CTV out of challenges at that point?
they even have 2 extra outfield umpires in the for the finals. All the focus was on the slide and the ricochet off the mesh fence was admittedly hard to see live.

They even have

they even have 2 extra outfield umpires in the for the finals. All the focus was on the slide and the ricochet off the mesh fence was admittedly hard to see live.
Focus on the slide with a ball flying toward the yellow line? The slide was much later in time. 😈

They even have

That’s a pretty weak excuse because the landing of the ball came well before the slide (the ball was already at the plate by then). But, it wouldn’t be the first time for poor umpiring.

That’s a pretty weak excuse because the landing of the ball came well before the slide (the ball was already at the plate by then). But, it wouldn’t be the first time for poor umpiring.
Agreed. They shouldn‘t have missed it. My point was the reviews and replays (not the umpires) were all focused on the slide.

Now that it’s all over, I wonder if the A&M outfielders would admit it should have been a HR. If you were chasing down a ball and saw it from 10 ft away, you should know where it struck the wall.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I was in the outfield for the 1st game, then moved to seats down the RF foul line for game 3. I do not think this was a homerun, and what most do not realize is the metal fence and mesh above the wall is about 2 feet back from the wall(yellow line). I think, because of this, the ball would have had to hit very high on the fencing to clear the wall on the return bounce and get back to Jace the way it did. I attached a photo to show the gap

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    89.9 KB · Views: 31
Looks like all of the replays show it to be a HR. He doesn't generally put a big launch angle on the ball, so it would make a lot of sense that if it did hit that fence it would bounce back really hard into the field. At this point it doesn't really matter much though.

Reactions: TechnoVol
1720189885675.png
I'm sure the camera didn't stay on them long enough to see their reactions, but these Aggie fans were close enough to both see and hear where it hit. Their emotional deflation upon seeing a home run [congratulations to self for not saying "Tennessee dong"] would have confirmed the OP's post mortem hypothesis.

Disregard any Tennessee fans' reactions, as what we see runs the gamut from sunshine pumper's "the ball cleared the stadium" to BVS despairing "sticker probably fell off the bat."

I’m not going to get onto the umpires too much on this one. As another poster pointed out above, it is a bad configuration.

The fact that we didn’t challenge it shows that it wasn’t obvious.

Looks like all of the replays show it to be a HR. He doesn't generally put a big launch angle on the ball, so it would make a lot of sense that if it did hit that fence it would bounce back really hard into the field. At this point it doesn't really matter much though.
I went back a while ago and between the granularity of my DVR and the twitch speed of my fingers I can’t see anything definitive either way after at least 20 minutes of trying. Glad it is not needed.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
An inside joke from last year. Following a loss, a driveby offered their sage evaluation of the coaching staff. It stuck with the beisbol guys. 😉
…wooden bat game(?)
Could the umps have requested a review? Thought late game for certain rulings, like boundary, they could. If Yes, then I still have an ump issue. A big one .

VN Store

Back